General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anybody lease cars?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 08:48 PM
GARETH T
Professional Waffler

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.abc-leasing.com/

try these guys,,,, ask for steve or adam,, they'll sort you out
Old 08-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Take the Toyota mate. If you lease a car in your own name the repayments are plus VAT and seeing as you won't be VAT registered you can't claim it back. Equally, with PCP's or leases there are return conditions with regards to mileage and wear and tear. In both cases there is a balloon payment due and the return conditions can slaughter that if the car isn't within the terms. If it's a PCP the balloon is down to you to find and if a lease this can be adjusted dependant upon the return conditions.

Check the return condition etc on the Toyota as well - believe m,e it won't be a case of cane the arse off it and hand it back, I can assure you...........
Old 08-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lease the Roadster in my Siggy from work, but I only got it cos they did a special promotion with free insurance in the package.

Ordinarily I (or any of my friends and family) can lease any Smart, Merc, or Chrysler through my Company all for a pretty small monthly amount (eg: C Class Coupe = £170 per month, Smart ForFour 1.1i = £85 per month...... SLK230 = £240 per month) which all sound like great figures but when you have to insure them on top its not so great.

Im guessing your Company lease scheme operates pretty much in the same way that ours does, all the cars will be on gauranteed buy-back agreements, you have a limit on the number of months and the number of miles. They will pay the Tax but you have to pay for Servicing, tyres, damage etc.....

Most people I work with lease a Merc on the scheme and they all say its great as an 'interim' car, but if you're looking long term ie a couple of years its just dead money down the pan.

Considering you have to pay insurance on top of your rental I would say it would work out quite pricey leasing thru Toyota, when compared to buying a run around reasonably cheap and insuring TPFT.

Its always an option worth looking into tho, see what it'll cost you to insure and work out your true monthly cost over the number of months you lease over.

Be very aware of your Return Conditions too............... now this im an expert on as its what I do for a living
All buy-back agreements have Return Conditions, these usually state a minimum tyre depth, limited depth of dents and number in total, no abrasions to paint work that have penetrated thru to metal, w/screen free from abrasions, interior in a valeted condition and everything in working order, again no burns, rips or scratches blah blah blah...... Read the small print very carefully, you could think you got a bargain deal until you go to hand it back and you get hit for £1000s rectification work, even if you thought it was returned in a reasonable condition. Also excess mileage, check what the PPM rate is if you go over the limited amount of miles as again if the rate is set high you could end up with a big bill at the end.

Rahhhh, I sound like im at work now so im gonna shut up lol
Old 08-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Im very surprised you wouldnt have to pay for tyres, but they could have a fleet contract which will explain the inflated rental price.

If you're sure its as good a deal as you say then coolio, I would be a little wary of signing up to a 2 year agreement, our scheme is 9 months at a time. Ask where you stand should the car need to go back in for warranty / break down work, do they provide a replacement car and if so for how many days.

On the other hand, the used car market has dropped considerably in the last year, you could find yourself with a W / Y plate car with low miles on it that'll only cost you £2k, all depends what you are looking for really.

Trending Topics

Old 08-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Clare
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No probs Matt, it does sound like a reasonable deal, good luck with whichever route you choose

ps: not sure what sort of car would suit your needs but my best mate recently bought a Saxo VTR, she was looking at X reg and newer, I couldnt believe how much the price has dropped on a car like that, they were all around the £2.5k mark!