General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mercedes main dealer faulty car

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 06:38 PM
chink
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mercedes main dealer faulty car

Evening guys just looking for abit of advice really
Bought the other has a Mercedes b200 amg line in sept 15 so it was brand new 65 plate with 11 miles in the clock. The issue I have is its been in 3 times to the dealer and even had Mercedes service van to our house.
It's now in the dealer again and has been just short of a month now with a gearbox issue it puts more lights on dashboard than starship enterprise saying do not change gear which is hard as its auto. It's also very noisy rattle and jerks changing gears or going into drive the car has done just over 5000 miles now
Mercedes have said its a lan issue and it's been to Mercedes uk and Germany and done downloads etc send across to them as its not storing a fault code.

I'm getting to point of been annoyed now as for over a week we've had no contact from Mercedes we have to do all the ringing etc

Now with this been the 3 time it's done it I'm wondering where I stand within my rights can I ask for a refund or a new car or the money I paid towards another car the car is paid for in full no finance was a cash sale

I sell used vehicles and my company would and we have in the past due to problem vans swapped the customer for a like for like or better vehicle less miles or abit newer free of charge

But I'm unsure with new vehicles trading act etc if that's possible am I within my rights
Old 03-06-2016, 08:36 PM
tony66
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Default law

not sure when it changed[oct 15 iirc] but you have more rights if purchased after then...if you dont ask you wont get tbh
normally have to go high up the chain for a big claim/refund
i would start the ball rolling now and not let them drag it out
not fit for purpose-simples
Old 03-06-2016, 08:51 PM
chink

Originally Posted by tony66
not sure when it changed[oct 15 iirc] but you have more rights if purchased after then...if you dont ask you wont get tbh
I've spoken to them today and a manager is contacting me Monday but there on about depreciation wear and tear etc so I've said its not my fault you can't fix your product
Old 03-06-2016, 08:57 PM
tony66
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Default wear/tear

its probably pretty fair you pay for the milage you have done in the car at milage rate appropriate to the age-BUT less a contribution for the inconvenience taking into account the money you would have earned in intrest[not a lot in these times tbh] -sadly thats only my take on it though and sometimes big companies can be shocking in their customer care-take your money and run..i just checked and the law changed on oct 1st 2015 rejection in 6 months etc but they are entitled to take into account use etc
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...0GtuTEpYM9JXYQ

Last edited by tony66; 03-06-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:05 PM
chink

Originally Posted by tony66
I've spoken to them today and a manager is contacting me Monday but there on about depreciation wear and tear etc so I've said its not my fault you can't fix your product