General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

People that want to race you!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by costina
Cos its true
people say its racial stereotyping etc but when its true its just a statement of fact lol.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:36 PM
stu21t
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by p.cressie
Imagine there faces if you had ALS fitted and flicked it on, then see how quick they back off
I did this once lol.
I was in a traffic jam trying to enter a car show.
There was a 306 pug behind me that kept leaving a gap then booting it right up behind me.
That was really getting on my nerves.
Then the passenger who had a video camera pointed out a broken down Clio and they were laughing at it.
So I thought I would turn on the launch control and let it go crazy.
The passenger nearly fell out of his chair lol.
They didn't leave a gap and race up to me again lol.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:34 AM
yellowsierra
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

normally only idiots in there run of the mill euro boxes or youngster chavy types who think there car is the fastest thing on the road.
They are just not worth the petrol
Old 12-10-2013, 10:14 AM
jontysafe
PassionFord Regular

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I do roughly 18,000 miles a year with work and I`m very passive as don`t like getting stressed if I`m working. Radio 4 will be on and I`m chilled out.

If I`m in the cossie Westfield then nothing will keep up anyway. Had someone in an RS6 try a couple of weeks ago, he looked like he was driving a 1.2tdi.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:51 PM
ANDYRACER
The more turbos,more fun!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Madgit
I love winding them up at the traffic light GP. Rev mine getting them in the mood and then just crawl way as they boot it.
Im terrible for that!!!

They see a Golf Gti and instantly want to race me, im normally on the fuel light when it happens!!
Old 12-10-2013, 03:38 PM
TOOTALL
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Earlier today I had a 13 plate Fiesta ST come up behind me while joining a dual carriageway. It got about a car length from the rear. The car in front was fannying about making no attempt to accelerate, so I was stuck for the time being. The Fiesta was not aggressive when it came up behind me, but provoking in a way.
Now, I am under no illusion that my car is fast(RS2000), but to pull up behind a less powerful car just to prove a point is daft. They may not have known that the mk6 is the slowest RS there is and wanted to see it fly , or they knew and were showing off. Either way, it cleared and all hell broke loose. From 30-90 it pulled away ok sure enough. Quite well in fact. I wouldn't mind one. I caught up as it slowed for another car. It cleared again, and I did better. Off we went and I held my own to a sat nav 124 (132dash), where the fiesta was pulling away slightly. It looked like a tidy bird driving it, and I bet it felt a lot more stable than mine did at the time.
I may have just made that up and not been speeding. But I just said I was beaten by a girl. Who'd do that?
As for "People that want to race you", it's not always bad. So long as you are not reckless.

Last edited by TOOTALL; 12-10-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:17 PM
CoupeUK

I drive a Mk4 Astra estate. Diesel POS. Theres another local that some lad has covered in Halfrauds stickers and fitted Ripspeed wheels.

I got offered a set of coilovers cheap. By old suspension was ruined anyway, probably on the OE Vauxhall stuff fitted 173k ago if i'm honest. Nobody used to even give me a second look, even after my estate is lowered.

Anyways, the other estates been turbo'd, got Vaux 17's fitted now, big exhaust, dumpvalve...always driving around flat out farting and chuffing away.

So whenever I go out in mine, I get people trying to race me! Mine says DTi on the back yet they still come up behind me with their eBay HID kits blazing, sit 20mm from my towbar and try to provoke me.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Why do them divvys with the bright as fook head lights of them on through the day.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:42 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

I used to love the odd race in the old days and my stage 3 cosworth bmw certainly surprised quite a few who probably thought they could leave an old 3 series estate standing.....
Old 12-10-2013, 10:48 PM
TOOTALL

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A bit off topic, but talk about Cosworth BMW's. What ever became of the e36 that was always in Redline? I did like that.
Old 13-10-2013, 01:32 AM
Acidburn
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
I used to love the odd race in the old days and my stage 3 cosworth bmw certainly surprised quite a few who probably thought they could leave an old 3 series estate standing.....
always wondered if you had a build thread or some pics of that car. Do you still have it?
Old 13-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Straight_4_N/a

I get it every sunday on the way to work and on the way home from audi's and i cant understand why my is200 anit moded or even fast out of the box. All the way to my works its 60mph-70mph but these dick heads always try to push me to go faster. does Lexus mean fast car??? because last time i checked the is200 sport is not only the slowest in its class but the most unstable very tail happy is an understatement.
And im always in the slow lane which thay cant easy overtake in the other lane but the dick heads stay right behind me all the way till i turn off.
Old 13-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just part of having a nice car I guess. get it all the time in the 3 of my cars.

Especially the Evo always the Audi RS and Bmw M drivers trying to make a point.
Old 13-10-2013, 08:09 PM
rs clint
insane

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

cant be bothered with all that just let them pass
Old 13-10-2013, 08:36 PM
stewarthannah
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

i stopped falling for the bait after one said winter evening, i had a car right up my ass, if i needed to brake im sure heyd have gone through the boot, after a mile or so of him flirting with the back bumper i had had enough and booted it managing to pull a good distance away, only for a big blue interior dash light of his to start flashing, what a set up...the joys
Old 13-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Cossie.jack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewarthannah
i stopped falling for the bait after one said winter evening, i had a car right up my ass, if i needed to brake im sure heyd have gone through the boot, after a mile or so of him flirting with the back bumper i had had enough and booted it managing to pull a good distance away, only for a big blue interior dash light of his to start flashing, what a set up...the joys
Same thing happened to my dad in his evo. Mondeo st220 stuck right up his bumper, so came to a roundabout and booted through the gears leaving this Mondeo miles behind. Then you see the little blue light come on in the mirror
Old 13-10-2013, 08:52 PM
stewarthannah
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

hmm its funny the amount of people i mention it too who knows of a similar event. tbf they were pretty reasonable once i got pulled, think they were just having a bit of fun, fortunately they had no way of telling how fast i was going!
Old 13-10-2013, 09:12 PM
MrC
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had one in the snow, up my arse trying it on, so let him past and followed him a good couple of miles, he booted it off to try and lose me, but tried to stop at the junction ahead and slammed his anchors on, ABS and TC sent him spinning into the curb, nearly folding his alloy up, laughed as I drove past laughing and pointing.
Old 14-10-2013, 07:39 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MrC
I had one in the snow, up my arse trying it on, so let him past and followed him a good couple of miles, he booted it off to try and lose me, but tried to stop at the junction ahead and slammed his anchors on, ABS and TC sent him spinning into the curb, nearly folding his alloy up, laughed as I drove past laughing and pointing.

Classic, reminds me of a mates experience a few years back, he was on his way to work in his rover zs 180 something or other and a lotus elise decided to show him how a car should handle on a large island. My mate said the next thing he knew this lotus was passing around the front of him in a big sliding sideways out of control ark, office boy suited and booted driver in the drivers seat looking rather panicked and bang, onto the island and into the bushes all in a mess whilst my mate tootled on to work

Or my favorite was when I had my CTR, sat at some lights in the middle of the day in the city centre and saxo boy races up along side. Revving the tits off his motor her roars off down the street as we pull away. I remember laughing and saying 'hope the tit crashes'.

Few streets away and we turn a corner to find him burried in the side of a brand new merc with a rather angry looking business man screaming at him