General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Iam the trader that reported the post

Search this Thread

Old 15-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PF Ben
So the moral of the story is if a Gold Member and you're stuck with some spare bits or have bought a car to take a few bits off and then sell for a profit (cos to be honest it's NO ONES business if you make a profit or a loss), just say you've driven it around for a week and don't like it and parts are coming off it for sale. Sorted
Ben
I doubt it'll be that simple m8
Old 15-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes I know Jason and I am looking it to getting licnesed now its starting to pick up.

No it not my only sole income Pete but it will be and checking evertying out and legalities out before I do it full time.

Okay I mey not be hot on all the rules that why i seeking advice so I dont comea cropper later.

But how many other peoples hobbies have statrted to make them money is all I saying.

So I am trying my best to everything legit as I can.
Old 15-03-2005, 01:40 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

When I first had my cossie, I bought a few bits off Pete. When we had a problem with a dash I bought, he took it back, and changed it over no problem. I payed more than I might with a private punter, but that private punter isn't going to take my dash back now is he?
Old 15-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan
yeah i know pete, but thats exactly my point.

How do you know a good breaker from a bad one?

Obviously you have to find out for yourself, and if you get foooked over on parts then there's your answer

And how many breakers do a refund & reciept policy?
All repitable breakers will refund if not happy I have in the past but I must sat it dosent often happen,as to a warrenty thats is a hard one as how can you warrant a secondhand part,an engine or gearbox how can you justfiy that if the custumer is a local boy racer hooning around and not having somethng like fueling set up on and engine which hes just fitted,
nowerdays there no need to get "fucked over" as people know whos who and were to obtain good parts
Old 15-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Less
Yes I know Jason and I am looking it to getting licnesed now its starting to pick up.

No it not my only sole income Pete but it will be and checking evertying out and legalities out before I do it full time.

Okay I mey not be hot on all the rules that why i seeking advice so I dont comea cropper later.

But how many other peoples hobbies have statrted to make them money is all I saying.

So I am trying my best to everything legit as I can.
I wish you good luck,but thats exactly what Iam talking about trading and paying nothing,no offence ment but untill you get caught you will keep selling cars on the side buy beleive me when they catch you you get fucked over big time I have seen it happen and car dealing is the easiest way of getting caught
Old 15-03-2005, 01:44 PM
cfoster
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pete how comes you have to charge VAT on second hand goods? (genuine honest question). I always thought that you only paid VAT on an item once?

Chris
Old 15-03-2005, 01:50 PM
PF Ben
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PF Ben wrote:
So the moral of the story is if a Gold Member and you're stuck with some spare bits or have bought a car to take a few bits off and then sell for a profit (cos to be honest it's NO ONES business if you make a profit or a loss), just say you've driven it around for a week and don't like it and parts are coming off it for sale. Sorted
Ben

Rab wrote:

Why not? Moderating has to be done on descriptions / posts themselves and not on HEARSAY in my opinion. If a Gold Member's selling bits on here and states what I've said in my previous post then the Mods HAVE to take that as gospel in my opinion. Otherwise, every narked trader / people who know the seller and don't like them / pissed up fool on night after beers can pm a Mod and say, 'ooh, he's 'trading'' and the Mod delete / move the post to a 'Sin Bin' - which is BOLLOCKS!

Ben
Old 15-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cfoster
Pete how comes you have to charge VAT on second hand goods? (genuine honest question). I always thought that you only paid VAT on an item once?

Chris
I dont charge VAT I try to stay away from it because it will price me out of the market
you have to be VAT registered if you turn over is more than 56K a year,unfortunalty I dont earn that much so I dont charge VAT,
Old 15-03-2005, 01:52 PM
SPADGE
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't be arsed to get involved in this squable as its clearly a mis-understanding that others want to keep going as it keeps them amused
Stu can you make sure that all people wishing to sell anything on this site have paid their 20 quid in the last 12 months as like i said on that other thread i bet loads havn't paid since over a year ago! I'm sure that if a trader owed money he wouldn't be allowed to post stuff on here for free
Old 15-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

No Pete I am looking into licnesing etc it was a hobby to start with but now making me money.

But kept records form day one and had someone sort the books for me so I can pay my taxes.So I wont keeping trading till I get caughts

It not as if I set out not to pay my taxes and if I get a big tax bill thats my fualt no one elses.

But altleast I making the effort to everything above board as can mae a few that dont I dont mean off here but in real life.

But cheers for wishing me luck anyway Pete
Old 15-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Gra
PassionFord Post Whore!!

reallyI remember a certain bedroom trader who came along and undercut everyone
yeah i know who you mean, shit what happened to him,
Old 15-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Lee R
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

why do traders have to pay a fee anyway? Its disgusting imo.

Just say Tiff got a 'job' off someone off the site, lets say, a full heating install, would he have to pay a traders fee? I know he doesnt advertise, but everyone knows he's a plumber, even a not very busy site user like me

Traders should have to just pay Ł20 like the rest of us, should be a free for all
Old 15-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lee R

Just say Tiff got a 'job' off someone off the site, lets say, a full heating install, would he have to pay a traders fee? I know he doesnt advertise, but everyone knows he's a plumber, even a not very busy site user like me

Traders should have to just pay Ł20 like the rest of us, should be a free for all
you are taking this trade thing totally out of contex,this is a car site funded by traders who deal in cars and car parts also funded by people who wish the site to remine live
magazines are just the same you have to pay to be in it simple as that its called advertising
Old 15-03-2005, 02:15 PM
PF Ben
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"magazines are just the same you have to pay to be in it simple as that its called advertising"

But Pete, our Classifieds are FREE mate! LOL

Ben
Old 15-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Dan_L
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I can clearly why the traders are pissed off, a line has to be drawn between someone selling a few spare parts and continuously breaking cars and selling the parts with there gold membership.
Old 15-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Andreas
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I can see were the traders are coming from.

On some local forums its free to advertise for all but traders so you have loads of bedroom traders not paying vat or other taxes and they are not even regular members. As a trader I would never pay money with rules like that.

Atleast here you have to be a member to post for sale ads, right?
Old 15-03-2005, 02:19 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

to be fair - I have bought from Pete before and had no problems. Received a very professional and courteous service and parts were very reasonaly priced - even tho his garage is like an Aladdins cave, i kept on picking more bits and the price was increasing steadily

Having said that I have also bought a whole engine from Ryan and he is not a trader and I had not even spoke to him before or heard the engine running before buying it. Well i bought the engine and got my mechanic to fit and then found there was a small issue with it - i communicated this to Ryan who instantly offered a full refund including paying towards the labour cost i had already incurred. which was over Ł2,500

Now i dont think i would have received this service from some other registered traders on here. Reason why i bought the engine from ryan was because it was obvious he was an apparent bufty and a stand up bloke

Also - it is ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE'S business where the parts come from or how much the seller has paid for em. They should be able to list what they have for how much they think it is worth - that is what the traders do.

As for prices - i will always look for the cheapest, but that doesnt mean i will always buy the cheapest as for various reasons it could be shit or i could just get ripped off.

Im thinking of purchasing a saff cossie with a mate so we can get some bits we need and then sell the surplus parts to recover costs incurred - does this mean i will be classed as a trader and will not be allowed to list the parts on here and yes they will probably be cheaper than some traders as i dont have the space to keep shonky old sierras its the same situation as Andy IMO.
Old 15-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Originally Posted by PF Ben
PF Ben wrote:
Ben

Rab wrote:

Why not? Moderating has to be done on descriptions / posts themselves and not on HEARSAY in my opinion. If a Gold Member's selling bits on here and states what I've said in my previous post then the Mods HAVE to take that as gospel in my opinion. Otherwise, every narked trader / people who know the seller and don't like them / pissed up fool on night after beers can pm a Mod and say, 'ooh, he's 'trading'' and the Mod delete / move the post to a 'Sin Bin' - which is BOLLOCKS!

Ben
I agree

Problem is, and always will be, people. It's on every forum I've ever been on. Give someone the power and watch them weild it like an axe. NOT A DIG at the mods. But it's true. Being a Mod would warp even me, and I'm all round fucking brilliant.

but god knows I agree with you Ben, that would work perfectly in theory!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic, can I have a job?
Old 15-03-2005, 02:30 PM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

Service with a smile
Knowledge
Guarentees
Receipts
Communication
Acknowledgement
Respect
Honesty
Advice
lol not from some traders on here you dont
Old 15-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DanS
Service with a smile
Knowledge
Guarentees
Receipts
Communication
Acknowledgement
Respect
Honesty
Advice
lol not from some traders on here you dont
name them please I would like to see this one
Old 15-03-2005, 02:36 PM
DanS
PassionFord Post Troll

Rather not if you dont mind, its between me and that said trader.

ps. Not you obviously - always top service mate
Old 15-03-2005, 03:00 PM
frog
0-60 in 17 seconds (eek)

But IMO everyone should be able to pay a little extra for larger signatures, or a banner advert, if you feel your "business" will benefit from it.

At the moment, looking at the number of gold members and traders on the site, 69% of the revenue comes from gold members, the rest from traders.
The above assumes the following:
-All are paid up.
-Ladies are not included since most (not all) are using their other half's membership.
-The majority of traders don't have a banner.

On that basis, I am not sure the traders are really funding PM anymore, but I could be wrong and will be happy to be told otherwise.

PS: If all traders were banner traders, the percentages are 65% traders, 35% members.
Old 15-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Dirty Harry
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by frog

But IMO everyone should be able to pay a little extra for larger signatures, or a banner advert, if you feel your "business" will benefit from it.

At the moment, looking at the number of gold members and traders on the site, 69% of the revenue comes from gold members, the rest from traders.
The above assumes the following:
-All are paid up.
-Ladies are not included since most (not all) are using their other half's membership.
-The majority of traders don't have a banner.

On that basis, I am not sure the traders are really funding PM anymore, but I could be wrong and will be happy to be told otherwise.

PS: If all traders were banner traders, the percentages are 65% traders, 35% members.
how can that be when I pay 7 times more than a gold member plus I dont need a banner add so why waste the money
Old 15-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

My take on this is here:
https://passionford.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108894

So this has been locked for now.