General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Diesel mechanic help needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 31-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Irishandy794
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel mechanic help needed!!

i bought a 2010 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI off a friend with the turbo gone. It smoked like a train and had no power.

Secondhand turbo bought off eBay and fitted. Car started straight away and I let get up to temperature before testing. Drove up the road and round a few corners and when I put my foot down to see if turbo kicked in.

The car accelerated on its own straight into the red line. I quickly turned it off and pulled over. Tried to restart but it would only turn over.

If I spray easy start into inlet manifold it starts after turning it over for about ten seconds then cuts straight out. Engine sounds fine for the split second that it runs.

When end I plug the OBD scanner in there is no fault codes. I get readings from all sorts but show no fuel pressure at all. When I disconnect the pressure sensor off the common rail it throws a fault code which would indicate they that is working. When I crack the pipes to injector off and turn it over fuel comes out but only spitting.

I have now now replaced the fuel pump from another off of eBay, fitted it, beld the system by drawing the fuel from the return pipe from the fuel pump and have the same problem.

I am am now out of ideas and now getting very expensive. Is there anybody out there able to help me.

I also cant work out the link between the turbo change, accelerating on its own and now no fuel pressure. As well as being peed off with it I am also very curious to what has happened.

​​​​​​​Please help once again.
Old 31-01-2018, 03:25 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 561 Likes on 523 Posts

Sounds like there must have been oil in the intake system/intercooler left from when the original turbo let go. Maybe there's a fuel
Shut off on the car that recognised when it ran on and shut everything off?
Old 31-01-2018, 05:23 PM
cabriolet
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check the oil it will run on its oil then when it runs out of oil wont start maybe the diesel problem was already there just my 2 penny worth
Old 31-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Irishandy794
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers guys. I will do some checks for a fuel cut off. As for the oil. I topped it up before the test drive