General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

best way going self employed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 08:27 PM
rst-g
ZETEC TURBO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best way going self employed?

As above looking at going self employed as mobile mechanic but very unsure of how to go about it, had a look on the internet but not much help has anyone on here got any advice???
Old 08-01-2013, 08:30 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

soul trader mate just register with tax office and your away i been mobile for nearly 3 years
Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 PM
rst-g
ZETEC TURBO

Nice one thats pointed me in the right direction just had another flick on the net an found bit more and dont sound to bad to set up dont see the point in lining my bosses pocket all the time and getting no thanks for it so gonna have a crack at it myself just need rid off a few bills first
Old 08-01-2013, 08:52 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

anything you wanna know just ask mate!
Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 PM
R-A-J
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gis a bell tomorrow evening Gareth mate (07894636707) I used a friend who is an accountant and now helps me run 2 business, its a bit daunting at first but its like anything ust got to keep at it and be strickt with book keeping etc.

If you look through my facebook friends his name is stephen kell, top lad and fantastic with the number
Old 08-01-2013, 09:00 PM
rst-g
ZETEC TURBO

Originally Posted by saph4be
anything you wanna know just ask mate!
Originally Posted by R-A-J
gis a bell tomorrow evening Gareth mate (07894636707) I used a friend who is an accountant and now helps me run 2 business, its a bit daunting at first but its like anything ust got to keep at it and be strickt with book keeping etc.

If you look through my facebook friends his name is stephen kell, top lad and fantastic with the number
Thanks lads
Old 08-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Daveysaff
Skint Passionford User

Stick your head into your bank G, When I was locksmithing, HSBC set everything up for me pretty much.
Gave me a credit card with a decent rate for my initial start up costs and didnt charge any banking fees for the first 2 years.
The banks get massive incentives from the government to help out and help start new businesses, go get it done

PS, did the bear win you any brownie points btw?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Fordmad!
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Natwest are good for starting off. I had 2 years free overdraft and free interest credit cards which is handy starting off (not sure if they still do that)

Main thing when you doo start off is advertise EVERYWHERE you can but my advice would be stay away from the big advertising companies, yell etc.

As for accounts i do my own its easy enough or you can get good accountants for peanuts just ask around first.

Best thing you can do in my opinion you'll never look back but be prepared for a slow start!

Good luck matey!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Natwest is good for the first 2 years with no charges,then after that you get raped for putting money in and taking it out and leaving it in

Santander is better.
Old 21-01-2013, 09:33 PM
rst-g
ZETEC TURBO

Originally Posted by Daveysaff
Stick your head into your bank G, When I was locksmithing, HSBC set everything up for me pretty much.
Gave me a credit card with a decent rate for my initial start up costs and didnt charge any banking fees for the first 2 years.
The banks get massive incentives from the government to help out and help start new businesses, go get it done

PS, did the bear win you any brownie points btw?
Originally Posted by Fordmad!
Natwest are good for starting off. I had 2 years free overdraft and free interest credit cards which is handy starting off (not sure if they still do that)

Main thing when you doo start off is advertise EVERYWHERE you can but my advice would be stay away from the big advertising companies, yell etc.

As for accounts i do my own its easy enough or you can get good accountants for peanuts just ask around first.

Best thing you can do in my opinion you'll never look back but be prepared for a slow start!

Good luck matey!
Originally Posted by Retro Al
Natwest is good for the first 2 years with no charges,then after that you get raped for putting money in and taking it out and leaving it in

Santander is better.
thanks for all the info an help lads
dave the bear got me mega brownie points!!!!!!!!!!