General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

CAI an turbo engines

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Chaz888
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI an turbo engines

Just been thinking about this as I have a viper kit on the skodi ,one side of my thinking is that any cooling of intake air flow is good and has a mild effect ,but then the other side of this is heat tranfer from the turbine house is so great that the CAI has no effect and the SIC dose all the cooling anyhow and I should not bother with the CAI pipe and enjoy the clearer sound of turbo spool and dv woosh ! , so is a CAI system effective ? your thoughts are welcome .
Old 01-12-2012, 05:22 PM
the_frozen_one
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaz888
Just been thinking about this as I have a viper kit on the skodi ,one side of my thinking is that any cooling of intake air flow is good and has a mild effect ,but then the other side of this is heat tranfer from the turbine house is so great that the CAI has no effect and the SIC dose all the cooling anyhow and I should not bother with the CAI pipe and enjoy the clearer sound of turbo spool and dv woosh ! , so is a CAI system effective ? your thoughts are welcome .
Long as you get a proper cold air feed it'll help, the colder the air is at entry to the compressor the colder it'll be when it gets out the other side