General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

2006 Transit 2.0 Duratorq Di - Starting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 24-02-2016, 05:49 PM
The_hump
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Transit 2.0 Duratorq Di - Starting Problem

Hi to all, I run a small garage in the West Midlands and I'm having a very annoying issue with what started a straight forward engine transplant on a MK6 Transit 2.0 Duratorq Di FWD. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I haven't contributed anything to this forum and totally understand if I get people's back up with my first post being a cry for help! Please accept my apologies in advance.

The original engine had taken water in through the inlet, scrapped it.

The first engine we fitted had an issue with a damaged oil cooler/filter housing which in turn damaged the aluminium were it bolted to, tiny fracture, massive oil leak. Should have paid more attention to problem but missed real damage. Live and learn... Once we finally bled fuel and got it running you only had to leave it for as little as 2-3 minutes and it behaved as though the fuel had ran back but did eventually start after a good 20-30 seconds of cranking.

The second engine we fitted sounds great and has no oil leaks but has the same inherent starting problem the first one did.

I coded both first and second engine pump with up to date snap on verus. No problem either time.

To cover myself I have replaced pump module on top of pump for the one fitted to original engine. Recoded as previous. No problem.

To rule out filter/housing/pipe work I have used cut down return and main pipes from donor and run from can of diesel, the fault is still identical.

I have a constantly flashing glow plug light but no faults what I would relate to the fault I have when I run the scanner. The glow plug supply is off according to data but these engines have never been this dependent on glow plugs, it's seems to me to be a definate fuel supply problem.

I'm at my wits end, to have the same issue with two engines seems very unlikely. It has to be something external to the engine.

If anyone can shed some light or advise me on some other tests I can do I would be eternally grateful.

Thankyou in advance and hope to god I've posted in right place!