General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Jobsworth Traffic Cop

Search this Thread

Old 25-11-2012, 09:18 AM
neilrev
Regular Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stephenbatey
I agree I can be a proper cunt, but I won't be the bell end who kills someone's child, parent or loved one because the said bell end was on his or her phone whilst driving!
Grow up and give your head a shake ffs!
for your information i dont use the phone while driving since the law was changed, dont want the 3 points.
Old 25-11-2012, 09:21 AM
stephenbatey
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by neilrev
for your information i dont use the phone while driving since the law was changed, dont want the 3 points.
Fair enough but you implied using your mobile whilst driving doesn't risk lives. It does.
Old 25-11-2012, 09:30 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

who's lives are they risking though?

the lives of other road users?

their own lives?

the lives of pedestrians who have somehow wandered into the road without looking while they were on the phone and not listening to the approaching traffic and totally oblivious to their surroundings?

"road users" and "risking lives" is the same category as "they" when peole can't put a name to the individuals they want to name

like "those bastards" or "them conspirators" and the like
Old 25-11-2012, 10:24 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

thats all i was trying to say. some people can have a fag, change a cd, chat to someone and still be in control. its the few that can't that spoil things for everyone.
they think thay can, but are they really? typical misguided self belief of (mostly young) men
Old 25-11-2012, 10:29 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
like "those bastards" or "them conspirators" and the like

Ahh, you mean the government lol
Old 25-11-2012, 10:42 AM
dojj

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Ahh, you mean the government lol
assuming the spanish inquisition already have your address, i won't be surprised if this is your last post
Old 25-11-2012, 11:38 AM
BigChuck
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

pmsl at people saying you break the law, copper was within his rights blah blah, fuck off| he was being a cunt, end of. also another thing that pisses me off is people saying driving on the phone risks lives. well to some drivers who can't do two things at once without crashing it is risking lives cos they are wank but most of us can drive perfectly well and do something else at the same time. as usual its the few who ruin it for the many.
i bet 90% of people who have had accidents and killed or hurt people while on the phone or doing something else thought they were more than capable of doing the two things at once.
Old 25-11-2012, 01:46 PM
neilrev
Regular Contributor

i've been driving 25 years accident free. i must be doing something right, but i agree some people do lose their concentration when on the phone, having a fag etc.
Old 25-11-2012, 04:25 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

i've been driving 25 years accident free. i must be doing something right, but i agree some people do lose their concentration when on the phone, having a fag etc.
I was going to rip into you mercilessly when i read your first post as i thought you were going to defend using a mobile whilst driving. I'm glad i didn't and read a few more of your posts in this thread as i can now see that you also disagree with mobile use whilst driving .
My 1st floor office window overlooks the main route off the industrial estate that i work on and from that height you can see dozens of people on their phones every night (or picking their noses).
Old 25-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You know, back in the good old days before mobile phone use was made illegal, I successfully drove hundreds of thousands of miles, many of them on my phone, and never killed myself or anyone else.

I won't pretend they aren't a distraction because I did miss a few motorway junctions or turnings, but I've done that when hands-free as well. In my experience, the time when a cigarette stuck to my lip and I nipped the burning end into my lap was a much bigger danger to my family jewels and to other road-users but smoking at the wheel is still legal!

I don't think phones are as lethal in the hands of everyone as a lot of people would make out. Maybe I'm wired differently, but I could cope with multitasking. Some other people shouldn't be allowed to use a phone at all under any circumstances and we could start by banning anyone who uses one to vote for X-Factor, I'm A Nonentity, or Strictly Come Dancing.
Old 26-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No sympahy for people being caught on there phones. Friend of a friend was killed on his motorbike when a lass on her mobile phone drifted from her lane and hit 5 of them head on killing one and seriously injuring the other 4.
Old 26-11-2012, 06:45 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
My 1st floor office window overlooks the main route off the industrial estate that i work on and from that height you can see dozens of people on their phones every night (or picking their noses).
So which causes the most accidents when you're watching ?
Old 26-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Dennis_Wiseman
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
You know, back in the good old days before mobile phone use was made illegal, I successfully drove hundreds of thousands of miles, many of them on my phone, and never killed myself or anyone else.

I won't pretend they aren't a distraction because I did miss a few motorway junctions or turnings, but I've done that when hands-free as well. In my experience, the time when a cigarette stuck to my lip and I nipped the burning end into my lap was a much bigger danger to my family jewels and to other road-users but smoking at the wheel is still legal!

I don't think phones are as lethal in the hands of everyone as a lot of people would make out. Maybe I'm wired differently, but I could cope with multitasking. Some other people shouldn't be allowed to use a phone at all under any circumstances and we could start by banning anyone who uses one to vote for X-Factor, I'm A Nonentity, or Strictly Come Dancing.

Its like drink driving. How many people drove home pissed on Staurday night, never got caught and never had a accident?. Probably hundreds but it just takes that one slip up to turn into a disaster.
Old 26-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You know, I don't disagree with a word of that and I don't actually approve of drink driving, legal or not, so guess that's a double-standard on my part.

The thing is, though, that plenty of people have accidents without drink or phones being involved, just the same as folk DO have accidents BECAUSE of these factors.
Old 26-11-2012, 09:54 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by Dennis_Wiseman
Its like drink driving. How many people drove home pissed on Staurday night, never got caught and never had a accident?. Probably hundreds but it just takes that one slip up to turn into a disaster.
It's like sober driving too. How many people have had no drink and made a slip and it's turned into a disaster ?
These days....I suspect a lot more sober people crash than drunk ones. And of course drunk in the eyes of the law is a very vague description, a bit like the silly phone laws.

They deem you to be using your phone whilst driving even if your sitting parked safely, off the road, handbrake on, but keys in the ignition.

And they deem someone to be drunk at the legal limit, although they may be perfectly competent, especially compared to some sober drivers with no brains. But they also classify that the exact same as someone who's drunk 2 bottles of vodka and cant even stand or see 2 ft in front of them.

There may be some good intention with some laws....but they are well fucked up in many ways too.
Old 27-11-2012, 01:30 PM
7sean7m7
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got pulled not long ago for my plates, yes there were illigal but i even showed him that i had some plates on order and were coming in the post any day but he just wouldn't have it.

Most annoying part was that he was driving the other way, turned into a housing estate to turn round, sped to catch me back up to give me the Ł60 fine.

Have a nice Christmas party, fuckers.
Old 27-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

who did you upset to get arrested??

did they do the usual impound the car for inconvenience or had you stopped in a safe place to leave it parked up??

Thats always a good little earner for them if you fail the attitude test is to have the car taken to the yard and you pay for recovery and storage.

Happened to a mate. Was to be arrested for assault, pulled by 5-0 street next to where he lives, perfectly safe and legal to leave car yet they had it recovered anyway.
Old 27-11-2012, 09:44 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Zetec S Hayley
What a prick lol
What a silly tart lol . Read the next post after your reply to me (by Alps Pacino) and if you still think driving and using a mobile is acceptable then you're unlikely to ever change your opinion and i just hope for the sake of others that your never in that position.
So which causes the most accidents when you're watching ?
Fortunately i haven't seen any accidents but if there's just one in ten years due to mobile phone use then it's one too many as it's basically an avoidable accident.
Old 27-11-2012, 10:23 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Fortunately i haven't seen any accidents but if there's just one in ten years due to mobile phone use then it's one too many as it's basically an avoidable accident.
Don't ya know all accidents are avoidable...so much so that they dont call them accidents anymore. They call them collisions. I guess only because the retards who try and brainwash everyone with propaganda cannot understand what the word accident means.

There are many causes, the biggest being stupid people behind a wheel. Phones are a distraction, there is no doubt. But is using a phone whilst driving always dangerous ? Absolutely not.

There are more sober people, and people not holding a phone causing accidents than there are doing those things. That has to be the biggest alarm call of all, yet they ignore it and target the minorities.
Or simply target people who may cause an accident, rather than targeting and educating those who have caused accidents.
It's like that bullshit speed awareness course. They offer it to people who have basically done sweet FA wrong, yet people who have maybe been driving well over a limit and driving in a manner that would cause risks dont get any form of education. That is just mental.

The government either dont have a fucking clue about road safety improvements, or they simply do not care, and the only thing that matters to them is raking in hard cash. Because in my eyes, they do very little to improve road safety with genuine intent.
Old 27-11-2012, 10:55 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

^^^^^I agree with what you are saying mate as you are quite right in what you say but at the end of the day it's all about minimising risks. For an extreme example if you have a drunk driver, drugged up and using their phone whilst driving that is one hell of a dangerous person to be behind a wheel and a very high likelihood of an accident/collision waiting to happen but if you make all of these things illegal so that nobody does them (in a perfect world) then you remove or drastically reduce the likelihood of that accident/collision happening.
Old 27-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Dennis_Wiseman
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't ya know all accidents are avoidable...so much so that they dont call them accidents anymore. They call them collisions. I guess only because the retards who try and brainwash everyone with propaganda cannot understand what the word accident means.

There are many causes, the biggest being stupid people behind a wheel. Phones are a distraction, there is no doubt. But is using a phone whilst driving always dangerous ? Absolutely not.

There are more sober people, and people not holding a phone causing accidents than there are doing those things. That has to be the biggest alarm call of all, yet they ignore it and target the minorities.
Or simply target people who may cause an accident, rather than targeting and educating those who have caused accidents.
It's like that bullshit speed awareness course. They offer it to people who have basically done sweet FA wrong, yet people who have maybe been driving well over a limit and driving in a manner that would cause risks dont get any form of education. That is just mental.

The government either dont have a fucking clue about road safety improvements, or they simply do not care, and the only thing that matters to them is raking in hard cash. Because in my eyes, they do very little to improve road safety with genuine intent.

I think they base it on statistics like you are X amount of times more likely to have a accident using a mobile phone than someone who isn't etc etc

Other things to consider are texting which is requires eyes off the road and also being in full control when on the phone. On a straight road no problems, throw in a get out of a T junction and you have to change gear non handed which obviously means your not in full control for that split second.

When your behind someone on the phone they do swerve all over the shop. Just like when anyones smoking rubber necking etc etc. You can always tell when a driver is multi-tasking

Last edited by Dennis_Wiseman; 27-11-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 28-11-2012, 01:06 PM
thegfb
Skint V6 owner

I'm impressed at some of the insightful and well thought out contributions to this discussion
Old 28-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

On tghe other side of the coin the lass who killed the bloke and fucked up his 4 mates was actually devastated and even wanted to go to the funeral as in her eyes it was purely just an accident which it was i suppose she didnt actually intentionally go out to kill a man and severly hurt 4 others when she set of on her journey that day.

So when you get in your car and answer your phone you could be just like her and have one of those accidents that you think will never happen to you and you will have to live with yourself for the rest of your lfe knowing you have fucked up a load of peoples lives cause it was so urgent to tell your mate you have just bought another pair of nice shoes or some other completly unimportant shite.

I know i sound like a do gooder and admittedly i do actually i aint perfect but there is absolutly no excuse to use a phone while driving imo
Old 28-11-2012, 01:34 PM
D16PJM

Fuck you
to be honest your not really in a position to argure, you was in the wrong and your now saying the cop was in the wrong but he was obviously not, i also have a CU80 on my liecence and took it like a grown up, i did wrong, i got caught, simple as and the same in your case surely.
Old 28-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Allways wondered that one, do 34mph, and get a course in speed awareness, but then i dont suposed your really awear your braking the limit by 4mph

tho do 100 + and your fully aware of what your doing

Still , seems to be about the cash and not really caring!
Old 28-11-2012, 01:39 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by D16PJM
to be honest your not really in a position to argure, you was in the wrong and your now saying the cop was in the wrong but he was obviously not, i also have a CU80 on my liecence and took it like a grown up, i did wrong, i got caught, simple as and the same in your case surely.
People are never in the wrong though are they, its like thiefs that get caught robbing and its the police that are cunts for catching them lol
Old 28-11-2012, 07:17 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
On tghe other side of the coin the lass who killed the bloke and fucked up his 4 mates was actually devastated and even wanted to go to the funeral as in her eyes it was purely just an accident which it was i suppose she didnt actually intentionally go out to kill a man and severly hurt 4 others when she set of on her journey that day.

So when you get in your car and answer your phone you could be just like her and have one of those accidents that you think will never happen to you and you will have to live with yourself for the rest of your lfe knowing you have fucked up a load of peoples lives cause it was so urgent to tell your mate you have just bought another pair of nice shoes or some other completly unimportant shite.

I know i sound like a do gooder and admittedly i do actually i aint perfect but there is absolutly no excuse to use a phone while driving imo
There is also no excuse for people driving with their eyes closed, or maybe it's just their brains shut down. Nobody is perfect, but by fuck, there are some brainless blind assholes on the road, and many may never hold a phone in their hand whilst driving.
And the government do absolutely nothing to tackle them
Old 28-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by sameoutcomedifferntcause
On the other side of the coin the lad who killed the bird and fucked up her 4 mates was actually devastated and even wanted to go to the funeral as in his eyes it was purely just an accident which it was I suppose - he didn't actually intentionally go out to kill a woman and severely hurt 4 others when he set off on his journey that day.

So when you get in your car and go too fast for the conditions, or have a blow-out or hit some spilled diesel on your bike you could be just like him and have one of those accidents that you think will never happen to you and you will have to live with yourself for the rest of your life knowing you have fucked up a load of peoples lives cause it was so urgent to get home, make a sale, get to a job interview, visit your grannie, buy food for your baby or some other completely unimportant shite.

I know i sound like a do gooder and admittedly i do actually i aint perfect but there is absolutely no excuse to break a speed limit or overtake while driving imo
Any loss of life is sad but we will never get to 0 road deaths even if we brought back guys walking in front with red flags. Me and many other people have proved that some people CAN use a phone and not crash. That is a fact. Maybe those of us who can do the two things at once should have a new category on our licences?

Picking on something that has caused some accidents with some people and saying they WILL cause more accidents and then banning it for ALL people is wrong. Cutting speed limits is not the answer to road crashes when the current limit is widely ignored, even if mostpeople ignoring the limit don't crash but some of those within the limit DO!

Nor is the Scottish Government plan to cut the drink-drive limit to 50mg a solution to drink-drivers - I don't think anyone has any data on how many people are being hurt or killed by drivers in the 50-80mg bracket, and I don't think someone driving at 160mg today will be much bothered if the limit drops from 80mg to 50mg, will he?
Old 28-11-2012, 11:34 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fuck you
Aaahhhh, look at the troll trying to join in with the grown ups .
Old 29-11-2012, 03:06 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
what are these 'moody' plates? happy, sad? what mood are they in? fucking stupid word, what's it supposed to mean?
Ha Ha. It's another one of those stupid words. Bit like someone saying 'your car is sick'. Completely outrageous that someone uses the term sick to describe good.

Anyway - back to the arguing and name calling.
Old 29-11-2012, 06:47 PM
dojj

now knowing what words mean means that you are too old and stuff

word, and like ya get me and stuff
Old 29-11-2012, 06:55 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Troll.

Have you seen what I look like? Hello!

Don't start picking fights for no reason you mug....I wouldn't be surprised if you are a copper....yes one of the coppers you want to punch in the face
No i haven't seen what you look like. Hello!

What difference does your appearance make? I'm not judging you on whether you are the next Miss World or a candidate for munter of the year, the only thing i am judging you on is your inability to come up with a reason as to why the copper was wrong to give you a ticket when you have even admitted you were on the phone. Wake up, it's against the law and whether you agree with the law regarding mobile phone use whilst driving or not, coppers do have a habit of giving out fines when they catch people breaking laws.

And who's picking a fight? You're the one with all the attitude and for your information my job is not even close to being a copper.

If you do want to reply to this (which i know you can't resist) give me some reasoned logic and facts as to why you were in the right and the copper that did you was wrong and i might take you seriously but at the moment you're just coming across as a spoilt kid whingeing cause they can't take punishment.

By the way, punching coppers in the face is illegal and you may get a fine for that also. Just thought i'd point that out as you don't seem too clever on various legal aspects.

Your turn but make it worth reading.
Old 29-11-2012, 07:03 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Ha Ha. It's another one of those stupid words. Bit like someone saying 'your car is sick'. Completely outrageous that someone uses the term sick to describe good.

Anyway - back to the arguing and name calling.
It's good to have a bit of sport mate lol.