General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Range rover sport supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 PM
mattman1234
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Range rover sport supercharged

Mate of mine wants me to look at one of these.56 plate.
Anything i need to lookout for,are they reliable,electronics,engine etc..
any thoughts good or bad much appriciated

Matt
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 PM
adsrs1
Regular Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a 2.7 tdi it was a good car apart from wirring faults the sensors kept packing up but the biggest problem is the active anti role bar there are 2 serviceable rovings that can be replaced but if the main ram goes this has to be replaced and the only way this can be done is to split the body from the chassis. The ram is £900 and the labour is about £1800 .
So unless you have deep pockets I would stay away from them
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM
jason_nike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 98 Likes on 92 Posts

Supercharged drink the go go juice.
Very nice cars to own tho.
The wife loves hers
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Cossie Sean
big floppy donkey dick

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone who buys a peugeot engined rangerover needs hit with a stick (2.7HDI lol!)

check for smokey exhaust, let it tick over for a few mins, full throttle, let off then right back on and off again, any smoke and walk away.

plug it in and read the codes, again be sensible, any mixture/bank * sensor * lean mixture or similar walk away

as mentioned, electro hydraulic rear anti roll bar/torsion reduction leaks/damp walk away, quickly!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:34 PM
beaver rs 88
in the garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I work on these all day and tbh the supercharged petrols are the most reliable of all the engines. Look out for corroded front to rear brakepipes as there expensive to replace at a dealer. The hydrolic roll bars can be replaced without removing the body but are expensive to buy around 4hrs labour at a dealer to change. Tap the brakes at low speeds upto say 10mph and listen for a clunk/knock from the front. If it knocks the lower arm rear hydrobushes need replacing and there not cheap either plus a 4 wheel alignment on top of that. If there's a rattle type noise over bumpy roads from the front the front roll bar bushes are shot. All these are common faults mate I worked at a main dealer for 8yrs now so no them quite well. Deep pockets needed to run them too average 14 to 16mpg around town. Make me smile everytime I drive one though. Good luck.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 PM
mattman1234
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

thanks chaps ,some good advice there,would never have checked the hydrolic roll bar.Will let you know how i get on.
Thanks again
Matt