General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

T5 gearbox with glebe dog kit won't go into gear help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Ashley templeman
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T5 gearbox with glebe dog kit won't go into gear help!!

I've literally just had this box checked and rebuilt by the gearbox man, done around 50 miles and yesterday, all of a sudden would not go into gear, the h pattern feels a bit all over the place, there were no nasty noises or anything. Does anyone have an ideas, as this box is in my kit car so it's an engine out job!!! Could there be a chance that it could be something's comeloose in the top of where the gear stick goes into the box? I can access this area by removing the tunnel on the car.

Last edited by Ashley templeman; 11-06-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:21 PM
t230
PassionFord Regular

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

gearlinkages? sound stupid but make sure selector is ok and also gator on gear stick s=-sorry if im miles off but this what solved my exact same symptoms...unless call gearbox man? as im thinking send my other gearbox to'im aswell
Old 12-06-2017, 12:35 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashley templeman
I've literally just had this box checked and rebuilt by the gearbox man, done around 50 miles and yesterday, all of a sudden would not go into gear, the h pattern feels a bit all over the place, there were no nasty noises or anything. Does anyone have an ideas, as this box is in my kit car so it's an engine out job!!! Could there be a chance that it could be something's comeloose in the top of where the gear stick goes into the box? I can access this area by removing the tunnel on the car.
The fact you're saying the stick is wobbling about with no real connection further, then yes that would imply the problem lies in that area.

Whether it can be resolved or not purely by removing the stick is another matter as it depends what has broken. But clearly it would be a sensible place to start
Old 12-06-2017, 06:31 AM
lee2cossies
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Theres a nylon cup that the gear selector ball sits in, these sometimes break, making it hard to find gears, the selector is easy enough to remove, provided you have room to remove the 4 bolts in your kit car, be worth checking this first before stripping the box.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Ashley templeman

Originally Posted by t230
gearlinkages? sound stupid but make sure selector is ok and also gator on gear stick s=-sorry if im miles off but this what solved my exact same symptoms...unless call gearbox man? as im thinking send my other gearbox to'im aswell

How did you check your actual selector? I'm thinking and hope if it could be this, all looks ok but it does possibly feel a bit odd.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Ashley templeman

I have had the selector out, should these be quite free moving?