General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

man killed after getting out of car in middle lane on motorway

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 12:09 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Underdog ST170
but what does being harsh about if acheive for you?? does it make you feel superior? does it put you on a higher pecking order in life? does it bring the dead back to life??

everyone makes mistakes. show me a man who never makes mistakes and i will show you rocking horse turd.

time will come when you will have your corners rounded off just like the other great men in this thread.

no offence intended to just you but really
having read the rest of the replies afterwards, it appears that he's had a shunt and then got out of the car, but that's still foolish

as for being harsh, don't matter who it is, fools are fools, and some fools survive and some fools die

but until there is a spcific itinerary of events, i shall stick with my conclusion that, based on the evidence i've got before me in this thread, he was foolish to get out of his car under the circumstances, and weather he was on his way to meet his dying child in hospital or just going to get a pint of milk of just a random joe who got hit, getting out of the car was the last mistake he made
Old 10-02-2013, 01:19 PM
SMILER258
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by TOOTALL
Acting like a cunt ,and being a wee bit lackadaisical are miles apart. I'm out of this thread, because I do not know the full story.
I was too quick to judge.
+1

I was too quick to judge aswell, and I can't jump to conclusions without knowing the full story.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:43 PM
tommytwotanks
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we all make mistakes, sometimes we get caught out by these mistakes, we all assume that people have a similar intelligence level, i dont want to put anyone down here, but maybe he had learning difficulties, we don't know, maybe we will never know
Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by KregRS
Now, had it been one of the PF elite, in the same circumstances, no doubt you'd all be bigging him up, saying how it was unavoidable etc.
i think it depends how shallow people are or if they are in the PF "clique".

I say it how i think, regardless of if it offends. Look at that guy who killed himself in the saph driving like an idiot, as you said, PF people tried to big him up and claim it was all a tragic accident and nothing to do with his driving, even going so far as to fabricate a conspiracy theory about nails in the road. It didnt go down well when i said it was plainly excessive speed, poor judgement and stupidity that caused the crash.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:07 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
i think it depends how shallow people are or if they are in the PF "clique".

I say it how i think, regardless of if it offends. Look at that guy who killed himself in the saph driving like an idiot, as you said, PF people tried to big him up and claim it was all a tragic accident and nothing to do with his driving, even going so far as to fabricate a conspiracy theory about nails in the road. It didnt go down well when i said it was plainly excessive speed, poor judgement and stupidity that caused the crash.
there was more to it that that warren but i don't think it's fair to compare a young driver crashing with an older driver being stupid after a crash
Old 10-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

really?? he was showing off doing over twice the speed limit for the road, lost it, crashed and got killed. wether a nail was involved is irrelevant. Nail or not, hed still be alive today had he been driving within the speed limit for that road.

And of course you can compare two acts of stupidity that resulted in a fatality.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:22 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by BigChuck
so many people quick to judge without knowing any real facts...

what if.

he was pulling out to overtake,
timing belt snapped and the car ground to a halt before he could dip the clutch
gearbox seized
anything could have happened causing the car to be stranded in the middle lane,

he may even have been in the 3rd lane and was trying to get to the hard shoulder but some smart cunt held him out.

he may well have been a retard, who knows for sure.
This reply was worth reading.
Originally Posted by Jimbo.
Shocked how many people are saying he basically deserved to die without even knowing the facts, absolute bunch of cunts!

We don't know the circumstances leading to the crash but I'm pretty sure he didn't want to be stranded in the middle lane by choice! There may have been a reason he wasn't able to move over! Plus he's just a sitting target waiting in his car so he was most likely fucked whatever he did.

To the people saying he was a cunt, I can safely say YOU are the cunts, especially without knowing what happened!
This reply was also worth reading.
Originally Posted by Underdog ST170
but what does being harsh about if acheive for you?? does it make you feel superior? does it put you on a higher pecking order in life? does it bring the dead back to life??

everyone makes mistakes. show me a man who never makes mistakes and i will show you rocking horse turd.

time will come when you will have your corners rounded off just like the other great men in this thread.

no offence intended to just you but really
Mate you just have to learn to take Dojj's replies with a pinch salt - he even believes that wrestling is real so it shows what planet he's on.
i suppose in the absence of knowing all the facts its much easier just to blame stupidity and call the guy a murderer.
Mate you know the PF mentality, why let the facts - which as yet are unknown - stand in the way of a unbalanced opinion.
Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Fact is, he stopped in the middle lane of a motorway at night. Do you think that is an intelligent thing to do ?

He didnt murder anyone other than himself perhaps. Certainly the people who hit him should not be called murderers though. Murder implies deliberate intent.
Yet another well considered reply - not. You haven't a clue what went on, you weren't even aware that it happened in the morning not at night .
Originally Posted by dojj
having read the rest of the replies afterwards, it appears that he's had a shunt and then got out of the car, but that's still foolish

as for being harsh, don't matter who it is, fools are fools, and some fools survive and some fools die

but until there is a spcific itinerary of events, i shall stick with my conclusion that, based on the evidence i've got before me in this thread, he was foolish to get out of his car under the circumstances, and weather he was on his way to meet his dying child in hospital or just going to get a pint of milk of just a random joe who got hit, getting out of the car was the last mistake he made
So what would you have done then Dojj? Just sit and wait in the car waiting for another vehicle to plough in to you?

Nobody knows what went on for certain, maybe even the investigating officers don't know for sure yet until they've completed their investigation but don't let that bother you guys, just carry on slagging the fella off, after all he's dead so he can't prove you wrong .
Old 11-02-2013, 12:15 AM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

^^^^^By the way, the bit about Dojj and wrestling above should be taken as a joke but i would still be interested in his opinion as to what you are supposed to do if you find yourself stuck in the second lane on a motorway for whatever reason.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:02 AM
dojj

So lets assume he's had a crash in his own for starters

If you have headlights pointing towards you in a motorway you are going to get out if the way or try to stop, so safer to stay in the vehicle

If it was a multicar shunt then there would be more cars scattered about the place and again, safer to stay in the car

I didn't call him a cunt, I called him stupid and later decided that he was foolish for getting out of the car under those circumstances

And I used my dad as an example of people who realise they can't drive and stop doing so, not that he's old and we took the keys off him or that he would t get out of the passenger side and end up the same

And warren, there is much more and no, in these circumstances you can't compare the 2
Old 11-02-2013, 09:07 AM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
So lets assume he's had a crash in his own for starters

If you have headlights pointing towards you in a motorway you are going to get out if the way or try to stop, so safer to stay in the vehicle

If it was a multicar shunt then there would be more cars scattered about the place and again, safer to stay in the car

I didn't call him a cunt, I called him stupid and later decided that he was foolish for getting out of the car under those circumstances

And I used my dad as an example of people who realise they can't drive and stop doing so, not that he's old and we took the keys off him or that he would t get out of the passenger side and end up the same

And warren, there is much more and no, in these circumstances you can't compare the 2
Fuck staying in the car. if its not going to move, you move yourself

I would rather try and save myself than sit and hope that all the cars coming towards me manage to avoid me.

You are always told if you have to stop on the motorway, you get yourself out the car and away from the live carriage way
Old 11-02-2013, 01:22 PM
foxy06
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Double post!

Last edited by foxy06; 11-02-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Double post!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:23 PM
foxy06
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are always told if you have to stop on the motorway, you get yourself out the car and away from the live carriage way
This^^^

Even if you stop on the outside lane, you are encouraged to leave the car and get inbetween the armco for safety!

Ever heard the phrase "A sitting duck"?
Old 11-02-2013, 04:46 PM
C4P5I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think someone said the car was facing the central reservation at a angle? That means the drivers side was facing up the caridge way...

Ha! think it would take massive balls to stay in that drivers seat!

To be fair I think I'ed fancy my chances making a run for it rather than sitting there looking to your right out the window while cars come straight towards you at 70+ theres at the best of times... two bits of 3mm steel and a plastic door card between you and the front of a HGV, maby another wimpy 3mm thick crash bar inside the door

Meh... maby if the car was facing down the carridge way I might stay put and prepair myself for a big thump up the rear end, but not if I was about to be plowed into sideways, anyones adrenalin would start rushing then and you would instantly think of getting out of there.

No one in their right mind would put radio 2 on and spark a fag up and ponder for afew mins about what to do would they, course not you'd be out of the car faster than a rocket, you would have to be a dumb ass to stay put!

I feel sorry for the bloke, because I bet the last few seconds were hell, if he managed to get out the car he had enough time to panic and be aware of what was about to happen to him! I hope for his sake the first impact was the one that killed him!

Last edited by C4P5I; 11-02-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:32 PM
cossiejay
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C4P5I
Think someone said the car was facing the central reservation at a angle? That means the drivers side was facing up the caridge way...

Ha! think it would take massive balls to stay in that drivers seat!

To be fair I think I'ed fancy my chances making a run for it rather than sitting there looking to your right out the window while cars come straight towards you at 70+ theres at the best of times... two bits of 3mm steel and a plastic door card between you and the front of a HGV, maby another wimpy 3mm thick crash bar inside the door

Meh... maby if the car was facing down the carridge way I might stay put and prepair myself for a big thump up the rear end, but not if I was about to be plowed into sideways, anyones adrenalin would start rushing then and you would instantly think of getting out of there.

No one in their right mind would put radio 2 on and spark a fag up and ponder for afew mins about what to do would they, course not you'd be out of the car faster than a rocket, you would have to be a dumb ass to stay put!

I feel sorry for the bloke, because I bet the last few seconds were hell, if he managed to get out the car he had enough time to panic and be aware of what was about to happen to him! I hope for his sake the first impact was the one that killed him!
stuff the car I would have run like hell out of there