General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

who crashed their s1 turbo today near silverstone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 10:47 PM
RS07COS
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who crashed their s1 turbo today near silverstone?

On my way to ford fair this morning i saw a series 1 turbo upside down in a deep ditch. There was an escos in imperial blue who stopped at the scene.
hope anyone in the car wasnt badly hurt. It looked pretty bad and only a few mins away ftom silverstone.
please let me know any news its been on my mind all day
Old 11-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Roscopeco
P8 Managed S1 with ALS

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Him and his wife are ok mate
Old 11-08-2013, 11:13 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

shame to hear.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:49 PM
rs old skool
BANNED
BANNED

how come didnt stop mate to check if there ok . . i always stop for people ..stopped for a few to help them out on the way to classic ford last show to .. its amazing how you could help people for example i seen a fiesta broken down the water hose came off. all he needed was a jubilee clip and some water. i gave him the jubilee clip and put it on ..and that got him to the show its amazing what you can dolol seen acapri to that had problems in the end he made it
Old 11-08-2013, 11:50 PM
rs old skool
BANNED
BANNED

hope the s1 driver and wife was ok. any body know how it happened/?
Old 12-08-2013, 12:11 AM
cos358
Part of the Furniture

i seen it on the way up there was an ambulance there, it was a white s1 with white comps on its roof, it was a sad sight i hope they were ok?..
Old 12-08-2013, 02:42 AM
Acidburn
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

hope they was ok

what was the road like as most roads i've seen/been on going to silverstone have been good with good visibility etc.

Trending Topics

Old 12-08-2013, 04:11 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,042 Likes on 996 Posts

Not good to hear things like this.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Versus_Creations
Ask me a question!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Customer and friends of mine. Billy and his wife sapphire.
Thankfully noone was hurt.
short story is that a bmw cut them up and sent them off the road.
That's why you have good insurance that covers everything the car has bolted to it. He declared everything on this car.
thanks to anyone who stopped and offered their help.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Fordmad!
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Aslong as everyones okay thats what matters car can be repaired/broke problem solved.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:14 AM
frsjon
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

good to hear bill and his wife are ok
Old 12-08-2013, 07:28 AM
rs clint
insane

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

glad no one was seriously hurt
Old 12-08-2013, 08:27 AM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad no one was hurt, good job it looked worse than it was, and all walked away uninjured
Old 12-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

This is why i wont yield for anyone cutting me up these days. If im going to end up writing off my car and probably loosing my NCB due to avoiding some other cunt, then at least im going to take the bastard out with me and teach the cunt a lesson. And if the crash camera is clear enough i would probably get a no fault claim too.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:27 AM
will@greenlight
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Originally Posted by Versus_Creations
Customer and friends of mine. Billy and his wife sapphire.
Thankfully noone was hurt.
short story is that a bmw cut them up and sent them off the road.
That's why you have good insurance that covers everything the car has bolted to it. He declared everything on this car.
thanks to anyone who stopped and offered their help.

im not sure if he is insured with us mate can you give him my best and if theres anything we can do to help him let me know
Old 12-08-2013, 11:33 AM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rs old skool
how come didnt stop mate to check if there ok . . i always stop for people ..stopped for a few to help them out on the way to classic ford last show to .. its amazing how you could help people for example i seen a fiesta broken down the water hose came off. all he needed was a jubilee clip and some water. i gave him the jubilee clip and put it on ..and that got him to the show its amazing what you can dolol seen acapri to that had problems in the end he made it
That's very true, I was driving my Cortina home once and the bonnet pin snapped! I had no tools on me and nothing at all in the car. I was thinking what to do when a young bloke in an old Land Rover Defender saw us at the side of the road, asked the problem and then gave us a small ratchet strap to use to get us home. Asked for his address to send it back to him but wouldn't have any of it and drove off! Properly save my bacon!

Sad to hear the S1 crashed, glad everyone is alright!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 AM
cris
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RS07COS
On my way to ford fair this morning i saw a series 1 turbo upside down in a deep ditch. ...
...please let me know any news its been on my mind all day
We passed this also, way after the incident.
No people about likely after the Ambulance had been
There was a single police car next to it and poss a BMW IIRC

Very glad to hear the driver & passenger are OK

I travel between London and Leicester a lot and use the A43 weekly there are a fair few incidents along there it's a deceptively quick road and lots of people drive quick down there.
Doesn't surprise me a nob in a BMW cutting someone off was involved.
5'er says it was a diesel 1 series

(for the record i am not implying any wrongdoing by the S1 driver)
Old 12-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Brendan
struggling with reality

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
This is why i wont yield for anyone cutting me up these days. If im going to end up writing off my car and probably loosing my NCB due to avoiding some other cunt, then at least im going to take the bastard out with me and teach the cunt a lesson. And if the crash camera is clear enough i would probably get a no fault claim too.
warren, what is a crash camera please? can you post a pic please too?

Brendan
Old 12-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Karl 3dr
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Not good to hear, glad no one was badly hurt, there were plenty of idiots in the queue while we were in it, flying up the outside of everyone who had been queuing in the inside lane and then bullying their way in, and some utter knob behind me in a corsa who was hanging out of his window shouting at his mates in the car behind. Was glad to get in without any bother tbh
Old 12-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by Brendan
warren, what is a crash camera please? can you post a pic please too?

Brendan
you serious? these thingys:
Old 12-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Karl 3dr
Not good to hear, glad no one was badly hurt, there were plenty of idiots in the queue while we were in it, flying up the outside of everyone who had been queuing in the inside lane and then bullying their way in, and some utter knob behind me in a corsa who was hanging out of his window shouting at his mates in the car behind. Was glad to get in without any bother tbh

Why i get there early and leave early to many idiots
Old 12-08-2013, 05:01 PM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren

you serious? these thingys:
Old 12-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Bungle
Advanced PassionFord User

So true a cunt in an l200 cut me up while I was queuing on the bypass
Old 12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

That sort of thing really gets on my tits. On our way back we joined the A43 and there were long tailbacks but still this divvy in his yellow Fiesta ST/Zetec S covered in pointless non witty stickers just undercut us on the slip lane and forced his way in. My mrs was driving and we were in her S1600 Fiesta that she's only had since last Friday so i told her to just ease off and let him in rather than lose any paint on him but if we'd been in her old Focus i'd have told her to make the cock sit and wait.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Fraggle...
On a tangent

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

+1 Glad to read all were unharmed..

Agreed..
Main reason ive given up on shows now, got sick of the wannabe bellends trolling round with Ganja sticks hanging out their arse cracks.

Plus too many teefs and blaggings from car parks meant the frst wernt being left un-attended 2mile away
Old 13-08-2013, 12:31 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by XRT_si
That's very true, I was driving my Cortina home once and the bonnet pin snapped! I had no tools on me and nothing at all in the car. I was thinking what to do when a young bloke in an old Land Rover Defender saw us at the side of the road, asked the problem and then gave us a small ratchet strap to use to get us home. Asked for his address to send it back to him but wouldn't have any of it and drove off! Properly save my bacon!

Sad to hear the S1 crashed, glad everyone is alright!

Have to say I've had both scales of help.
I stopped and helped a guy out who had a blown tyre who turned out to be a proper crim from his town,always nice to be welcomed up there again.

Had help from a couple when I blew a boost hose off my UNO turbo as it was bloody freezing and they took me and my mate in for the night basically til the AA arrived about 3 hrs later.

Then,trying to return my good fortune I towed an American couple out of a ditch with my merc after they had engulfed their hire car.
Not even a thank you!!!!

Nowt as queer as folk.

His wife's name was sapphire?
How COOL!!!
Old 13-08-2013, 01:42 PM
PAULDOLMAN
Regular Contributor

Yes there both good friends of mine too, we're ment to be on our stand at fordfair, there series 1 was recently used as there wedding car too, glad both bill and saff are fine which is the main thing, hopefully the lovely engine can be saved and put into something else
Old 13-08-2013, 08:57 PM
b11lkw

I would like to say thanx to everyone who has shown concern, and everyone who stopped to help, a guy called Dominic in a black fiesta turbo was so much help I owe him one!
I just couldn't believe that it happened, the guy literally nearly took my front off the car!
So lucky my wife and I managed to escape without injury. Absolutely gutted about my car tho, 11 years I've had that and was supposed to be showing it on the Oddkidd stand
Now waiting to hear from the insurance company before I decide which way to o next, the engine needs salvaging and putting to good use
Old 14-08-2013, 04:20 PM
juicy 666
Regular Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad you guys are ok. awful thing to happen that.
Old 14-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Churtz
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by b11lkw
I would like to say thanx to everyone who has shown concern, and everyone who stopped to help, a guy called Dominic in a black fiesta turbo was so much help I owe him one!
I just couldn't believe that it happened, the guy literally nearly took my front off the car!
So lucky my wife and I managed to escape without injury. Absolutely gutted about my car tho, 11 years I've had that and was supposed to be showing it on the Oddkidd stand
Now waiting to hear from the insurance company before I decide which way to o next, the engine needs salvaging and putting to good use
Doms one of my best mates.... He told me all about it. I'm gutted for you mate. Can't believe it really... You just can't comprehend the pure idiocy of some people on the road. Dom was saying you did pretty well to pull it back from the first massive slide but then it went the other way

Glad you're both ok!

Matt
Old 14-08-2013, 09:05 PM
fatboy billy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 64 Likes on 58 Posts

Gutted for you mate I only saw this the other week in stansted proper made me break my neck to turn and look
Old 14-08-2013, 09:17 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad everyone was ok, I had a slight bump on the way to Silverstone.
Old 14-08-2013, 09:24 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

^^^^What happened mate? Much damage?
Old 14-08-2013, 10:07 PM
megaflea
Virgin

Originally Posted by b11lkw
Hey Bill, I was the guy in the black fiesta xr2i turbo who helped you guys out the car, i was concerned it might had caught fire being upside down and alotta smoke coming out the engine bay just after it happened so jumped in the ditch after you, really sorry we had to bend the door open to get you and your misses out. i was behind bill for quite a while on the way to silverstone its all about retro fords sticking together encase one breaks down and you can help , im glad you guys weren't seriously hurt, me and my misses gave statements and diagram to the police, if you need my details for a whiteness reference for insurance drop me a message.it was a great example of an S1 such a shame but most importantly you and your misses arent badly hurt and you can always build another one .
Old 14-08-2013, 10:10 PM
megaflea
Virgin

Originally Posted by cris
We passed this also, way after the incident.
No people about likely after the Ambulance had been
There was a single police car next to it and poss a BMW IIRC

Very glad to hear the driver & passenger are OK

I travel between London and Leicester a lot and use the A43 weekly there are a fair few incidents along there it's a deceptively quick road and lots of people drive quick down there.
Doesn't surprise me a nob in a BMW cutting someone off was involved.
5'er says it was a diesel 1 series

(for the record i am not implying any wrongdoing by the S1 driver)
and yeah your spot on with the car
Old 15-08-2013, 09:19 AM
b11lkw

Originally Posted by megaflea
Hey Bill, I was the guy in the black fiesta xr2i turbo who helped you guys out the car, i was concerned it might had caught fire being upside down and alotta smoke coming out the engine bay just after it happened so jumped in the ditch after you, really sorry we had to bend the door open to get you and your misses out. i was behind bill for quite a while on the way to silverstone its all about retro fords sticking together encase one breaks down and you can help , im glad you guys weren't seriously hurt, me and my misses gave statements and diagram to the police, if you need my details for a whiteness reference for insurance drop me a message.it was a great example of an S1 such a shame but most importantly you and your misses arent badly hurt and you can always build another one .
Mate I can't thank you enough for what you did, a true gent. I have had 2 phonecalls this week from the guy driving the BMW, checking to see if we ok, he seems to think his insurance will settle up, and rightly so!!!
It's a godsend that the wife and I are ok, apart from she is still in a bit of pain, and people say that cars can be replaced, but actually that one can't! I have had that for 11 or 12 years building it to the spec and condition it was in just for some idiot to cause that!
Old 15-08-2013, 09:20 AM
b11lkw

Originally Posted by fatboy billy
Gutted for you mate I only saw this the other week in stansted proper made me break my neck to turn and look
I was quite often in standard and surrounding areas with the car as I only live down the road, used to use it as much as I possibly could!
Old 15-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Stu_K
Regular Contributor

Have you got it back to yours or is it in a compound? I'm worried light fingered people will help themselves to your nice bits.

Had this happen in the past.
Old 15-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by Stu_K
Have you got it back to yours or is it in a compound? I'm worried light fingered people will help themselves to your nice bits.

Had this happen in the past.
definitely get it back into trusted storage.

Maybe im being harsh but the industry is full of thieving cunts.

Ive written off a few modified cars over the years and EVERY one thats gone to the storage compound has been robbed of the bits.

Also they deny its happening, CCTV footage goes missing etc.

im sure as soon as they know its a write off they rape the car for parts knowing that even if you buy it back, you wont be able to claim for the stolen bits as youve been paid out.
Old 15-08-2013, 09:33 AM
SBT83
Not Crazy, just Unwell

It's normal for you to feel this way! I'd be furious too. Infact I'd be boiling. But as said the main thing really is that you and your wife are ok. And that there are decent people out there that will help even if it risks their lives in doing so! Dominic needs a clap and a pint!

It shows the BMW driver has accepted and is gutted at what he has done! And now should face the consequences to his stupidity. What would he have done if you had a child in the back of the car? Or he hit someone else with a family on board?

We have to be thankful everyone is home safe from this accident, and look at this as a community to think how we should respect other road users and fellow enthusiasts.

All the best, to you and your wife

Sion

Quick Reply: who crashed their s1 turbo today near silverstone?