General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

People that want to race you!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 09:39 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default People that want to race you!

Anyone else get bugged by c*nts that want to race you in a residential area or totally unsuitable location?

Driving home tonight and see an RX8 pull out of a side street I have just passed. Races up to get behind me as we come to a single lane bridge, cyclist to the left so have gone wide and the tit is on my arse and trying then to come up the inside of me?? He is then weaving about like he is in a touring car for the next few streets until we go in different directions.

This is at 5.30, in slow moving traffic in back streets, got the misses in the car and we are traveling at all of 20mph at most.

Are some people backward?? Where the fuck did he see the race happening? where was he going to go if he actually manage to get past?

What made it worse, on the way to get the misses, in the same streets I had a 206 on my arse as we did 30mph in traffic, must have been a foot of the back bumper. Gets to the ring road where the road opens up and he backs right off and just sits tootling along?

I don't mind having a bit of fun on an open dual carriageway but wtf, dring up someones arse in a que of traffic like your at the ring
Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 PM
mgtkr1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

had some moron in an audi tt sat on my bumper in a 40. we enter a national speed limit road were I give it a dab thinking he is either a. in a hurry or b. wants to willy wave. he must have reached at least 45 mph on leaving the 40 zone. tosser things like that seem to be regular. as soon as you show them you have a reasonable amount of shove they back off or some just back off in the areas its safe to up the pace, despite been sat on your bumper in traffic
Old 10-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

since buying an impreza 6 months ago and used as a daily I have nothing but cock suckers giving it the biggun, worst are people in standard normal cars...

there is some tit in the village who has a hawk sti impreza with the loudest exhaust in the world who has sat right up my ass a few times, so I slow to about 20mph through the village if he is lucky lol.

but when its a 60 and I can be arsed, I don't usually see them behind me for long lol

in the puma I had before I used to have a few dice ups with a guy in a 330ci bmw that I used to see most mornings and would often chase him up the duel carriageway. now in the impreza he doesn't bother trying lol, and its not really that fast...
Old 10-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

used to get it all the time in the puma cossie. 99% of them dont have a chance if i could be bothered to floor it so why do they bother???

chav twats,

dont get much hassle in my new daily 4x4. people get out the way when you floor a 2 ton truck in thier direction.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:24 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I recently went out in a mates Civic to see what it went like, the roads were reasonably quiet and he was giving it a bit of a thrash which was cool, it wasn't by any means fast though and as we came out of a roundabout an Alfa with alloys pulled up behind us ( normally I might add ) and my mate chose to drop it into 2nd and bounce the car off the limiter in the next 4 gears just to prove a point I didn't know where to look and tbh I wish I had a black bag I could of put over my head lol
Old 10-10-2013, 10:32 PM
rs old skool
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ihave had it a few times.. on a normal road im fine i just tootle along or sometimes just dissapear in front of them but if its on a dual carriage way i make them know i have a hell of a lot more power and used every single horsepower , sometimes i took the piss and often waved goodbye as i pull away .. sometimes its fun as loing as its safe to obviously do so
Old 10-10-2013, 11:02 PM
MrC
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont get it as much because my car doesnt draw a llot if attention but sometimes i get the odd knob head who thinks their car is the fasted thing in four wheels and hust have to get past you to show their girlfreind how cool they are, I just wait till the nuggets try overtake on the duel carriage way and fook off lol

Trending Topics

Old 11-10-2013, 05:25 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I hate people who sit right up my arse when im driving.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:05 AM
xr2wishy
Bodger of Blackburn

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MrC
I dont get it as much because my car doesnt draw a llot if attention but sometimes i get the odd knob head who thinks their car is the fasted thing in four wheels and hust have to get past you to show their girlfreind how cool they are, I just wait till the nuggets try overtake on the duel carriage way and fook off lol
been there, the old xr2 did have a loud exhaust but that was about it. every "boy racer" in the world would have a go, i didn't bother much unless it was wide open, then i let all the horses out of their stable.
i tend to find lesser inferior saxos, swifts, corsas etc trying it on these days, not much in the way of power in the 330ci, but certainly more than they are packing, funnier when i'm in the bora and that has bags of torque for a small engine.
i tend to just slow down and keep them behind me mega pissed off lol!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Matt Baxter
Back in black!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have it everyday in the focus, it's really annoying, like the same people that have 1 speed ie 45ish in a 60 then as you come in to a 30 they are still doing 45 now that really fucks me off!
I'm a real stickler or sticking to 30/40 limits tho!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:30 AM
bigluke200
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Had this in the cossie recently, had an older chap in a new shape Audi TT all over my rectum through a village, weaving about on my bumper.
Followed me all the way to where the road meets a dual carriage way.. Pulled up at the lights next to me looking and revving etc.. Sounded like a hair dryer as he shot off.
THEN once we were on the DC he kept slowing down so that I overtook him then kept blasting past me.. This all lasted a good 10mins.

Felt like I was being victimised

To be fair, if I wasn't running my engine in with a limit of 4krpm and nursing a diff that sounds like a machine gun I might have taken the bait.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Cossie.jack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt Baxter
I have it everyday in the focus, it's really annoying, like the same people that have 1 speed ie 45ish in a 60 then as you come in to a 30 they are still doing 45 now that really fucks me off!
Same that really fucks me!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:06 AM
chink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my old skoda vrs mk1 was running 330bhp but looked pretty standard just slighty tinted windows and dropped a tad on standard alloys abit suttle and the amount of people tried it on was unreal
Old 11-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Think its mostly in peoples minds, never had the problem personally.
Have had comments on my website about having a stab at me on the road & ive no idea what they are on about its in their head not mine.
Reminds me of a bloke at work who did the same comute to work as me everyday he told stories of twats, tailgating & near misses. I did the same route for 25 years without seeing anything of note. All in his mind that other drivers were targetting him.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by Glenn_
I hate people who sit right up my arse when im driving.
about town i deliberately wind them up by slowing to 20mph. The closer they get the slower i go. When they get the hint and open the gap i speed up again.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:17 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

I don't get it much at all anymore, probably as I usually just pootling along listening to classic fm hahahah.... Do get the odd idiot at a set of lights and one good thing about an M3 it does launch very well!!! but after 2nd I slow down again
Old 11-10-2013, 09:19 AM
JOHNDQ
BANNED
BANNED

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

must be the way you Ford boys drive never have it when in the Evo's lol
Old 11-10-2013, 12:24 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod-Tarry
Think its mostly in peoples minds, never had the problem personally.
Have had comments on my website about having a stab at me on the road & ive no idea what they are on about its in their head not mine.
Reminds me of a bloke at work who did the same comute to work as me everyday he told stories of twats, tailgating & near misses. I did the same route for 25 years without seeing anything of note. All in his mind that other drivers were targetting him.
I think it is dependent on what you drive mate, if you have anything that looks a bit sporty they instantly think you are willing to race them to see who has the biggest penis

Had various cars over the years and some would attract no attention from retards, others are like a magnet.

Certainly having a car repeatedly drop back then scream up to your back bumper and then weave side to side trying to over take and so close you can't see the guys headlights is not something I would class as in my mind.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:29 PM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

Had a bird driving a toyota aygo trying it yesterday why bother?
Old 11-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

I laugh at the impatient ones in a hurry, the nail it just before they move to overtake to annoy them more then slow down again once the opportunity is gone.

Its a 30 zone, calm the fuck down and wait like everyone else. Screaming past at 50 is just going to end badly one day.

Asian taxi drivers are the worst around here.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:50 PM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

Asian lads in sheffield are always driving like cunts in big new bm's and audis. King of the roads
Old 11-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

The closer they get, the slower I go, when they get the message and back off I go back to the speed I was doing, then if if they do it again I just slow again lol, really bugs me
Old 11-10-2013, 01:04 PM
tsutton

I had an Saxo behind me, car's full of teenagers egging the driver to do his stuff and when we got to the traffic lights to enter the dual carriageway, he was next to me, revving and edging over the line.

The lights changed.

His car roared and moved very little.

I went off normally.

He stalled.

I LOL'ed as I drove off easily.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

I love winding them up at the traffic light GP. Rev mine getting them in the mood and then just crawl way as they boot it.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:31 PM
MJ_RST
PassionFord Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I totally agree, pisses me off too. I see it every day. Also 'Eco' drivers feeling the need to drive slower than everyone else.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:37 PM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

Originally Posted by MJ_RST
I totally agree, pisses me off too. I see it every day. Also 'Eco' drivers feeling the need to drive slower than everyone else.
Eco drivers!!!!! Twats!!
Old 11-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

And when you pass them you get the flashing. Fucking Bell end cunts.

I might just be exceptionally grumpy today though.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

And taxi drivers boil my piss too
Old 11-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Im sure most of the taxi drivers get thier cousin to do the test for them and hope the examiner just sees a "brown face" and cant tell its not them
Old 11-10-2013, 03:02 PM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
Im sure most of the taxi drivers get thier cousin to do the test for them and hope the examiner just sees a "brown face" and cant tell its not them
Old 11-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Oranoco
And when you pass them you get the flashing. Fucking Bell end cunts.

I might just be exceptionally grumpy today though.
That pisses me off as well! People doing 35-40mph on a national speed limit A road, then you overtake them when its safe to do so and they start flashing you! Why?
Old 11-10-2013, 05:14 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

nowadays people seem scared to overtake and you often see a queue of cars building up behind a slow moving motor that flash and stick fingers up because you overtake them all barely braking the limit.
its the fuckers that slow down to 2 mph to go over speedbumps that piss me off the most. seem to think its an off road experience or their car will fall to bits rather than a bump in the road designed to stop people speeding.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Oranoco
And taxi drivers boil my piss too
Sapphs then
Old 11-10-2013, 06:05 PM
p.cressie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Imagine there faces if you had ALS fitted and flicked it on, then see how quick they back off
Old 11-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Matt Evans
Black Country RSOC

Originally Posted by Karl 3dr
That pisses me off as well! People doing 35-40mph on a national speed limit A road, then you overtake them when its safe to do so and they start flashing you! Why?
This is getting ridiculously common I find. Even when you overtake with loads of room, on a clear road, they flash you, as though you have dared to overtake.

I work for Toyota and use a GT86 some days, after a long day at work, you just want to get home quietly and everyone and their fucking nan wants to race you, boils my piss.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Stu_K
Regular Contributor

I get it in the RST cocks on normal cars up your bum, taking stupid chances for overr takes. I never give in and just cruise about. I don't want to break the old thing.

Last sunday I had the wife and my 2.5 year old little boy with me. Driving through aylesbury at 4pm past all the retail parks loads of traffic. Young lad in a mk5 golf gti right up my arse. Were doing 25mph in traffic ffs! Get to a mini roundabout he takes the right lane bounces over the roundabout swerves back in front of me and does the wanker sign. Made himself look a right dick.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:29 PM
brad
PassionFord Post Troll

Funny you should say that
I was following a colleague in an unmarked Audi a couple of weeks back and we over took a woman in a newish Toyota doing 40-45 in a national.
We then hit a posted 30 (obviously doing 30) and she caught up and overtook me in the middle of a narrow village and slotted in between us flipping me the finger and proceeded to sit no more than 5 feet off the bumper of the unmarked!. Imagine her surprise when the stop sign and blues emerged through the tinted rear window!!!
I believe I accidentally squirted a little bit of wee from laughing so hard.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:50 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Fudgey
since buying an impreza 6 months ago and used as a daily I have nothing but cock suckers giving it the biggun, worst are people in standard normal cars...

there is some tit in the village who has a hawk sti impreza with the loudest exhaust in the world who has sat right up my ass a few times, so I slow to about 20mph through the village if he is lucky lol.

but when its a 60 and I can be arsed, I don't usually see them behind me for long lol

in the puma I had before I used to have a few dice ups with a guy in a 330ci bmw that I used to see most mornings and would often chase him up the duel carriageway. now in the impreza he doesn't bother trying lol, and its not really that fast...
LOL I only ever seen ya on your bike
Old 11-10-2013, 07:54 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Originally Posted by brad
Funny you should say that
I was following a colleague in an unmarked Audi a couple of weeks back and we over took a woman in a newish Toyota doing 40-45 in a national.
We then hit a posted 30 (obviously doing 30) and she caught up and overtook me in the middle of a narrow village and slotted in between us flipping me the finger and proceeded to sit no more than 5 feet off the bumper of the unmarked!. Imagine her surprise when the stop sign and blues emerged through the tinted rear window!!!
I believe I accidentally squirted a little bit of wee from laughing so hard.
Quality
Old 11-10-2013, 07:58 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren

That's not funny.......

Why?

Cos its true

Quick Reply: People that want to race you!