General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Opie Oils

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 06:24 PM
DavidK
Virgin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Opie Oils

Am I the only member of this site that has had a bad experience with this firm?

On January 20th, I ordered some oils, filters, brake fluid, and grease for my Focus and Cossie. When the parcel arrived, it was missing the Millers 5w-50 for the Cos.

So I emailed Opie Oils and asked them to look into this. No reply. So I sent another email. Still no reply. Finally, I sent a formal complaint asking for a response to my emails. I’ve still received no reply.

So I’ve ordered the Millers from another company – one that hopefully takes customer services a bit more seriously. I’m £33 the poorer, but perhaps a little wiser.

Is my experience an aberration, or is this their normal standard of ‘service’??
Old 17-02-2018, 09:47 AM
Csm
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ive bought oils for mmany years from Opie and never had a bad experiance like yours

Maybe they are on holiday just now ?
Old 17-02-2018, 10:25 AM
DavidK
Virgin

I'm not sure what's happened to the rest of this thread, but plenty of members have gallantly risen to the defence of Opie Oils. It seems that my experience was a one-off, apparently caused by the non-arrival of my emails. Why that happened, I've no idea. Anyway, RSMat generously agreed to contact Opie on my behalf, and they've now sent my missing oil, so it's all been resolved amicably . . .

Thanks for your comment, though. It adds further weight to the good experiences other members have reported with this company . . .
Old 17-02-2018, 10:27 AM
DavidK
Virgin

Mods – please delete this thread, which duplicates another thread of the same title from a few days earlier . . .

Thanks, DavidK