General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

My thoughts of the week

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 07:35 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My thoughts of the week

I was going to see my mom, heading down a A road(private road) having a play with a Toyota GT4 and hitting the 130+ mph, comming up to traffic I know I was getting griding noise at hard braking so I started braking early. I hear a realy high pitched squealing noise when putting a little braking force I come off the brakes,noise goes, foot goes back on noise comes back then I hear somthing come of the car. I sounds like bits comming of the brakes. I shit my self and slow down to 50 mph GT4 goes by.

Anyway go to my tuner, I say somthing has fooked it on the drivers side brakes. The wheel comes off cannot see anything wrong pads are fine, both warn the same amount, but somthing wrong with disk the top edge(the rusty bit) has lost chunks on its self. The tuner look at me and says your wheel bearing are shot. I said what the fook, the disk comes off and the hub is turned it feels fine. Not the smoothest I have ever known, but fine.

They lossen the drive shaft, fook me there is more play than Mike R's ring piece. Totaly fooked, after waking up after the paramedics have sorted me out after finding out its £50 for a new bearing kit all is well.

Gents please check your bearings
Old 08-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lucky there dude
Old 08-04-2005, 08:01 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers spiky I realy filled my pants, doing well over a ton and bits comming off my brakes
Old 08-04-2005, 08:23 PM
JohnnyB
PassionFord Post Whore!!

just to add to the week, just after I had my car sorted. I was leaving my house there is a T junction just down the road. I have been known to give the car a little shit comming out the junction, normaly it just goes a little sideways. but not known to me the rear wheels where sittng in a lot of water. I give it a bit for shit, not heavy abuse but a good going over. The next minute I am in a full power slide. I was coming on and off the throttle realy enjoying it. The next minute I see to people of middle age realy staring at me giving me the evil look. I loose focus and come off the throttle and tank slap the fooker up the road.

wankers