General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Fiesta mk3 1.1 to 1.8 silver top

Search this Thread

Old 29-04-2018, 12:39 PM
T18rkn
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiesta mk3 1.1 to 1.8 silver top

Hi all, new here n hope I'm posting in the right section if not I apologise... anyway I'm after a bit of help with my first project. I have a mechanically complete k registered 1.8 16v xr2i with accident damage sat at the bottom of my garden it' been there probably 4/5 years + and the rot has taken its toll in a big way to the body and is irreparable so I came across a reasonably clean and solid mk3 1.1 which I planned to do an engine swap with everything from the 2i. I am competent enough to get everything out of both vehicles and feel competent enough to be able to bolt it all in probably with a bit of guidance from here if required.. the thing that absolutely baffles me is car electrics.. what am I taking off? What am i swapping? Will it plug in? What is involved in getting it to turn key and start? Also I would like to point out if it' of any relevance that of all the years it' sat in the garden my grandad has lost the key and aftermarket immobilizer fob. Would this have an effect on anything or could I potentially with a bit of guidance go ahead and make this work with what is there.. If tried to word this as best I can and think iv covered what I think I'm trying to ask it' just I have so many questions and some may sound stupid but if I have the basic info and guidance from anybody willing to help I'd really appreciate it as I'd love to make this work as I have always had a fiesta soft spot... n want to drive around in something that iv done myself with a bit of poke.... thanks in advance
Old 29-04-2018, 01:47 PM
LECKEY12345

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can not help if it will fit or not, but 100% see if the xr2 will start and run before you start the swop, I am sure you will have enough problems doing the swop, but at least you will know it did work before much money is spent.
Old 30-04-2018, 08:03 AM
T18rkn
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update I have managed to unpick the cobra alarm/immobiliser and now have it turning over and running on easy start so engine does run.. may need a bit of tic before it' fitted but at least I know it works still 😁 just need to know how to get it in and wired up
Old 30-04-2018, 02:39 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by T18rkn
Just an update I have managed to unpick the cobra alarm/immobiliser and now have it turning over and running on easy start so engine does run.. may need a bit of tic before it' fitted but at least I know it works still 😁 just need to know how to get it in and wired up
Happy days mate that's a result