General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Someones trying to scam me on ebay!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 09:39 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someones trying to scam me on ebay!

Hi all, firstly, I bidded on some seats on ebay and lost fair and square as they went for about £100 more than I bid, anyway, a few days later I get this email

***Do not reply to this email . Contact the seller at this e-mail address : blarry98@aol.com ***You expressed interest in an item titled "Sparco Pro 2000 bucket race rally seats perfect" (Item 7956822102) by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder. In compliance with eBay policy, the seller of that item is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price of £322.00. The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To purchase this item, don't reply to this mail, just contact the seller at blarry98@aol.com . Thank you, eBay, Inc ***Do not reply to this email . Contact the seller at this e-mail address : blarry98@aol.com ***

So I responded with ok, I'll pay £322, when can I come and get em?

I then get this reply

Hello,

If you're ready for this purchase, I need to know your eBay user ID, full name and address and as soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly).
I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Regards.

I asked where he was and he said London, not sent anything yet but nothing matches up and seats were sold and feedbacks allready been left!
Strange?
Old 09-03-2005, 09:57 PM
BUK
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

ebay do a thing now mate where if the winning bidder fails to pau or pulls out you can offer tehm to the 2nd highest bidder.

they get ebay to send you a automated email.

feedback will only have been left because of the buyer pulling out , they probably agreed to leave each other positive feedback
Old 09-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

Second chance offer has been around since eBay began, I have sent a few and have recieved a few, but not like that! I say you are trying to be scammed pal! If you still have the auction saved in your bidding/lost/watch list then send the seller a mail using the ASK SELLER A QUESTION on THAT auction, and see what he says. ALso note the email address when he reply's to you - if it's different to blarry98@aol.com then your being scammed pal
Old 09-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Big Andy W
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I asked where he was and he said London, not sent anything yet but nothing matches up and seats were sold and feedbacks allready been left!
Strange?
Not too strange! sounds like he got a mate to bid them up and he ended up buying them by accident hence the immediate feedback!!

Done it myself
Old 09-03-2005, 10:15 PM
abdr500
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thats a scam m8 i lost £700 to that just e mail the person that was on ebay selling them and ask if it was him trying to sell them on agine bet he doesnt have a clue
Old 09-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Al Bags
Advanced PassionFord User

Mate ... I KNOW this is a scam! Dont send or transfer anything anywhere!

This could be an attempt at Hijacking your eBay name, or nicking your money.
These people are making dirty use of a feature built into eBay that allows you to find bidders ID's from all auctions. Then, anyone can go after you.
I bought a DiNovo Keyboard set a few weeks back 200 - ish. Had the same thing happen .. One of the payment methods mentioned was Western Union ; )

That set any bells ringing then ???

Dont!
Old 09-03-2005, 10:20 PM
nomad

was blary98 the original seller ? i think not, its a scam matey
Old 09-03-2005, 10:48 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you check the item no you'll see the seats have allready been sold and feedback left!
Unleash the wrath of Passionford on blarry98@aol.com
Old 09-03-2005, 10:49 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

and I nearly fell for it too,he uses ebay messaging to message ya and adpots his emails acordingly, I've told ebay and they don't wanna know.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:18 PM
the strut brace
PassionFord Post Troll

its defo a scam, report it to ebay mate, 100% a scam, you would still have to go through ebay for a second chance purchase otherwise they dont get thier cut, report it mate !
Old 09-03-2005, 11:26 PM
andyescos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

they aint interest buddy,
Old 10-03-2005, 12:01 AM
nomad

Originally Posted by andyescos
they aint interest buddy,
so true
lets explain ebay,
if you sell something then ebay want 2 cuts of the pie (item listed = first cut, item sold= second cut) if you pay by PAYPAL then thats extra (paypal is owned by ebay and charges 3.5% per transaction),but if you get a problem ebay doesnt want to know, nice work if you can get it. cheers nomad
Old 10-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Crazy Canuck
Regular Contributor

Hi Andy,

Something sounds wrong. I would be against sending any money or details. If I really wanted the goods in this situation, I would ask to meet the seller and take the cash along. - and a REALLY big mate