General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

What is it with the government and snoopers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts
Default What is it with the government and snoopers?

Why are they constantly trying to ban and and make radar/speed camera detectors illegal?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that these Snoopers etc do a far better job of keeping speed down in high risk/blackspot area's than any speed camera or twat-in-a-van will ever be able too, and here's my simple logic way of working that out;

If you have a "snooper" : You drive along, maybe a little over the speed limit, then your detector beeps at you, telling you there is a camera close by, so you slow down drive along slowly till you pass the area where the detector is beeping, then maybe you speed up a little again. Point is - you REDUCED your speed in an area it was deemed nesecary to drive slowly and more carefully (maybe near a school or an accident black spot)

If you DON'T have a "snooper" : You drive along, maybe a little over the speed limit, minding your own business, the BLAM! Flash flash, your done, 3 points and a fucking fine You never slowed down, you didn't have a clue there was a cnut in a van hiding round the corner, or you didn't see that camera hidden by that convieniently overgrown tree/bush. Point is, you were not prewarned the area was deemed nesecary to drive slowly and more carefully, so speed was not REDUCED so SAFETY was NOT increased....

Tell me I am wrong!

Tell me the guv outlawing these detectors will increase safety? Surely it will REDUCE safety and INCREASE finacial revenue for the guv?

WHY IS THIS SHIT HOLE OF A COUNTRY SO FUCKING BACKWARDS ANd why the FUCK do we, the voting portion of this country (read : shithole) put up with being so blatently lied to by our decieving, lying, spinelss, good for NOTHING shitty government? We all complain about it, then we vote the fuckers back in power again
Old 09-03-2005, 08:36 PM
PhilM
PassionBMW.com Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK if you got a GPS Based one though AFAIK.....
Old 09-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Poom
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Plus if you dont have a Radar Detector you are more likely to slam your brakes on when you see a van which can cause accidents
Old 09-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Yeah they can't target them as they aren't directly aimed at beating speed camera's...

Seems the point is that in example one you lower your speed and increase safety and avoid a fine, and in example two you don't lower speed, don't increase safety, but the government get a chunk of wonga out of your pocket and into theirs
Old 09-03-2005, 09:04 PM
mmanse
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I totaly agree with what you are saying but you know the response will be if you
dont speed in the first place it would not matter!

But let's be honest we all creep over the limit some time's and if camera's really
are for safety then we should be able to have detector's to locate them and make
sure we are within the limit! other wise what's the point
Old 09-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Robin
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i don't understand how gatsos reduce ascidents coz as soon as u past it u speed up again. its all aboutt making money not saving lifes
Old 09-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Chipperx2
Advanced PassionFord User

WHY IS THIS SHIT HOLE OF A COUNTRY SO FUCKING BACKWARDS ANd why the FUCK do we, the voting portion of this country (read : shithole) put up with being so blatently lied to by our decieving, lying, spinelss, good for NOTHING shitty government? We all complain about it, then we vote the fuckers back in power again
tell me mate, who else are you gonna vote for, the torys, like their the perfect party
Old 09-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is even more funnier it the fact that drivers will not GIVE A FUCK....

I have been using my mobile EVERYDAY in the car since that was banned......
LOL...

Smokers can smoke....yet that KILLs more people that phones yet it aint illegal to do it and drive with it...

Funny that.....tax on mobiles aint the same is it...
Old 09-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Ding - don't even get me started on this alledged "ban on smoking"

It is a FACT that having a snooper in your car reduces speed more than speed camera's do, so it has to be PURELY down to money generated by gatso's and twats-in-vans... Tonight is a PERFECT example. On my way home there is a twat in a van on the sied of the road doing drivers for speeding with his mobile camera. But there a few things wrong with this picture. 1) the road he is on hasn't had more than a handfull of accidents since I started driving so many years ago, and you could count the number of serious accidents and fatalities on a closed fist . Secondly it is dark, his van is BLACK with the TINY'est of words on the SIDE to say it is a police van (ie it's a black transit side van, your coming towards it so you can only see the back - no wording on the back of it, and on the side there is POLICE SPEED CAMERA UNIT or similar in grey lettering about 3 inches tall THere's no signs, no flouresent or anything like that....

I want to know why he is on that road? It's not a black spot, it's not a dangerous road there's not a school near it, nor any traffic lights, roundabouts etc. It's not narrow or twisty. Perfect bit of road.

Fucking money making SCUM Trying to sweeten everything up by claiming it is all about safety. Safety my fucking arse - safety don't pay, crime does
Old 09-03-2005, 09:40 PM
mrviper
Advanced PassionFord User

im suprised some of those white vans hasnt been done over

would be funny to throw in a fake hand granade and see all the blokes run from the van

all the bastards want is ya money