General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Saph Alarm / Immobiliser - Help Needed !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:51 PM
denniswynott
Regular Contributor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Saph Alarm / Immobiliser - Help Needed !!

Hi All,

For the first time ever, my insurance company have asked me to prove that my Saph has an alarm and immobiliser fitted - It has a Ford one fitted (which is stated on the original bill of sale) and also a Scimitar jack-plug type fitted as well - they have asked for proof of this too, which is where my problem lies...... I cannot find ANYTHING online at all about these immobilisers, which I thought was really odd - not even Google throws anything up ! Any ideas on where I can find some info ? I have the serial numbers of it recorded but no actual certificate or anything, which I have a feeling my insurance company are going to insist on seeing !

I'm a bit stuck really !!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:42 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Not a lot you can do with regards to getting a cert, if you knew someone who installs alarms you could slip them a back hander to blag you a cert

Also if the alarm you have is one of those vecta jobbies with the black pronged flat key thingy bin it and fit something decent

Luciano
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 PM
denniswynott
Regular Contributor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
Not a lot you can do with regards to getting a cert, if you knew someone who installs alarms you could slip them a back hander to blag you a cert

Also if the alarm you have is one of those vecta jobbies with the black pronged flat key thingy bin it and fit something decent

Luciano
Sounds like that may be my only option !
The Scimitar thing is like a large headphone jack that you plug in for a few seconds till the light goes out, then the car will start. I just can't find anything about the company anywhere - obviously they've changed names or packed up, but I thought there'd be some trace somewhere !
Old 08-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Paynee
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to an approved installer and see if they can check and make you out a letter of similar on headed paper or stamped with a company stamp? probably best to check with the insurance first to make sure they will accept it as will cost you I would imagine.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Just get another alarm installed if the worst comes to the worst.

Last edited by Glenn_; 08-12-2013 at 10:37 AM.