General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Autodata users

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 07:46 AM
john_p_b
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Autodata users

Morning all

i'm looking at investing in a autodata subscription at work, my job has evolved recently from being a pretty run of the mill service tech to taking on a lot more diagnosis, repair and electrical work.

The question i have at the moment is how up to date is Autodata? yesterday i had a brand new BMW 520 in for a crash camera to be installed but ended up having to turn it away as i had absolutely no info about where to pick up a switched feed to power the camera from and i'm not a believer in just probing into any old wire causing an upset somewhere!

would autodata be the answer to my problems or are there any other resources out there that would help? i've no issue in paying for the info as long as it's going to do the job i need it to do!
Old 08-06-2017, 03:22 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Hi mate, I've used autodata for over 20 years now, started on books and been using the computer based since early 2000s and then the online one since it came out. Can only say it's an awesome system! Used some of the others out there over time and can say for me personally autodata was the best so far. In my new job now as a roadside patrol I have autodata on my computer onboard the van and use it everyday. Are you employed by someone or self employed? Would be pretty expensive if your not the business owner
The following users liked this post:
john_p_b (09-06-2017)
Old 09-06-2017, 02:55 PM
john_p_b

Originally Posted by gcfcos
Hi mate, I've used autodata for over 20 years now, started on books and been using the computer based since early 2000s and then the online one since it came out. Can only say it's an awesome system! Used some of the others out there over time and can say for me personally autodata was the best so far. In my new job now as a roadside patrol I have autodata on my computer onboard the van and use it everyday. Are you employed by someone or self employed? Would be pretty expensive if your not the business owner

i'm employed mate, it'd be paid for through the company, we have a turnover of 70 million a year so 800 quid a year for autodata isn't the end of the world as far as i can see.

is autodata up to date within reason? i mean, i don't expect to have all the info for a model released on Monday by Tuesday but within a few months would be quite nice!
Old 10-06-2017, 12:37 PM
EricMc
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't you just contact Autodata and just ask them? I hear they update very regularly now, I have used them at past garages I have worked for and their technical support is good.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:12 AM
john_p_b

Originally Posted by EricMc
Why don't you just contact Autodata and just ask them? I hear they update very regularly now, I have used them at past garages I have worked for and their technical support is good.

because as i find with 95% of suppliers they'll tell you exactly what you want to hear to get your money and then wriggle around when it's not what it's meant to be so asking real world users is a far better option.