General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

LetsTorqueBHP.com How quick is yours: Update

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 02:05 PM
NISR227
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LetsTorqueBHP.com How quick is yours: Update

I know some of may well of heard of this site before, I'm now mentioning it on loads of forums...

You may of used the detailed performance calculator and checked the theory stats out on my site before, but its now changed as of THIS WEEKEND GONE.......

Please check out my new and now updated site about THEORY PERFORMANCE AND STATISTICS.

After the previous development site, we have now updated to a more professional look with many new features:
- new enhanced performance calculator with improved formulas for 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4mile etc
- updated theory stats for 1000's of cars, now with sort options (click on the headings)
- articles on the Evo MR340, and Bugatti Veyron theory figures
- detailed 2005 event calendar (UK)
- many recommended links including UK club forums, other stat sites, circuit/track day sites, and other useful links

If you are interested then add it to your favourites and check for regular future updates, we have loads more planned, site address is...

www.letstorquebhp.com
How Quick is yours?

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT?

I welcome any feedback, please e-mail us (details on site) or put your comments on here, I would like to know if its been worth it!
We are also looking for sponsors if anyone is interested, its just a fun site.

Also if there's any Performance Fords you would like to see put on the stats lists that we've left out then use the feedback e-mail on the site and we'll add them on the next release.

THANKS

STEVE
Owner of www.LetstorqueBHP.com
How Quick is yours?
Old 07-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My honest opinion:
Its load of old toss, id sooner just use a 12 year old copy of cartest instead, works far better.

still fair play to you for giving it a go.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:23 PM
NISR227
Virgin

the main point of the site, quote ".........proposed, modified and yet to be tested figures too. It lets you, the user, try out modifications to see how fast it could be....."

.....cartest doesn't do that. Its a fun site.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Anonymous
Banned

site gave these figures:

0-60 3.3 Ive recorded 4.08
0-100 6.57 7.15
60-100 3.26 3.07
qtr 11.3@131 11.5@137

Can you tell me how a rwd car can get that much grip off the line & I will be in the 10's. Your calcs with Slicks.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:55 PM
NISR227
Virgin

MADrod - the calc is not setup for slicks, but for road legal tyres, although there are some special drag tyres that are legal these days such as Nitos etc and they can act closer to slicks which will help (I know some of the foreign Supra guys have used these to get the power down), but then you've probably already experimented with various tyres on such a high powered rwd cossie?

Re the traction issue, I know what your saying but its been setup to allow for the most extreme which has to include the new real world record based figures, this is now the UltimaGTR 641bhp (990kg) which recently achieved an official 2.7secs 0-60, and 0-100 in 5.5secs (calc figures are not too far off at 2.87 and 5.79) even though it RWD with road legal tyres, so it is possible are certain cars with the right setups, conditions, weight distribution etc.

The 0-60 is there becuase people asked for it. The 1/4 mile times are far more interesting, although the terminals are setup for average aerodynamics. There's a few issues in the explained section.

Just my penny's worth. Hope you enjoy the site,

cheers
Old 08-04-2005, 10:43 AM
NISR227
Virgin

Hello, I have acheived 4.2secs 0-60 in a "slow" 290bhp Pulsar, and 1/4 in 12.76 at 108, so surely a 4wd scort cossie with 466bhp should be at least second quicker if "driven it like you are trying to brake it" i.e. whats capable in the calculations? I fully understand that 95% if not more of owners will acheive slower times.

The launch (0-60) obviously effects all other figures, but adding a second on the 0-100 and 1/4mile drag time the calc suggests to allow for some TLC and what you got? 4.2secs and 12.4sec. Also 116mph terminal with 466bhp looks a bit low compared to other cars of similar bhp?

Evos with similar bhp per ton have achieved mid 3sec 0-60 so its down to how much abuse the owner wants to give, just becuase a car is theoritical capable of it doesn't mean the owner will ever do it, with somesort of TLC in mind and different tyres they can be half to second out, especially the amount of money some of you put into your cars you want it to last.

If we set it up to show slower times with care then the odd person will then say they have done quicker. Just my pennys worth.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Anonymous
Banned

You really need to differentiate between FR and MR layouts if the calc is going to be even vaguely worth a wank mate.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:27 AM
NISR227
Virgin

..just the same that I need to add torque, gearing, areodynamics, temps, tyres radius etc as well as FR and MR for what is just a fun site using limited data, so what your saying you might get off on this if I change it.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Anonymous
Banned

air temp isnt going to have as much difference as where the engine is though, lets face it if you want it to be even vaguely useful on a cossie you cant have it based on the weight distriubtion of an ultima.

I cant quite understand the "fun" in typing some data into a websit and getting innacurate information about your car, but i guess im amused by different things to some people.

Personally i would find it more fun if it at least got vaguly near the correct answer.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:05 PM
NISR227
Virgin

chip3dr - OK, so it looks like it won't work on your car (although you can still fiddle the calc for correct data and then add some) so don't use it then as you said. The fact the site has had over 100k hits a day (no bull) and thats well over 50 forums all round the world have mostly commented positively means that most people think they are not too far out and like the idea of the site, and your car is one of the rare exceptions.

We will perhaps look at weight distrubution, and torque in the future, as I'm looking at all feedback and taken things on board, but clearly your very frustrated so i'll send you some old rag mags of mine in the mean time when your waiting for the development, hopefully it won't be that long or you'll be well blind.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Im not frustrated at all, if i want to see how something is likely to impact any of my cars i set them up in cartest and use that.

you ASKED for feedback, so im giving you it, if you dont want peoples opinions and are going to get upset if they dont match your own then dont ask for them in the first place you touchy twat
Old 08-04-2005, 12:31 PM
NISR227
Virgin

I take on all feedback,including all negative comments, and make changes as a result, which as said I will do, but its the way you said it,but then looking at your sig thats you, and I never used any abusive language at you either. And i would hardly say the 1/4mile times are as far out as the way your putting it using the words "vaguly near", and thats down to the traction issue of many factors including weight dist as you said. I will make changes.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:31 PM
biggerthanyrs
Virgin

Ive been reading the posts on this forum and I have to say I like this site, but after reading the last couple of posts on this thread I have to ask myself:
What is your problem Chip ? superfluous cock on yr shoulder? you do realise that the figures on calculator sites do actually assume that the drivers have even a relative level of skill, with what you seem to be getting out of your car, it might be worth trying the basics, just to get yourself to a reasonable level. First, loose the aggression, it could be a sign of your latent homosexuality, instead of wanking over performance figures try expressing your newly embraced sexuality with the comfort of other men. Secondly, hand eye co-ordination: your clear lack of motor neurone ability may well explain your complete incompetence, I am sure you are one of those people who always find their shoes wet after visiting the urinal:- partly due to your incredibly small manhood and partly due to having comparrible spatial awareness too the blind 3 legged dogsof gypsies. On a final note try actually getting a life, or perhaps a decent car? and stop hating your dad for disaproving of you (you are well deserving of his disapointment).
twat
Old 08-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 400
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1000
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 406.42
0 - 60 (Secs) : 3.48 done 4.7
0 - 100 (Secs) : 7.88 done 8.9
60 - 100 (Secs) : 4.41 done 4.2
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 11.68 done 13.00 PMSL
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 121.70
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 11.58
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 123.11 done 124
Old 08-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by biggerthanyrs
Ive been reading the posts on this forum and I have to say I like this site, but after reading the last couple of posts on this thread I have to ask myself:
What is your problem Chip ? superfluous cock on yr shoulder? you do realise that the figures on calculator sites do actually assume that the drivers have even a relative level of skill, with what you seem to be getting out of your car, it might be worth trying the basics, just to get yourself to a reasonable level. First, loose the aggression, it could be a sign of your latent homosexuality, instead of wanking over performance figures try expressing your newly embraced sexuality with the comfort of other men. Secondly, hand eye co-ordination: your clear lack of motor neurone ability may well explain your complete incompetence, I am sure you are one of those people who always find their shoes wet after visiting the urinal:- partly due to your incredibly small manhood and partly due to having comparrible spatial awareness too the blind 3 legged dogsof gypsies. On a final note try actually getting a life, or perhaps a decent car? and stop hating your dad for disaproving of you (you are well deserving of his disapointment).
twat

The slight problem with your cut and paste internet "banter" is that utterly none of that is relevant to me whatsoever.

I have several nice cars, and certainly have no problems getting the best out of them, how many people do you know who can run a low 13 in a FWD car? There are a few, but not a huge number.

I have utterly no feeling of homosexuality, repressed or other wise, i happen to be very well endowed (try ugly, balding or overweight instead next time, im all of those), and i have a fairly fullfilling life in my opinion too, and lastly i have a healthy and happy relationship with my family.

If you are going to register a fake name to insult me from then at least bother to say something relevant to me otherwise you just look like a complete twat like you did then, and you knew you were doing hence you registered a new account just to post it.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:31 PM
biggerthanyrs
Virgin

CUT AND PASTE INTERNET BANTER
I'M FLATTERED, REALLY I AM, IDENTITY CRISIS MAY BE ONE OF MY PROBLEMS BUT HOWEVER I HAVE NOT YET MASTERED THE COMMANDING OF TIME-SPACE QUANTUM MECHANICS (CHECK THE TIME OF MY POST AND NISR'S).
FOR ONE WHO SOUNDS SO MUCH LIKE YODA (FAT BALD AND UGLY) YOU SHARE SO LITTLE COMMONALITIES WITH HIM; INTERLECTUAL CAPACITY, CAT LIGHT REFLEXES AND OF COURSE A ''HOLSTER FOR HIS LIGHT SABER''. I LIKE TO THINK OF MYSELF AS SOME KIND OF ANGEL OF KARMA, DISHING OUT VERBAL JUSTICE TO MAX POWER PUNKS WHO MOUTH OFF TO UNDESERVING INTERNET NERDS INCAPABLE OF STANDING UP FOR THEMSELVES (SORRY NISR).
Old 08-04-2005, 01:34 PM
NISR227
Virgin

Chip - I don't know who biggerthanyrs is, certainly not me, but i've posted my site on 50+ forums, most like it. But he/she is causing probelms,check the IP address, its not me.

biggerthanyrs - I don't appreciate your comments.

Moderators - please delete/block this thread, all I am doing is makeing people aware of my site
Old 08-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Anonymous
Banned

CUT AND PASTE INTERNET BANTER
I'M FLATTERED, REALLY I AM, IDENTITY CRISIS MAY BE ONE OF MY PROBLEMS BUT HOWEVER I HAVE NOT YET MASTERED THE COMMANDING OF TIME-SPACE QUANTUM MECHANICS (CHECK THE TIME OF MY POST AND NISR'S).
FOR ONE WHO SOUNDS SO MUCH LIKE YODA (FAT BALD AND UGLY) YOU SHARE SO LITTLE COMMONALITIES WITH HIM; INTERLECTUAL CAPACITY, CAT LIGHT REFLEXES AND OF COURSE A ''HOLSTER FOR HIS LIGHT SABER''. I LIKE TO THINK OF MYSELF AS SOME KIND OF ANGEL OF KARMA, DISHING OUT VERBAL JUSTICE TO MAX POWER PUNKS WHO MOUTH OFF TO UNDESERVING INTERNET NERDS INCAPABLE OF STANDING UP FOR THEMSELVES (SORRY NISR).
I didnt for one minute think that you were NISR, the last thing he is likely to want in his threads is all that sort of primary school playground rubbish.

Sadly your life is pathetic enough that you are so desperate to matter that you go about "DISHING OUT VERBAL JUSTICE TO MAX POWER PUNKS" from behind a newly registered account on a forum cause you havent the balls to do it in any way that could be actually linked back to you in real life.

Its almost as if you think that anyone reading it anyway ever thinks anything other than "you tosser" or takes the slightest bit of notice of you.

Do come back when you have less time.

And dont forget to get your mum to show you where the caps lock key is once ive finished with her.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Originally Posted by NISR227
Chip - I don't know who biggerthanyrs is, certainly not me, but i've posted my site on 50+ forums, most like it. But he/she is causing probelms,check the IP address, its not me.

biggerthanyrs - I don't appreciate your comments.

Moderators - please delete/block this thread, all I am doing is makeing people aware of my site
I didnt for one minute think that it was you acting like a knob posting all that rubbish mate, no worries
Old 08-04-2005, 01:58 PM
biggerthanyrs
Virgin

touche
The old ''im-shagging-your-mum'' gambit, definitely not ''primary school'' at all. Are you in IT?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Anonymous
Banned

touche
The old ''im-shagging-your-mum'' gambit, definitely not ''primary school'' at all. Are you in IT?
Just realised im falling for the old trap here.

"Never argue with an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience"

Im going to refrain from replying to you in this thread again out of respect for the thread starter.

If your life is uninteresting enough that the only thing you can find to do with your time is join forums at random to abuse someone who couldnt give a toss what you think though feel free to PM me instead and i will happily exchange abuse with you all day long on days when i have enough time free at work, but i have a funny feeling that seeing as your sole aim is attention seeking you will have utterly no interest in discussing this behind closed doors as it wouldnt satisfy your desire to "perform in public" even though you are missing the point that everyone thinks you are a tosser who doesnt have anything in common with the forum anyway or any interest in its subject matter (ford cars)

Please dont lower yourself to replying again in this thread where you have been asked not to, you can reply by PM if you have anymore to say.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Alg1k
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine works out like this
If only in a real world
0 - 60 (Secs) : 2.97
0 - 100 (Secs) : 5.25
60 - 100 (Secs) : 2.28
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 10.58
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 144.72
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 10.48