General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Is Ian still at Power Engineering?

Search this Thread

Old 22-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Stu_K
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Ian still at Power Engineering?

I need my MFI RST set up but heard he'd left.
Old 22-12-2012, 10:40 PM
neilnewboy
Regular Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately this is true, there is another fella there now, give them a call regardless...
Old 23-12-2012, 05:23 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That clown Ian has gone to the AA from what a couple of people have said to me. If he wasn't such a depressive cock end then he could have been a very good tuner.
Old 23-12-2012, 05:42 PM
car.crash
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by GUZZLER
That clown Ian has gone to the AA from what a couple of people have said to me. If he wasn't such a depressive cock end then he could have been a very good tuner.
That's pretty uncalled for. Iain was a nice guy, wasn't out to turn anyone over and helped tons of people out.
Old 23-12-2012, 06:50 PM
rhinopower
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by car.crash
That's pretty uncalled for. Iain was a nice guy, wasn't out to turn anyone over and helped tons of people out.
Totally agree, did me a few good turns and I was just another customer. People move on to do different things and just like a change of scenery, I'm going from a skilled profession to a simpler job. Who wants more things to stress about these days?
Old 23-12-2012, 07:15 PM
cozy777
PassionFord Regular

Old 23-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

There's alot more gone on chaps than you know. Matt has his reasons, and they're his and his alone. Ian never did anything to me at all so I have no beef with him personally at all - Matt has, and as I said they're his reasons.
Old 23-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by rhinopower
Totally agree, did me a few good turns and I was just another customer. People move on to do different things and just like a change of scenery, I'm going from a skilled profession to a simpler job. Who wants more things to stress about these days?

Life is to important to be getting stressed.Work to live not live to work.
Old 23-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by Glenn_
Life is to important to be getting stressed.Work to live not live to work.
Never a truer word spoken Glenn, never a truer word spoken.
Old 23-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Your only a number at the end of the day.Your employees dont care that much about you.

I work with a few lads and they would do anything for the company and there no better thought of.I l enjoy my job but i go to work do my job and then come home.
Old 23-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

I enjoy what I do and most of the people I work with but I go there to get paid, not for love - as do most people.
Old 23-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Yeh defo agree.We go to work for the money.Why go to work to graft like fook when you can go to work and just take your time.I dont wanna sound like a lazy coont but thats how i think.
Old 23-12-2012, 08:46 PM
phil_rs
yam yammer

Give Jano @ Oddkid a call.... he is one of the best around and cheapest for MFI setups
Old 23-12-2012, 08:48 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I was friends with Iain since the mid 90's and we used to get on and work very well together, but going back to work above him didn't seem to go to well with him so he saw it fine to slag me off to whoever he could and cost me money, as an employee he was an arrogant prick who got above his station, he along with others helped bring Powers to there knee's but were always quick to take a good wage then moan about it. Shame as such a good company has gone to waste because the people there can't work together properly.
Old 23-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

I was friends with Iain since the mid 90's and we used to get on and work very well together, but going back to work above him didn't seem to go to well with him so he saw it fine to slag me off to whoever he could and cost me money, as an employee he was an arrogant prick who got above his station, he along with others helped bring Powers to there knee's but were always quick to take a good wage then moan about it. Shame as such a good company has gone to waste because the people there can't work together properly.

I'll back matt up on this to the word

Ian can be ok if he's getting his own way but a utter wanker if not and helped powers along with Christ to be the shithole it is today
Old 23-12-2012, 09:40 PM
rhinopower

If you were his superior, and couldn't manage him in the correct way to have him working as you deemed appropriate then that's a reflection on you, not him. If he wasn't upto the job then you should of replaced him.
Old 23-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

If you were his superior, and couldn't manage him in the correct way to have him working as you deemed appropriate then that's a reflection on you, not him. If he wasn't upto the job then you should of replaced him.
Ain't quite that easy mate....like I said, there was alot more going on than you think
Old 23-12-2012, 09:50 PM
T666 FRS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ian has now moved on from PE and Zak has been given the opportunity to be fully trained and build on his experience in Ian's old position.

Zak is a top guy and very knowledgable from anyone that's dealt with him before so still worth a visit
Old 23-12-2012, 09:58 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You don't know what went on, therefore can't really comment on it, people who know me and have dealt with me know I'm honest and just with them, the way myself and my family were treated was disgusting, by people I had known years and helped out, a few years back they would have got a slap and put in there place, I have calmed down a lot in recent years and tried to be more relaxed with people, especially those I have known for over 10 years, that got me no where except with no wage for 6 months and backstabbed by people I used to class as friends..... You try to run a family with no wage for half a year plus other money you have laid out to try and help others.
Old 23-12-2012, 09:59 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by T666 FRS
Ian has now moved on from PE and Zak has been given the opportunity to be fully trained and build on his experience in Ian's old position.

Zak is a top guy and very knowledgable from anyone that's dealt with him before so still worth a visit
Zak is keen, that will make a big difference, he's a good lad as well
Old 23-12-2012, 10:12 PM
rhinopower

You don't know what went on, therefore can't really comment on it, people who know me and have dealt with me know I'm honest and just with them, the way myself and my family were treated was disgusting, by people I had known years and helped out, a few years back they would have got a slap and put in there place, I have calmed down a lot in recent years and tried to be more relaxed with people, especially those I have known for over 10 years, that got me no where except with no wage for 6 months and backstabbed by people I used to class as friends..... You try to run a family with no wage for half a year plus other money you have laid out to try and help others.
Your right i dont know what went on, and if you were fucked over that badly thats not cool. I shall keep my thoughts to myself! lol
Old 23-12-2012, 10:26 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Your right i dont know what went on, and if you were fucked over that badly thats not cool. I shall keep my thoughts to myself! lol
No worries, I didn't say much about what went on there as for some silly reason I thought I should have a little respect for them, then I looked back on it and realised they couldn't have given a shit if my house was repossessed and my kids where on the street. I gave them an ultimatum and they have now dripped me a bit of money.
Old 23-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Tarren
Advanced PassionFord User

No worries, I didn't say much about what went on there as for some silly reason I thought I should have a little respect for them, then I looked back on it and realised they couldn't have given a shit if my house was repossessed and my kids where on the street. I gave them an ultimatum and they have now dripped me a bit of money.

Shocking Matt

No one should of been treated like that full stop, regardless of whats gone on, But in all fairness I think Powers have been over for sometime now and trying to get them back up there with the best was no mean feet but fairplay for trying mate!

Onwards and upwards

Tarren
Old 23-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Tarren

Merv was the King
Old 23-12-2012, 10:52 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Tarren
Merv was the King
He is still a very good tuner, most people don't realise how advanced he is, Chris Todd works for him as we'll, they have a very good team there.
Old 23-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Tarren

Would you have no luck going down the legal route ? Not nice I know and you shouldn't have to but sometimes it's the only way

Hope you get it sorted ASAP
Old 23-12-2012, 10:58 PM
Tarren

He is still a very good tuner, most people don't realise how advanced he is, Chris Todd works for him as we'll, they have a very good team there.

Thats right mate at Ecutek next door to powers LOL!

Becoming Tuner hotspot that little estate
Old 23-12-2012, 11:02 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

At one point the was three 4x4 dyno's within 100 yards!
Old 23-12-2012, 11:03 PM
williamson

Cheers Guzzler, long time no speak, hope your keeping ok mate.

With iain left I am taking over in the dyno as said above, Ive been playing with modified cars for years and this is the next obvious step to take. Hopefully everything I've learnt in my time there already watching Iain all the time and now mapping my own car will make this transition as smooth as possible and I can't wait to get stuck in in the new year.
Old 23-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

And was any 1 of them worth a shit in a bush at one time or another lol
Old 23-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Tarren

Originally Posted by Jay,
And was any 1 of them worth a shit in a bush at one time or another lol

Fook yeah powers use to get 400bhp on greens

Old 23-12-2012, 11:23 PM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by williamson
Cheers Guzzler, long time no speak, hope your keeping ok mate.

With iain left I am taking over in the dyno as said above, Ive been playing with modified cars for years and this is the next obvious step to take. Hopefully everything I've learnt in my time there already watching Iain all the time and now mapping my own car will make this transition as smooth as possible and I can't wait to get stuck in in the new year.
You need to get one of your buddies to run the reception/office, someone with some manners and get up and go, get rid of that over paid useless twat and the glorified driver and that company might stand half a chance.
I have faith in you Zak, you've been around the scene a long time, just make sure you start getting up to speed with more modern tuning, diesel mapping etc. keep Iain on side for advise, he has a great knowledge, just a shame he was sheltered and breast fed for 30 years..... Merv and Chris are always willing to help, as long as you want to help yourself.
Old 24-12-2012, 05:15 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarren
Merv was the King
the guy with the ponytail?

who's holiday snaps were plastered all over the toilet door?

if so, yup, always hooked me up with news, be it good or bad, normally bad
Old 24-12-2012, 05:33 AM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Originally Posted by dojj
the guy with the ponytail?

who's holiday snaps were plastered all over the toilet door?

if so, yup, always hooked me up with news, be it good or bad, normally bad
That's him Dojj - Merv was the man - end of.
Old 24-12-2012, 06:05 AM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

I booked dyno days for the last 2 years at PE although 2011s ended in disappointment as we found out many of passionford & rsoc's high profile cars were left with pipes not secured after the spin on the dyno, Ian was in charge that day of the dyno so enough said on that one but Dan from PE did come on here and offer his apology's, all the best Zak and if Matt has faith in you thats good enough for me to maybe return in 2013 with a passionford dyno day
Old 24-12-2012, 06:54 AM
xtatiana01x

im with matt aswell

used to be a top company, and sadly run into the ground by people with no future....

i hope zak can bring it back up, good luck mate
Old 24-12-2012, 06:56 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

It was Dan who put the pipes back on with no ties/clamps, could have been an expensive mistake, although as you said, they put their hands up and dealt with it quite well
Old 24-12-2012, 07:34 AM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

It was Dan who put the pipes back on with no ties/clamps, could have been an expensive mistake, although as you said, they put their hands up and dealt with it quite well
almost was when moonstone steve had issues on way home could have ended very nasty indeed
Old 24-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Stu_K
Regular Contributor

Right then. Oddkiddcreations it is.

Cheers chaps
Stu
Old 24-12-2012, 10:23 PM
dave_s2_rst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Stu_K
Right then. Oddkiddcreations it is.

Cheers chaps
Stu

Let us know how you get on, you already know my thoughts lol

Quick Reply: Is Ian still at Power Engineering?