General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

racetech gauge ......info please

Search this Thread

Old 22-12-2012, 04:58 PM
swiftyrs
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racetech gauge ......info please

Hi all
Av bin given 2 racetech gauges , both av capilar tubes with the copper pipe running up inside , 1 is a water temp ,the other is an oil temp , both do not av the sender on the end of capilary tube.
Just wonderin can they b repaired as i believe if they were in 1 piece there's a liquid which runs inside this pipe wen in 1 piece un sender in place ????.
Was thinkin of gettin in touch with racetech , 2 c if its worth gettin them repaired .
Any info or ideas please .....thanks
Old 22-12-2012, 05:07 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

They have a gas in the end that heats up expands and moves the needle! I don't think they can be repaird a very well know seller on here sold me a race tec oil temp gauge with the end cut off and tried telling me it works fine as that's how it was in his car lol
Old 22-12-2012, 05:11 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 371 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by ajamesc
They have a gas in the end that heats up expands and moves the needle! I don't think they can be repaird a very well know seller on here sold me a race tec oil temp gauge with the end cut off and tried telling me it works fine as that's how it was in his car lol
bet i can guess who that was
Old 13-01-2013, 02:39 PM
nicksaph
PassionFord Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by swiftyrs
Hi all
Av bin given 2 racetech gauges , both av capilar tubes with the copper pipe running up inside , 1 is a water temp ,the other is an oil temp , both do not av the sender on the end of capilary tube.
Just wonderin can they b repaired as i believe if they were in 1 piece there's a liquid which runs inside this pipe wen in 1 piece un sender in place ????.
Was thinkin of gettin in touch with racetech , 2 c if its worth gettin them repaired .
Any info or ideas please .....thanks
they can be repaired mate, but it might cost more than the gauges are worth mate

these did a racetech duel oil pressure/temp gauge for me a few years back.same problem as yours the capilliary bulb had been cut off, and they replaced the whole pipe

if you don't have any joy with them mate i'll buy the water temp gauge off you

cheeRS nick

Last edited by nicksaph; 13-01-2013 at 02:41 PM.