General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

RSOC

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 10:21 AM
STeve
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Official PassionFord BANNED Trader
Super Moderator

Received 869 Likes on 697 Posts

totally agree Paul that non members of your club should not get same perks as that of fully paid members, its a case of how you structure it that appeared to be given no serious thought with hindsight being the committees only option, the rsoc BB is a millstone around the clubs neck, the old paper format worked with shows and mags the only way of communication, too many specific forums for RS mks are now out there and very busy and PF although nowhere near as busy as it used to be still has massive volumes of traffic each day
Old 03-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1-PD
totally agree Paul that non members of your club should not get same perks as that of fully paid members, its a case of how you structure it that appeared to be given no serious thought with hindsight being the committees only option, the rsoc BB is a millstone around the clubs neck, the old paper format worked with shows and mags the only way of communication, too many specific forums for RS mks are now out there and very busy and PF although nowhere near as busy as it used to be still has massive volumes of traffic each day

To be honest tho mate PF and any other websites are NO threat to the RSOC , because pure RSOC people will use other wesites but there loyalty will always be to the club , The RSOC is much more than a website , Infact i couldnt care less if the website was turned of , the club will still be exactly the same to me and i would still pay my membership

The fact it has a website is a bonus , but not very important to me at all

I didnt join all those years ago for a website and dont care about it now , i get far more from the club that a bloody website , as you say there are thousands of other websites , THERE IS ONLY ONE RSOC ,
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 AM
STeve
Super Moderator

thats it when I first signed up for the rsoc back in the 90s I never even had a pc like most and attending shows to see other owners or waiting for the mag to drop on my mat was always a pleasure, all clubs & businesses have faults its simply a case of how professional they are dealt with so everyone can move forward, in this case it was not handled right hence the current fall out, websites are no threat as you say but rival clubs must hurt in some way

Last edited by STeve; 03-11-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by 1-PD
thats it when I first signed up for the rsoc back in the 90s I never even had a pc like most and attending shows to see other owners or waiting for the mag to drop on my mat was always a pleasure, all clubs & businesses have faults its simply a case of how professional they are dealt with so everyone can move forward, in this case it was not handled right hence the current fall out, websites are no threat as you say but rival clubs must hurt in some way
Rival clubs may take away " none passionate " people

but the rsoc will always be here , yes it may get smaller , but it will only have the most passionate members left , and IMO that is not a bad thing

All car clubs boom then decline into smaller but more hard core membership

The RSOC may just be in the begining of that change
Old 03-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Smit
The 60ft Launch King

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinbad
Finally common sense has prevailed

All the threads have been removed and Kev Cannon (the chairman for those that don't know) has posted a statement/apology so hopefully we can move on from this.

Just a shame you have to pay £35 to see it.....
Old 03-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by North Yorks RS Spares
To be honest tho mate PF and any other websites are NO threat to the RSOC , because pure RSOC people will use other wesites but there loyalty will always be to the club , The RSOC is much more than a website , Infact i couldnt care less if the website was turned of , the club will still be exactly the same to me and i would still pay my membership

I didnt join all those years ago for a website and dont care about it now , i get far more from the club that a bloody website , as you say there are thousands of other websites , THERE IS ONLY ONE RSOC ,
thats the way i see it and to be honest a forum just encourages cunts to the club
Old 03-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Stand up that man & take a bow. That is spot on Paul only one official club for RS owners the RSOC. Loads of free loaders will come & go barking there hatred of everything that costs money but the proper hardcore members will remain. SPOT ON PAUL.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:03 PM
STeve
Super Moderator

Rival clubs may take away " none passionate " people

but the rsoc will always be here , yes it may get smaller , but it will only have the most passionate members left , and IMO that is not a bad thing

All car clubs boom then decline into smaller but more hard core membership

The RSOC may just be in the begining of that change
fair comment paul and I hope for the ford scenes future thats how it pans out as the club has brought many good aspects to the scene which needs to continue for sure, we know you have the RS brand at heart and the only difference from me is I have the wider Ford brand in mine.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
Stand up that man & take a bow. That is spot on Paul only one official club for RS owners the RSOC. Loads of free loaders will come & go barking there hatred of everything that costs money but the proper hardcore members will remain. SPOT ON PAUL.
I wouldnt mind Rod , but its £35 to join

the freeloaders are happy to come to the shows / use the website , and yet still spout crap about the club ,, but its funny how they cant keep away from what the club has to offer

Just a shame they dont see how stupid and tight arsed they look
Old 03-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

the freeloaders are happy to come to the shows / use the website , and yet still spout crap about the club ,, but its funny how they cant keep away from what the club has to offer

Paul thats very cheap really. My Health Club costs me £122 a month & they dont give a bugger if my car has a RS Badge .
Old 03-11-2013, 02:36 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

How are these people "free loaders" if they are PAYING to go to shows? Seems a total contradiction to me? Which helps the local groups survive, makes the shows worthwhile.

My time in a local group was all about our local show and getting as many of these "free loaders" as they are now called to attend and PAY to get in to help the group survive and make the show we were putting on even viable.

I know a few RSOC members who pay the fee every year but never go to any shows.

I also know a few people who are not members, but go to at least 5 shows a year.

To me the non members here are doing more for the club and are not free loaders just because they do not have a membership. I think some people are so narrow minded its unbelievable.

The club puts on shows for the public to attend, no public, no shows. As it would never be viable. So you need to be very careful how you treat these people or they might not bother, they will just move on, and the RSOC and the local groups will be the ones who loose out.

If it's a case the RSOC don't want any "free loading" is the next step going to be members only shows? Oh no wait, that can't happen because the clubs NEED the money right?

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 03-11-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I can use it just fine
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Sonic Boom
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by James @ M Developments.
How are these people "free loaders" if they are PAYING to go to shows? Seems a total contradiction to me? Which helps the local groups survive, makes the shows worthwhile.

My time in a local group was all about our local show and getting as many of these "free loaders" as they are now called to attend and PAY to get in to help the group survive and make the show we were putting on even viable.

I also know a few people who are not members, but go to at least 5 shows a year.

To me the non members here are doing more for the club and are not free loaders just because they do not have a membership. I think some people are so narrow minded its unbelievable.

The club puts on shows for the public to attend, no public, no shows. As it would never be viable. So you need to be very careful how you treat these people or they might not bother, they will just move on, and the RSOC and the local groups will be the ones who loose out.

If it's a case the RSOC don't want any "free loading" is the next step going to be members only shows? Oh no wait, that can't happen because the clubs NEED the money right?
Totally agree James, seems to me the RSOC want to turn it into some kind of masonic lodge of dodgy hand shakes!
Rich
Old 03-11-2013, 03:08 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Yes that thought did cross my mind too, I wonder when the secret hand shake will start
Old 03-11-2013, 03:09 PM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
Totally agree James, seems to me the RSOC want to turn it into some kind of masonic lodge of dodgy hand shakes! Rich
I think a lot would agree with you there mate.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

They were free loaders on the website same as many cheap scates on here the club has stopped that & I agree with that. If you dont wish to attend any public show they put on thats your choice & not a fault with the clubs policy. The club will always have a core of members that will support them same as any other car club. All clubs need money its why they charge to be in the club. The public shows will wane cos interest is not as it was & maybe one day the club will stop because its no longer viable. Thats Life im afraid nothing stays the same.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:36 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Over 60% of the revenue at our local show was from non members aka "free loaders"?
So that is how it is?

I agree the club will have a few members that agree with what they do, namely the people making the choices...
But surely it's not in the clubs best interest to shrink to a small group of decision makers because everyone else has become pissed off and left? They may as well just shut up shop if that's the case.

clubs are about people and sharing interests. Take people out of that and what do you have left?

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 03-11-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:38 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

When you say free loaders Do you mean when the club use the membership fees to buy cheaper tickets and the club pays for national day and then sells them to the members at the cut prices including local groups then none members want to the same treatment for not being a member ?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Over 60% of the revenue at our local show was from non members aka "free loaders"?
So that is how it is?
Well its not been like that for a good while now
Old 03-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
They were free loaders on the website same as many cheap scates on here the club has stopped that & I agree with that. If you dont wish to attend any public show they put on thats your choice & not a fault with the clubs policy. The club will always have a core of members that will support them same as any other car club. All clubs need money its why they charge to be in the club. The public shows will wane cos interest is not as it was & maybe one day the club will stop because its no longer viable. Thats Life im afraid nothing stays the same.
That's the way many see it including me
Old 03-11-2013, 03:45 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Originally Posted by Jay,
Well its not been like that for a good while now
And I wonder why with the attitude of the club

You may as well have someone at the gate calling them all scum if they aren't members

If people are trading on the website without being a trader, ban them, that's what that function exists for isn't it?

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 03-11-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:53 PM
CHRISP
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Does anyone actually think that anyone with half a brain would put somthing through that they thought would upset more than not and that they would do it and cause so much grief for themselfs

hi paul, hope your well. i'm not going to go and on (honestly lol) over it cos it should all be buried and gone asap, but i posted on one of those threads that this was the the thing that caused me the most concern, the fact that it did go through the channels and was going to be implemented, its a worry cos it appears that the majority of the committee have lost touch with the membership, it seems that you and possibly a few others knew it wouldn't work in the guise it was but were out voted on it.

you should very much be part of the committee as i said on your thread over there, you are a man of the people the same way graham was, same as dave easton was and a few others.
after the ND feedback thread on there there was alot 'lets bring on the changes' but at the time i did post that its all ok to be talking about change but it still needed to be allowed to happen.

hopefully it will or whats gong on this last week will no doubt happen again.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Whats being a trader got to do with it james are people sly trading on there ?
Old 03-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

And I wonder why with the attitude of the club

You may as well have someone at the gate calling them all scum if they aren't members

If people are trading on the website without being a trader, ban them, that's what that function exists for isn't it?

Again James you are one that constantly has an opinion and you tell everyone how YOU thik it should be run

The club has been going for over 25 years without freeloaders trying to get everything for free

Now you all think it will fall apart without you

GET REAL IT WONT

You all rant about that you none members attending shows helps as its revenue

I have no issue with you attending at all , infact i thank you for attending , its just you arnt happy to attend as a visiting car club , SOME OF YOU feel the need to sneek onto local group stands etc , these people are the freeloaders

If your ahppy to attend as a visiting car club / group then fine , but most none members want full access to the website and pride of place at shows , and all IM saying is that isnt right

I wouldnt expect special treatment at an ST even as im not a member , and because im not a member i wont constantly tell the ST club my opinions on how they do things , its there club to run how THEY see fit , and until i pay a membership i dont expect any of my opinions to be heard
Old 03-11-2013, 04:01 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Lol I think it will fall apart without me? Why or how?

I can see it from both sides and certainly am not scared to say what I think, never have been but I've certainly had nothing to do with the club since I sold my RS, and I've never been a part of how it's run, never wanted to be.
I have just purchased a new RS though.....

I agree with most of what you said tbh, and don't think many would disagree, even the "free loaders" out there would think not having the same privileges as the members is unfair. Why should they? But cutting them out is wrong that was my point, wrong for everyone.

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 03-11-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:11 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

do "free loading" people really expect to get all the perks without being a paid up member?
there must be special kinds of idiots at these car shows as thats clearly not how the world works generally.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:14 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

I don't understand it either

But I've never seen a non member complain they can't post in the members area

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 03-11-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Maxwell
Irregular Poster

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
Totally agree James, seems to me the RSOC want to turn it into some kind of masonic lodge of dodgy hand shakes!
Rich

Nail.on.head
Old 03-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

I don't understand it either

But I've never seen a non member complain they can't post in the members area
They shouldnt be able to post anywhere other than the GD section

For sale / tech pages should be a perk to members

and before you go on about potential members , we had more members before the net so proving that the net isnt the reason people join

James , if you joined a golf club and played Golf there regular would you insist on a website ,, I doubt it

THE RSOC IS A CAR CLUB , NOT A WEBSITE

If it realy bothers people so much they cant use there website then either join / pay the BB fees or stop bloody moaning and use one of the other thousands of car websites

All this " i was going to join BUT " Bullshit , If you want to join you will , if you dont you wont , but if you wont , then dont , but dont bloody moan about how the club is run

Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

I will join if I think its something I want to be apart of.

When the club started the world was full of RS's.

Get with the times, the world revolves around social networking these days, most golf clubs will have websites, Facebook pages etc etc. so yes I would expect it,
hell I even follow the hotels I'm going to visit on holiday before I go to see what they are like.
The internet is out there and the world uses it.

The sapphirerscosworth.com page on Facebook is a cool place to chat.

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 03-11-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:32 PM
chris cdti
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not a member of the rsoc and I don't expect discounts for show tickets,I don't expect to have my car on local group or registrar stands at shows etc. I've been quite happy to pay full price on the gate at national day for the past few years and this year I paid extra to park inside. I've even spent a fortune at the rsoc shop. So does this now class me as a "free loader"!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

I will join if I think its something I want to be apart of.

When the club started the world was full of RS's.

Get with the times, the world resolves around social networking these days, most golf clubs will have websites, Facebook pages etc etc. so yes I would expect it,
hell I even follow the hotels I'm going to visit on holiday before I go to see what they are like.
The internet is out there and the world uses it.
James

WTF has getting with the times got to do with being a freeloader FFS

,,,,,,,,ITS A CAR CLUB ,,,,,,, AND CAN BE AS BACKWARDS AS I LIKE AND STILL ENJOY THE SCENE

FFS James , get a grip man , Being an RSOC member has nothing what so ever to do with being up with the times

Just pay the fees OR STOP MOANING FFS

I moan about PF , but at least i pay for the privalge to moan about it
Old 03-11-2013, 04:34 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

i think youll find the majority couldnt give a toss about the car club so just carry on going about your daily business and dont get so bothered about what the "free loaders" think or say.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:35 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Originally Posted by chris cdti
I'm not a member of the rsoc and I don't expect discounts for show tickets,I don't expect to have my car on local group or registrar stands at shows etc. I've been quite happy to pay full price on the gate at national day for the past few years and this year I paid extra to park inside. I've even spent a fortune at the rsoc shop. So does this now class me as a "free loader"!
Thats a very good question
Old 03-11-2013, 04:38 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

James

WTF has getting with the times got to do with being a freeloader FFS

,,,,,,,,ITS A CAR CLUB ,,,,,,, AND CAN BE AS BACKWARDS AS I LIKE AND STILL ENJOY THE SCENE

FFS James , get a grip man , Being an RSOC member has nothing what so ever to do with being up with the times

Just pay the fees OR STOP MOANING FFS

I moan about PF , but at least i pay for the privalge to moan about it
Because calling people "free loaders" will keep them away from the club, it's not inviting.
When all they wanted to do was talk, like 99% of the world do these days.

It's good to talk and not a crime. And it brings in new members.

The website and forum should be a busy asset to the club, not a place nobody wants to be.
But don't tell me, in 1920 the forum was fine as it is right?

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 03-11-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Maxwell
Irregular Poster

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Paul (nyrs) lets be totally honest here, if you where not the rs500 registrar or a cossie breaker, and instead a fiesta rs turbo registrar and rs turbo breaker ....you wouldnt be sticking up for the RSOC as much!!

You are currently in charge of any dealings regarding the most iconic and most valuable RS in the history of Ford RS and you have a reputation to withhold!!

I think alot of people are complaining more about principles regarding the RSOC membership fee. Basically paying £35 a year to be in an elitist club where 99% of folk will turn their nose up at average joe and run down what is his/her treasure etc!! So basically paying a fee to be the shite on the shoe of the RS society!!

Absolutely anything i have read, regarding the club or peoples dealings with the club, its been 9/10 negative!! Thats not an image than alot of people would want to be part of. So why pay to be a part of it??
Old 03-11-2013, 04:50 PM
luke19790_3

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxwell
Paul (nyrs) lets be totally honest here, if you where not the rs500 registrar or a cossie breaker, and instead a fiesta rs turbo registrar and rs turbo breaker ....you wouldnt be sticking up for the RSOC as much!!

You are currently in charge of any dealings regarding the most iconic and most valuable RS in the history of Ford RS and you have a reputation to withhold!!

I think alot of people are complaining more about principles regarding the RSOC membership fee. Basically paying £35 a year to be in an elitist club where 99% of folk will turn their nose up at average joe and run down what is his/her treasure etc!! So basically paying a fee to be the shite on the shoe of the RS society!!

Absolutely anything i have read, regarding the club or peoples dealings with the club, its been 9/10 negative!! Thats not an image than alot of people would want to be part of. So why pay to be a part of it??
+1

But I am a freeloader who pays to go to the rs shows
Old 03-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Sinbad
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by chris cdti
NO that classes you as an honest genuine human being fair play to you mate
Old 03-11-2013, 04:52 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

as a total outsider it doesnt come across as one of the most welcoming of car clubs and like maxwell all ive ever heard about it is bad publicity .
youd think as the marque slowly fades away theyed be doing all they could to encourage new members ?
Old 03-11-2013, 04:54 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by luke19790_3
+1

But I am a freeloader who pays to go to the rs shows
at least you now now how welcome you are.

Quick Reply: RSOC