General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Buyer Beware - www.modyourtransit.com

Search this Thread

Old 18-06-2014, 08:27 AM
3FRD
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Buyer Beware - www.modyourtransit.com

I had been emailing back and forth with this company about their products and I ordered a lowering kit, sport sideskirts and some black headlights from www.modyourtransit.com

A few weeks had passed and I hadn’t received any items so I sent an email and received a reply from Paul Hayes saying he had been messed about with the side skirts so would send these out at a later date and would send the rest of the stuff out. I left it for about another week and no items had arrived. I then emailed again with no reply for a few days so opened a dispute on PayPal for the items. I received a reply saying he would refund the side skirts which he did and send them for free when they arrived and the other parts were despatched. So another week passed and the parts finally arrived.

I was thinking that it had been a bit of a pain as it had been well over 4 weeks but they were finally here and he had refunded me for the side skirts which he would sent at a later date so I could live with that. I’d imagine now I will never see these.

I dropped my van off at the garage to have the lowering kit fitted. The modified rear beam I received had the brackets welded on in completely the wrong position and squint resulting in the wheel sticking out 30/40mm out and one side and 10mm out at the other side. So 4 hours hours labour to have the front and rear lowered and the rear was completely wrong.

I went straight on to the website and got the phone number, Paul answered the phone and I told him about the problem and who I was, he said he didn’t remember me which I thought was strange as I’d been emailing him back and forth and opened a dispute on PayPal. He did not seem surprised in the slightest that the beam did not fit properly and did not offer an apology. The only response I got was I’ll send you another one. I was totally p*ssed off at this point so told him I would be re opening the dispute on PayPal and wanted a full refund. His reply was ok send it back and I’ll send you a refund. So another few hours to return the van back to standard to get the kit off to send back.

I now have exactly the same van, at exactly the same height and a £300 garage bill for labour. The guys attitude on the phone was basically that he didn’t care and he did not seem surprised in the slightest that I has a problem. He said very little.

I understand things go wrong but after having to open a PayPal dispute for not receiving any parts, not getting any reply’s to emails and to finish it off the parts arriving being completely useless I thought others should be warned about this company and the guy who runs it Paul Hayes. I have re opened the dispute and will hopefully get what I paid for the kit back and have to take the hit for a labour and postage costs. Pathetic service.

Stephen
Old 18-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Cossy Mike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

I know of 2 transit connects with there flip axles on and bits from modyourtransit and they've been ok?

Maybe just a bad experience
Old 18-06-2014, 07:16 PM
3FRD

If it was only axle that was wrong I could put it down to a one off but the whole situation around it isn't good. I wouldn't usually post but it has been a nightmare from start to finish and the guy has not been good to deal with at all.
Old 19-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Bill at 19
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy is a complete cock. I live local to him (Bishop's Stortford) and have been messed about many times when thing don't fit.
Got to the point of him not answer calls or emails so I tried his home address only to be told he is never there.
Only when I saw him driving in the car park at the local Tesco did I manage to speak to him by blocking in his van, he then phoned the Police when I asked him where my £600 was.

He is a totally tool and you should never buy anything from him.
Old 19-06-2014, 10:10 AM
strada84
Regular Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They have a long history of this kind of thing. They're cowboy con merchants, avoid like the plague! Lots of them about these days unfortunately.
Old 19-06-2014, 11:27 AM
rumble bee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtop...?f=54&t=138427

Few on here complaining
Old 19-06-2014, 05:50 PM
3FRD

It would seem this is normal behaviour for him then.