General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

no reports from central day then?

Search this Thread

Old 27-04-2014, 09:40 PM
3doorcozmess
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 27-04-2014, 10:10 PM
Cilly-jey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by botters
it was a small turnout but i enjoyed it tbh classic ford next for me that gets bigger every year and i cant see it disapointing this year even with the restrictions in place
What are the restrictions?
Glad I had to work and saved on fuel. That's 2years I've not gone now. Looks like it going the same way as national day.

People have to remember! There is less rs cars left, people have less disposable income to spend on days out and there cars. Also values are going up and the people who own them have, grown up from when they was younger and don't want to risk them up the strip or can't aford to fix them when they brake.
Will be going national day, classic ford, for the first time ever and going back to good wood as that is by far the best show I have ever been to
Old 27-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Wheres all the pics people.
Old 27-04-2014, 11:39 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 150 Likes on 146 Posts

Guessing the weather didn't help, but hope it's not the way shows are going to go in future!? :-(
Old 28-04-2014, 12:11 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Glad to hear that a few people had a decent day but fuck me there's a lot of moaners on here. Yes it would have been nice to have had a larger turnout but the weather forecast put a lot of people of plus it sounds like quite a few people just couldn't be bothered to go.
Old 28-04-2014, 12:59 AM
wildheart
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I personally haven't bee past couple of years as I now find it boring, Its a shame really as it used to be one of the better shows.
Old 28-04-2014, 06:04 AM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Roscopeco
Bugger knew I'd forgot to mention it to someone I was going

I had a nice lie-in so alls good with me
Old 28-04-2014, 06:09 AM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by botters
classic ford next for me that gets bigger every year and i cant see it disapointing this year even with the restrictions in place
The new restrictions on clubs regarding age of cars allowed on stands has effected passionfords bookings in a massive way, we are down 65% because of it and no doubt other clubs will have the same issue as I will not personally attend now due to not having a pre 1990 car as no way in hell will I park in that unsafe public car park at the pod for any show

Originally Posted by BIL N KEL
We had 29 tickets and passes sold but I reckon only half turned up. I'd been checking the weather all week and every daily update it got worse so I think that May of put a lot of people off.
shame that Bil but I do thank you for all your help in sorting this event for passionford

Last edited by STeve; 28-04-2014 at 06:19 AM.
Old 28-04-2014, 06:39 AM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I think the weather played a massive part.
Old 28-04-2014, 06:44 AM
Versus_Creations
Ask me a question!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Just remember that if you don't go and support these shows that in the end they will stop.

One day we may own cars with no where to take them.
Old 28-04-2014, 07:02 AM
3doorcozmess

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I've uploaded about 16 runs but your need to search under my name Simon stanton

Old 28-04-2014, 07:13 AM
Billy_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

I got there at 9:15. No queue. Public car park was about 30-40 cars deep max. Met up with a couple guys to buy and sell parts. Walked round all the stands. Looked at the 'trade' stands. Watched 15mins of drag strip. Left at 11:45.

Poor show.
Old 28-04-2014, 08:05 AM
T4onYB
FRS chap

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Versus_Creations
Just remember that if you don't go and support these shows that in the end they will stop.

One day we may own cars with no where to take them.

The thing is these RS themed shows used to be the place to go but times have moved on and the rsoc are no longer the big fish which shows clearly in their events declining numbers and piss poor lack of attractions, as now all the years of their snobbish attitude towards non rs cars is biting them hard on the ass now and they deserve all they get as its called karma, wont be long before STOC run shows kick off as their membership levels are higher than any other ford club so love them or hate them you cant ignore them
Old 28-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Dubs44
Regular Contributor

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

i had a great time at central day. caught up with a load of mates, took my car up the strip, enjoyed watching the strip action when i wasn't running and went to the fun fair as well lol!
Old 28-04-2014, 09:06 AM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bit guted i never got my car done in time to go
Old 28-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by T4onYB
The thing is these RS themed shows used to be the place to go but times have moved on and the rsoc are no longer the big fish which shows clearly in their events declining numbers and piss poor lack of attractions, as now all the years of their snobbish attitude towards non rs cars is biting them hard on the ass now and they deserve all they get as its called karma, wont be long before STOC run shows kick off as their membership levels are higher than any other ford club so love them or hate them you cant ignore them
Your right times have changed, love the snobish attitude to non rs cars its an RS club mate if you own something else you join a different club. If there were decent cars at these events i would still attend but the whole RS thing has died slowly but surely over the past 6 years or so.
Im sure a STOC show would be a great attraction ` loads of mundane Fords all the same colour lined up in batches of a 1000 yes it sounds like a winner .
Old 28-04-2014, 10:15 AM
STeve

the stoc is now a very big club of that there is no doubt but to be honest Rod they are not doing anything different to what you see at rs shows today = lines of same model cars in rows and frs being the prime culprit be it mk1 or mk2 even at central show yesterday a line of blue mk1 frs does nothing but make folk yawn as visually its lame
Old 28-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Nick.W
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a good day tbh. Expected a few more cars there but I guess the weather forecast put a big majority off.

I like to support days like it, would be a shame if they stopped all together.
Old 28-04-2014, 11:18 AM
davidfox280585

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

i had a great day,met up with some good lads,looked at some very very nice cars, watched some drag racing,took the series 1 down the strip,poor semi aborted run due to pinking but nevermind,theres classic ford, yes it was quiet and ye sthe stands were poor, if it wasnt for janos stall i wouldnt have got home as i picked a joiner pipe up to replace my chaffed hose,

i will go next year again even if its only for catch up with the lads,
plus when you compare it to even spectating at york raceway its a cheap day, york want 15 quid even to spectate and its tiny and most of the time your watching pony 1.2s going down the strip,

beats mowing the lawn anyday
Old 28-04-2014, 11:23 AM
STeve

Originally Posted by davidfox280585
yes it was quiet and ye sthe stands were poor, if it wasnt for janos stall i wouldnt have got home
says a lot for the show itself then lol
Old 28-04-2014, 11:47 AM
davidfox280585

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 1-PD
says a lot for the show itself then lol
the people around you make a good show,if you want to go cling film your wheels for a trophy then fair play its not the best show for you, myself and a few others had a great day and beats sitting at home pulling our todgers
too much moaning goes off, the day is what you make it,if you look at the negative sides thats how your day will pan out,
seeing the harris pintos storm the strp,
wenny in the mk3,
general rs cars,
the old stuff beating modern stuff,
the atmosphere was good off the guys who looked at the positive
Old 28-04-2014, 12:01 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

I've not been for the last 2 years now and I doubt I will go again. It's a long way for a show that seems to be getting smaller and smaller. I agree the rs shows have had their day now and stoc and the like doesn't interest me to be honest. I'll stick to ford fair and goodwood and save money by not bothering with the rest from now on.
Old 28-04-2014, 12:12 PM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I didn't go this year as am fed up of looking at the same cars. Ford fair did it for me last year when really it should be called focus fair with all the st's and mk2 focus Rs. If I wanted to look at them I'd take a drive to focus direct and not have to pay to get in there

So this year I'm going to do more local shows and your 'general' classic car show which I find much more enjoyable as there is a good mixed amount of cars and something for everyone not just focus after focus after focus.

Last edited by jaiscossie; 28-04-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 28-04-2014, 12:35 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfox280585
the people around you make a good show,if you want to go cling film your wheels for a trophy then fair play its not the best show for you, myself and a few others had a great day and beats sitting at home pulling our todgers
too much moaning goes off, the day is what you make it,if you look at the negative sides thats how your day will pan out,
seeing the harris pintos storm the strp,
wenny in the mk3,
general rs cars,
the old stuff beating modern stuff,
the atmosphere was good off the guys who looked at the positive
Agree totally mate. People are moaning about the lack cars but if you don't support these meetings then what do you expect.
Stop whining and start supporting.
Old 28-04-2014, 01:56 PM
STeve

Originally Posted by jaiscossie
I didn't go this year as am fed up of looking at the same cars. Ford fair did it for me last year when really it should be called focus fair with all the st's and mk2 focus Rs. If I wanted to look at them I'd take a drive to focus direct and not have to pay to get in there

So this year I'm going to do more local shows and your 'general' classic car show which I find much more enjoyable as there is a good mixed amount of cars and something for everyone not just focus after focus after focus.
ford fair is a must in any ford clubs calendar as its normally the only event everyone is up for and some people you only see once a year at it, but I am with you 100% on the lack lustre boring as hell focus displays, great cars but parked in a row look , local shows is normally a better day out as uxbridge autoshow is near me and its huge and has 1000s of diverse cars like battlesbridge and the like
Old 28-04-2014, 02:15 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it's a HUGE ask to get people to go to shows that are now perceived as "shit, boring, row upon row of foci etc"

ford fair stands head and shoulders above everyone else because it's the one place that everyone makes an effort to attend, whereas years and years ago there were plenty of shows that i went too around the country, even donnington twice a year with it's muddy fields

my bottom line now in going to shows is cost vs value for money

if i'm going to spend an entire day somewhere i want to make sure that it's going to be worth the effort to get there, the price of the admission, the cost of the fuel and generally have enough for me to do throughout the day

i don't want to go to a show now where i've got to stand about in the cold and rain or not meet the people i only see on the net
Old 28-04-2014, 02:21 PM
jaiscossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1-PD
ford fair is a must in any ford clubs calendar as its normally the only event everyone is up for and some people you only see once a year at it, but I am with you 100% on the lack lustre boring as hell focus displays, great cars but parked in a row look , local shows is normally a better day out as uxbridge autoshow is near me and its huge and has 1000s of diverse cars like battlesbridge and the like
Thanks for the heads up about the Uxbridge autoshow will make sure i do this one this year
Old 28-04-2014, 02:35 PM
QplateRST!
1/4 mile beasty!!!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Load of rubbish they didn't even prep the track on Saturday and Sunday wasn't upto much roll on classic I won't bother with central day again lol