General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford Mondeo Mk3 Auto Motion Lock

Search this Thread

Old 17-09-2013, 08:05 AM
pfpentagon
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Mondeo Mk3 Auto Motion Lock

Hi,

I have a 2004 Mondeo 2.0LX TDCi.

I've seen this topic on various forums and have followed the method to activate this feature to the letter, but for some reason I can't get it to work. Any ideas anyone?

The method I followed is as follows:
• Turn on the ignition so all the dash lights come on but don't start the engine.
• Lock the door using the button on the door handle and then unlock the door (but don't open it) 3 times.
• Turn off the ignition.
• Lock the door using the button on the door handle and then unlock the door (but don't open it) 3 times.
• Turn on the ignition but don’t start the engine - you should be able to hear a beep.
• Lock the door again as before then unlock it (only once this time) - a final beep should be heard.
• If all goes according to plan your doors should now auto lock when you go over a certain speed (about 5-10mph). This will also auto lock the doors if you reverse away. This mod will be operational until you repeat the above steps to switch it off. It will only work once for each time the car is started though. In other words, if you unlock the doors to let someone out without turning the engine off, they will not automatically lock when you move away again.
Old 17-09-2013, 10:07 PM
lewis.philcox
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't quote me on this but i think these run on the same GEM module as the focus st, if so you should be able to get a ELM 327 modded cable and program it from the program that comes with the cable to enable it
Old 17-09-2013, 11:56 PM
kieranmondeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Key in ignition hold lock button on key and turn ignition on and keep lock held for ten secs, then take key out lock then unlock with key