General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Further abs light

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 12:08 PM
savvy
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Further abs light

Hello, further to my post ref ABS light I have swopped sensors on both my own Focus 1600 zetec 2004 and daughters focus 2004 1600 at the front for 2 new sensors all be it pattern ones. There was no joy the light goes out after 20 or so yds the re-lights after 200 yds. both new sensors did this. If I put my sensor on daughters car then all is good but then my car is showing the light, I ordered one from Eurocarparts but they wont take it back if it doesn't work.
Does anyone here know if there was a different system used on 2005 built cars on 54 plate reg? £50 -70 is a lot to shell out if it won't work!
I tried measuring resistance off the car and get about 13? ohms but on 20M ohms setting on multimeter.
Any ideas please.
Barrie
Old 11-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Ideally it needs a diagnostic tester plugged into it to see if there is any codes. The abs ring in the bearing on the front could be faulty/damaged.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:10 PM
savvy
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn_
Ideally it needs a diagnostic tester plugged into it to see if there is any codes. The abs ring in the bearing on the front could be faulty/damaged.
Hi Glenn, Thanks but nothing wrong with anything else except sensor,As I mentioned I swapped my sensor into D-I-Laws car when her ABS light came on which extinguished the light. Got new sensor and tried that,no good. tried it on mine,no good. Got replacement and did it all again with no result.
Checked with my sensor again all good, tried both new ones on mine,no good.
Now wondering if anything different with sensors between 2004/05?
Sensors work for 200yds or so then light comes on again.
Strange!
Barrie