General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Sold this today at work ..........

Search this Thread

Old 19-10-2013, 08:11 AM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Rsturbowayne
Sent out 500000 hose clips to Saudi today, 300000 to japan next week,
Individually boxed?
Old 19-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Rsturbowayne
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by focusv8
Individually boxed?
10 in a box, 100 in a pack. All hand packed yes
Old 19-10-2013, 12:09 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by denniswynott
Not good to hear that matey We normally pick up on that sort of thing as soon as the car is processed through our system - unless it was a HPi issue or something - or if the car arrived one day and got sold the next, it may have just been a time thing if you know what I mean ! Hope you got it sored though !

Am in work tomorrow - have 1000 cars to get through for Lex Autolease (well actually, 750 cars, 230 vans, 6 motorhomes, 15 taxi's, 15 motorbikes, a mobile library and a ride-on lawn mower !!)
not the 1st time its happened though pal, just this week my mrs got tugged by a police range rover in the liverpool tunnell as her car she bought as a repo again from manheim alerted as stolen when a 5 series estate pulled up as back up and everyone was slowing down she thought she was up shit creek.

the top and bottom of it is manheim get repos direct from off peoples drives with no noticea car is getting repo'd as people would hide them,so then the owner calls the bizzys thinking the cars been robbed and it all stays on the system until someone like me buys it and gets untold aggro,the best bit was she got stopped again the next day in the same place,she was told the last owner reported the car stolen so unfortunately manheim are shit at sorting out stuff like this,and don't get me started on finance cars still showing on finance and i have a customer thinking again i'm selling cars that are dodgy due to manheim not hpi checking cars from places like lloyds or gmac etc

Last edited by cozzfather; 19-10-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 19-10-2013, 12:32 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cozzfather
not the 1st time its happened though pal, just this week my mrs got tugged by a police range rover in the liverpool tunnell as her car she bought as a repo again from manheim alerted as stolen when a 5 series estate pulled up as back up and everyone was slowing down she thought she was up shit creek.

the top and bottom of it is manheim get repos direct from off peoples drives with no noticea car is getting repo'd as people would hide them,so then the owner calls the bizzys thinking the cars been robbed and it all stays on the system until someone like me buys it and gets untold aggro,the best bit was she got stopped again the next day in the same place,she was told the last owner reported the car stolen so unfortunately manheim are shit at sorting out stuff like this,and don't get me started on finance cars still showing on finance and i have a customer thinking again i'm selling cars that are dodgy due to manheim not hpi checking cars from places like lloyds or gmac etc
Why don't the repo company just stick a card through the owners door if it's taken from a driveway telling them what's happened to their car so that the owner knows it's been repossessed and doesn't report it stolen?
Old 19-10-2013, 01:34 PM
TOOTALL
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really do not understand the fuss. Rich person fucks up and does not care about loss. Drugs? Very likely. I used to drink in an undesirable area where a Mercielago and a Gallardo were parked outside a house. Council houses.
Old 19-10-2013, 01:58 PM
madsi
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

same as our estate,micks got a new m5 and a bloody 911 turbo on his council house drive
Old 19-10-2013, 05:05 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Why don't the repo company just stick a card through the owners door if it's taken from a driveway telling them what's happened to their car so that the owner knows it's been repossessed and doesn't report it stolen?
i have bought vans from manheim that earlier in the week have been sat waiting to go through a sale with no keys and its a non runner,then when i'm at the sale there it is driving through like a new'un and i have bought it and when collecting it later find its got a brand new key with no signs of wear whatsoever so i think they can get dragged off and dealt with later.

also i have had other stuff with new keys and i think the repo company have a key and nip round and just take it,there seems no love lost with banks and lenders getting stuff back if you miss a payment.

the best one was a few months ago my mate who buys cars from manheim old trafford with me buys a few year old hyundai and in the boot when he got it back to his pitch was a plastic bag with a few gold rings and a couple of fine watches,one of them was valued at 5 grand the bastard

Last edited by cozzfather; 19-10-2013 at 05:07 PM.