General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone know what this is off of?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 08:07 PM
boy-racer-1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pictures make it look alot worse then it is, its covered with sand and dried out rusty coloured coolant, its not as bad as it looks, ive come across alot worse, theres 1 small area thatll need a weld and skim but might possibly seal as it is, if i go ahead with it then itll be welded none the less, the head looks as though it sat on a non runner for 20 years and then was taken off and left in a garage for another 20 years
Old 11-01-2014, 09:07 PM
steveboyslim
PassionFord Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by boy-racer-1
theres a few on american forums that say itll fit a crossflow block but that could be usual car crap talk, i took the risk in buying it and paying to have it shipped over to find out, i got it cheap enough so will find out in the next few weeks whats what, itll certainly work out alot cheaper to import these cylinder heads then to buy bda items over here if it works, its an EAA cylinder head if anyone wants the technical term, and there are a few differences to the bda from what i can see so far, will give it a clean up tomorrow and first on the list of things to buy is a BDA head gasket to see what holes do/dont line up
The Cosworth Chevy Vega head will not fit a x-flow, it can be made to fit a Ford Pinto block which needs extensive modifications, deck plate to move head bolt/studs, linering and then depending which crank used, main caps machined, lots more modifications.
Needs pulleys, cam carrier with cam cover, cams, solid lifters etc.
When used with Ford block the engine was know as a 'Rally Master' usually 2.0 litre or 2.3 litre, revved to 11,000+ 320 bhp, very heavy (Chevy version had a weak alloy block) used in rallycross.
If you want to sell it I may know someone who may be interested.

Steve