General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

why is it so hard to buy a car these days?

Search this Thread

Old 25-07-2014, 06:59 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default why is it so hard to buy a car these days?

They are either on the other side of the world or eBay are full of chancers and when you ring the fuckers on auto trader they don't call you back

Is out just me
Old 25-07-2014, 07:07 PM
S2 Cabby
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you just can't find what your looking for at the right price and when you do it's gone
Old 25-07-2014, 10:34 PM
JoeyBoyden
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
They are either on the other side of the world or eBay are full of chancers and when you ring the fuckers on auto trader they don't call you back

Is out just me
Yeah it can be as far as I'm concerned aswell. I've been to a couple of dealerships recently helping my mate get a decent car as he has no idea. It's hilarious listening to what some of the salesmen have to say when there is a fault with a car. My friend has been looking at a few Fiat Punto's for some reason.....and this one I checked was getting real hot, real quick after about 10 minutes of normal driving. The bloke said it's because they had it running when they were cleaning the car and that every car does it in this weather! What a load of Bull!! I told him to steer clear of them. eBay is a similar story, I mean if you're looking for something specific then it's a bit difficult to get exactly what you're looking for. eBay offer cover though I think for those who are the victim of opportunists. I tried to buy a steering wheel the other day there, but the guy said I was messing him about when I asked for pictures as there were none. If I'd have bought it and it would have been a fake or something, I would have had no leg to stand on as there were no pictures or detailed description of it some of these people have no conscience.
Old 26-07-2014, 06:04 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I find it mad that when you have the money to go buy the car you want there arnt any local. As soon as you buy one they all start to pop up just around the corner from where you live lol.
Old 26-07-2014, 12:48 PM
dojj

that's why i've been looking local glenn

i've got money burning a hole in my pocket for the past few weeks and now i'm gone from looking at mk6's to mk6.5 to now mk7's
Old 26-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn_
I find it mad that when you have the money to go buy the car you want there arnt any local. As soon as you buy one they all start to pop up just around the corner from where you live lol.
But surely isn't that the whole point though Glenn, why would you want a well known local car as it will always be that persons. A lad we know bought a 3 door years ago and it's still referred to as the previous owners car

But a lot of liars out there stop folk traveling
Old 26-07-2014, 05:15 PM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 117 Likes on 110 Posts

Then on the other hand if you're trying to SELL a car, you have all the dicks offering you half what you're asking etc.

Not forgetting the scammers and theives too.

Mate advertised his non-runner Series 1 turbo couple years ago, had some dudes down looking at it, they didn't buy it but warned him of a lot of S1s going missing.

Few nights later, his GFs Golf had the handbrake cables cut, moved out the way and the S1 was taken out of the garage.

Gone.

Trending Topics

Old 27-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Originally Posted by Sinbad
But surely isn't that the whole point though Glenn, why would you want a well known local car as it will always be that persons. A lad we know bought a 3 door years ago and it's still referred to as the previous owners car

But a lot of liars out there stop folk traveling
When I mean local I mean in a 50 mile radius.
Old 27-07-2014, 08:21 AM
220tel
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

always the same i am looking for a decent 59/10 plate transit connect in a trend spec
seems to be loads in cheshire or crew but not in essex or if they are there sill money
i have look at immaculate vans local that are dogs and at a van dealers so not fancying a 300 mile round trip to look at a mint van thats not that good

Last edited by 220tel; 27-07-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 27-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Yeh the amount of times ive phoned up about cars and asked what the condition is like and to be told that the cars are mint.You get there and there rough as fook.
Old 27-07-2014, 09:18 AM
220tel
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats what is stopping me travelling too far for one
Old 27-07-2014, 09:46 AM
uruk hai
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn_
Yeh the amount of times ive phoned up about cars and asked what the condition is like and to be told that the cars are mint.You get there and there rough as fook.
That really pisses me off, I drove all the way from Bristol to the other side of Heathrow and when I asked the bloke if the car had any signs of accident damage repairs he said it didn't ! When I got there I realised the car had been hit more times than Frank Bruno and each repair came with a different shade of blue ! When the bloke asked if I was interested I just told him straight, he was either a complete idiot or a flat out liar. He just stood there and shrugged when I pointed out the piss poor colour match and shocking panel gaps !
Old 27-07-2014, 10:54 AM
dojj

i don't want to spend more money traveling to see a shitter than i'd spend on a decent local motor if i'm honest

the budget has been slowly creeping up in around £500 increments though so eventually i'll be buying a new car