General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Turbo oil feed pipe NIGHTMARE (had to abandon car 17 miles away) !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 12:15 AM
zetaboostboy522bhp
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLife91
thanks.

how much and how many litres ?

I get 4,5 litre for £10 at home & bargain.

cheers
That's cooking oil you daft cunt lol

Cheers Paul
Old 06-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Dubs44
Regular Contributor

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Of course I listen, I wouldn't be on a forum otherwise !

it was leakig from bolt last time, now from jubilee clips, seeping underneath
you were told on your first thread to replace the whole pipe!

you ignored the advice and its failed, as you were told it would, if you're going to continually post shit on the forum at least listen to the advice people are giving you

Last edited by Dubs44; 06-03-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:55 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Old 06-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Cos500
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mattman1234
whats a smart box
My mrs has one of those, seems to know when I'm home and won't let me in
Old 06-03-2017, 03:13 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Turbo oil feed pipe NIGHTMARE (had to abandon car 17 miles away) !!-photo901.jpg

Modelling car parts and feet
Old 06-03-2017, 03:25 PM
Cos500

Fastlife, get the car recovered to a garage that can fix your turbo oil feed pipe properly, get the oil changed before you run it as more than likely contains bits of your engine, it's more than likely damaged your engine but you'll find that out soon enough.
If it took you 10 days to do up a bolt you shouldn't be working on your own car, professionals have the gear and experience to sort things like that in 5 mins.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:28 PM
155lee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 134 Likes on 117 Posts

Maybe were being a bit harsh,the guys only looking for help.

Fast life,did you try tightening the leaking jubilee clips?

Did they turn at all and if so by how much?

After you tightened them did they leak or not and if not is it possible there was no oil pumping through as it had poured out onto the road?

What size of head is on the jubilee clips,7mm hex or slotted for a flat screwdriver?

How could you tell which of the jubilees was leaking and what order did you tighten them in?

How much coolant was in the header tank and what temperature was it at?also how long ago did you top it up?

Last thing,did your flip flops have oil resistant soles?
The following users liked this post:
Adam-M (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 04:04 PM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by 155lee

After you tightened them did they leak or not and if not is it possible there was no oil pumping through as it had poured out onto the road?

What size of head is on the jubilee clips,7mm hex or slotted for a flat screwdriver?

How could you tell which of the jubilees was leaking and what order did you tighten them in?

How much coolant was in the header tank and what temperature was it at?also how long ago did you top it up?

Hah hah quality. At first I thought shit no way this guys being serious and then like a good book it got better and better lol
155lee (06-03-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 08:49 PM
FastLife91
BANNED
BANNED

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by zetaboostboy522bhp
That's cooking oil you daft cunt lol

Cheers Paul
on the label reads 10 w 40 semi synthetic motor oil , does that sound like cookikng oil to you, do you cook food in motor oil ?? you daft cunt
Originally Posted by Cos500
Fastlife, get the car recovered to a garage that can fix your turbo oil feed pipe properly, get the oil changed before you run it as more than likely contains bits of your engine, it's more than likely damaged your engine but you'll find that out soon enough.
If it took you 10 days to do up a bolt you shouldn't be working on your own car, professionals have the gear and experience to sort things like that in 5 mins.
I went up there today (got bus) spent hours but got ti home no problem ! had to buy more clips at B&Q as ones I had kept spinning and not getting tighter.
drove it home, drives absolutely fine, no strange noises, no burning smell, nothing wrong at all ! In under 2 years the oil light has come on about 5 timers mainly different problems regarding this pipe, but every single time I have noticed right away and switched the engine off immediately like a second or 2 later and has been perfectly fine !! I'm lucky that I have noticed right away but not so that the light came on. same with water pipes, had about 10 times in almost 2 years leak/burst and caught all before disaster.

why change oil ? was low and I kept topping up with new oil while trying to fix it so all old oil will be out the system.

why should I not work on my own car ? Over the past 6 months my car has required basically a full suspension rebuild and brakes, glow plugs, radiator, e.t.c. and I have done all those repairs myself, no problems with any of the repairs I've carried out, no unusual noises, passed it's MOT e.t.c.

I have no training or qualifications in this industry of car mechanics, but I have self taught and learnt a lot and a lot of what is involved is common sense, I will certainly not quit doing repairs on my car, I'd rather not have to repair anything on it but if needs be I am more than willing to fix the car myself and capable of doing so.

btw, here is a short video of the bolt in question and why it took so long to do it.
Originally Posted by 155lee

yes, I went up there today on the bus, spent hours but finally did it, the clips were the type that require flat screwdriver, while tightening they were turning and before many of them even got tight they stripped the thread and just kept spinning, ended up going into B & Q and buying more, they cost a lot but were much better, drove car home 10 - 15 miles or so, drove absolutely fine, no unusual noises, no unusual smells of burning or anything, I will get the pipe replaced.

Originally Posted by gcfcos
Hah hah quality. At first I thought shit no way this guys being serious and then like a good book it got better and better lol
Old 06-03-2017, 08:55 PM
RobbieBambino
Part of the Furniture

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

1 thing is for sure after all the oil leaks its had in the last 2 yrs as you say the underside will never rot! Next time just take the clocks out and remove the bulb for the oil pressure light and keep driving ��job done no more scary light and more oil to top the underseal up
Old 06-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts

yes, I went up there today on the bus, spent hours but

Unemployed I take it?
Old 06-03-2017, 09:07 PM
3i Jim

Received 118 Likes on 93 Posts

I doubt he's employable.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:22 PM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 398 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by 3i Jim
I doubt he's employable.
With his vast knowledge and self taught mechanical skills there would be loads of garages wanting to employ him!!!!!
Old 06-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Adam-M
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts

Now a skilled pipe fitter I believe
Old 06-03-2017, 10:11 PM
zetaboostboy522bhp

Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts

[QUOTE=FastLife91;6725185]on the label reads 10 w 40 semi synthetic motor oil , does that sound like cookikng oil to you, do you cook food in motor oil ?? you daft cunt

Cookikng oil lol and iam the daft cunt, at least I can use a spanner without asking for help on a forum.

Cheers paul
Old 06-03-2017, 11:06 PM
FastLife91
BANNED
BANNED

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=zetaboostboy522bhp;6725207]
on the label reads 10 w 40 semi synthetic motor oil , does that sound like cookikng oil to you, do you cook food in motor oil ?? you daft cunt

Cookikng oil lol and iam the daft cunt, at least I can use a spanner without asking for help on a forum.

Cheers paul
get lost
Old 07-03-2017, 07:14 AM
slammedorion
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 236 Likes on 210 Posts

The council will fine you for all these oil leaks when they catch up with you
It doesn't clean itself up...

Name:  42B133DF-5E2E-4EC0-AF9A-5DD681713312_zpswbi1vfyj.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  75.6 KB
Old 07-03-2017, 08:49 AM
Rowe
Skint

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

fucking brilliant, once again! jahahahaaahha
slammedorion (07-03-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 05:13 PM
Cos500

I went up there today (got bus) spent hours but got ti home no problem ! had to buy more clips at B&Q as ones I had kept spinning and not getting tighter.
drove it home, drives absolutely fine, no strange noises, no burning smell, nothing wrong at all ! In under 2 years the oil light has come on about 5 timers mainly different problems regarding this pipe, but every single time I have noticed right away and switched the engine off immediately like a second or 2 later and has been perfectly fine !! I'm lucky that I have noticed right away but not so that the light came on. same with water pipes, had about 10 times in almost 2 years leak/burst and caught all before disaster.

why change oil ? was low and I kept topping up with new oil while trying to fix it so all old oil will be out the system.

why should I not work on my own car ? Over the past 6 months my car has required basically a full suspension rebuild and brakes, glow plugs, radiator, e.t.c. and I have done all those repairs myself, no problems with any of the repairs I've carried out, no unusual noises, passed it's MOT e.t.c.

I have no training or qualifications in this industry of car mechanics, but I have self taught and learnt a lot and a lot of what is involved is common sense, I will certainly not quit doing repairs on my car, I'd rather not have to repair anything on it but if needs be I am more than willing to fix the car myself and capable of doing so.

btw, here is a short video of the bolt in question and why it took so long to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bA6VsKCH4c

yes, I went up there today on the bus, spent hours but finally did it, the clips were the type that require flat screwdriver, while tightening they were turning and before many of them even got tight they stripped the thread and just kept spinning, ended up going into B & Q and buying more, they cost a lot but were much better, drove car home 10 - 15 miles or so, drove absolutely fine, no unusual noises, no unusual smells of burning or anything, I will get the pipe replaced.

Because of the lack of oil, it's the qualities of the oil that will have degraded as it will have got hot also like I said most likely bits of filings in the sump.
The oil light comes on usually when the damage has been done.
By all means keep fixing/bodging the repairs yourself but it sounds like you'd have saved yourself money having a professional look at it and repair it correctly.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:22 AM
visa_broke

Received 329 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Cos500
Because of the lack of oil, it's the qualities of the oil that will have degraded as it will have got hot also like I said most likely bits of filings in the sump.
The oil light comes on usually when the damage has been done.
By all means keep fixing/bodging the repairs yourself but it sounds like you'd have saved yourself money having a professional look at it and repair it correctly.
With all the times this has happened and all the metal filings leaked out of this engine I bet warrington and the surrounding area currently looks like someone ram raided a glitter factory.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:15 AM
Wessa
Regular Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have no training or qualifications in this industry of car mechanics, but I have self taught and learnt a lot and a lot of what is involved is common sense

Man... There are not many times in my life that im speachless but.....

I believe we should give Fucklife91 an instant Gold membership.. Save him 10 quid.. by god, it sounds like he needs it for spare parts..
Rowe (08-03-2017)