General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mk2 focus rs stolen sandy this afternoon NOW FOUND

Search this Thread

Old 20-08-2012, 05:17 PM
tom9876
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk2 focus rs stolen sandy this afternoon NOW FOUND

Mk2 focus rs stolen this afternoon from sandy rs59 bel standard white rs please keep a look out

Last edited by tom9876; 08-09-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 20-08-2012, 05:28 PM
rsfido_1989
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Live in baldock will keep an eye out, check the farms for stashed
Old 20-08-2012, 05:35 PM
tom9876
PassionFord Regular

will be going for a drive up there shortly
Old 20-08-2012, 05:45 PM
rsfido_1989

My dads missing range rover when upto meppershall but signal on tracker wasn't enough to locate it due to all the fields and barns. Turned up in Birmingham
Old 20-08-2012, 06:30 PM
tom9876
PassionFord Regular

up for the evening
Old 20-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Dal_
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm just up the road in St Neots - will keep them peeled.
Old 20-08-2012, 07:32 PM
RSNUT!

bump....
Old 20-08-2012, 09:06 PM
tom9876
PassionFord Regular

up for the evening have been out looking but no luck
Old 20-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Andyxr2

how the fuck do they steal these new cars with the security these days?
Old 20-08-2012, 09:32 PM
tom9876
PassionFord Regular

broke in to house took keys
Old 20-08-2012, 09:46 PM
rsfido_1989

Tracker?
Old 21-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rsfido_1989
My dads missing range rover when upto meppershall but signal on tracker wasn't enough to locate it due to all the fields and barns. Turned up in Birmingham
More likely meant it was on the gypsy site and the police didn't want to go after it.
Old 21-08-2012, 12:05 PM
JK12
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

yep as above!

Shame this has happened! im on a1 for work most days so will keep eye out!
Old 21-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

I really dont understand how the police can get away with deliberately not tackling gypseys.

Its not like they are an invincible army.

pitch up with 20 riot trained and tooled up cops from TAG and storm the gypsy camp and take the cars back.

sure the pikeys may run or fight but at least the vehicles are recovered even if you cant secure a conviction.
Old 21-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Warren you are of course right. Saddly it won't look good on a Home Office report. Where as knobbling a speeding driver looks great, crime detected, prosecution and a conviction. What more could politicians ask for?
Old 21-08-2012, 04:49 PM
tom9876
PassionFord Regular

car still hasn't turned up police beleve that it was stolen to order as such . nothing else was stolen apart from the focus .
Old 21-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Brendan
struggling with reality

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck, sadly I am not hopeful as I think either stolen to order or breaking for parts. Had this happen to me a long time ago. you might get lucky though, and I hope you do. Next time see if you can layer your security (PM me) this makes it really hard to steal.
Old 21-08-2012, 07:11 PM
RSLUBBY
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

word was spread at beds rsoc meeting last night all us bedford boys on look out> hope they find it mate
Old 22-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Foxymodo
Virgin

Thumbs down

White rs stolen today in Chatteris, Cambridgeshire also
Old 08-09-2012, 07:51 PM
tom9876
PassionFord Regular

update the car has been recovered by the police complete and intact . was ona pikey site in bedford . and was caught being moved to a secure storage place near santapod . aparently the cars get parked there until they need parts of them
Old 08-09-2012, 07:52 PM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

at last some good news
Old 08-09-2012, 07:58 PM
tom9876
PassionFord Regular

indeed mate but from what ive been told it was due to a tip off that the car was being moved from the site to the garage
Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

good news

Originally Posted by Brendan
Next time see if you can layer your security (PM me) this makes it really hard to steal.
nothing will make it "hard" to steal that we the members of the public can use.

The criminals just learn new techniques to get round each security method.

The key point of layered defence is to buy you time. In car security sense, to allow you time to react, eg to car alarm activation etc or buy time to scare them off.

sure in this current finance restricted police world, i seriously doubt ANY security would buy you enough time for the police to arrive and catch them but if you can put them off then thats the best you can hope for.

hopefully they will move onto easier targets.

all the security is one thing, but if they really want the keys, they will (as chip said in another thread) just ring the door bell then threaten whoever answers with a knife or firearm. anyone with family in the house would likely comply unless they were steven segal. Although i suspect even segal would initially comply until he could find an opportunity to attack
Old 08-09-2012, 08:04 PM
tom9876
PassionFord Regular

thats it if they really want something they will get it all you can do is slow them down
Old 08-09-2012, 08:18 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

we should be allowed to use african techniques like swords that swipe from under the sills or flamethrowers, or poisinous gas that goes off in the car in the event of a break in etc...
Old 08-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

we should be able to use force to defend our property from theft and damage. The current definitions on "reasonable force" and use of force to protect property are lacking in this country IMO.

however more use of force by householders will lead to more use of force by criminals but thats a risk we take and unless the government tackle the legal and society issues surrounding car crime (and crime generally) then we need some way to protect our assets.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Java=Blue
BANNED
BANNED

Hooray! ... at least 1 has been found! .. maybe people should go to this place in Bedford to browse around for the other cars that are missing ? bedford isnt That far away from either locations either...
Old 08-09-2012, 08:29 PM
neilscott83
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Possibly a silly question but will that be on the hpi register as stolen recovered now? Always thought if mine goes missing I'd want it written off preferably with the cunt's in it.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Cossie Sean
big floppy donkey dick

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by neilscott83
Possibly a silly question but will that be on the hpi register as stolen recovered now? Always thought if mine goes missing I'd want it written off preferably with the cunt's in it.
i repaired a nova GTE years ago for lads who bought and sold vauxhalls, was s/rec light front found in same street it was taken from.

brakes were non-existant so repaired pannels and investigated brakes for MOT, pedal was solid, long story short, in the glove box was a machined aluminium box with a lock on and all 4 brake pipes going in and out, turned the lock and we had a pedal!

best device ive seen fitted to a car yet, if they take it it either aint goin far or they are dead happy days either way
Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 PM
YOREVOL
YOREVOL

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
we should be able to use force to defend our property from theft and damage. The current definitions on "reasonable force" and use of force to protect property are lacking in this country IMO.

however more use of force by householders will lead to more use of force by criminals but thats a risk we take and unless the government tackle the legal and society issues surrounding car crime (and crime generally) then we need some way to protect our assets.
i'm going to risk prosecution if someone comes i my house or tries to take my car again. twice in 12 months for my cars now, a stolen car transporter trailer and all my welder,compressor and tools from my garage.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Originally Posted by Cossie Sean
brakes were non-existant so repaired pannels and investigated brakes for MOT, pedal was solid, long story short, in the glove box was a machined aluminium box with a lock on and all 4 brake pipes going in and out, turned the lock and we had a pedal!

best device ive seen fitted to a car yet, if they take it it either aint goin far or they are dead happy days either way
sadly id expect you would be up on a manslaughter charge if they died.

You cant legally set up traps to hurt burglars in the home or on your property so i suspect that would be the same on a car. Probably more so as a car on the public road is considered a public place in law (hence weapons in cars are illegal).

In this country even putting laxatives in your food to catch out student house fridge thieves or lunch thieves at work is considered illegal.

The law is strange. it views the same event as seperate crimes dispite clearly being closely linked/related.

eg in food example above, although someone shouldnt steal your food, that is a seperate legal issue to you poisoning them regardless of the fact that they wouldnt be poisoned if they didnt commit a crime.

Same with burglars getting hurt in your home. Despite them breaking the law by being there, it is entirely seperate to the "health and safety" breach that caused thier injury. madness really. H&S is about preventing avoidable accidents and taking "reasonable" precautions to reduce risk. Insane that the law considers it "reasonable" to take precautions to avoid hurting burglars. Insane how its considered "reasonable" that a burglar is on your premises.......

So fitting a device that disables a major safety feature like brakes would almost certainly be illegal. Im sure the police and the CPS would also go down the "risk to the public" route in thier prosecution as the car with no brakes could mow down a bus stop of kids or similar. Again it would be your fault despite the fact the criminal scum shouldnt be in your car, let alone driving it.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:03 PM
dangerbrian

Originally Posted by Cossie Sean
i repaired a nova GTE years ago for lads who bought and sold vauxhalls, was s/rec light front found in same street it was taken from.

like the sound of that well done that man who thought of that
Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i foiled a potential burglary of my 3 door from outside my house a good few years back by simply rewiring the fuel pump feed to a switch in the seat
i moved the seat, the switch switched off, no fuel pump, non starter
move the seat back to where you could reattach the switch, car worked fine
but this was after they had pulled one of the indicators out to try and short the wiring, then fucked the passenger door lock and door, then broke the window, pulled the steering column about and then were pushing it down the road while my old man was shouting out the window "what are you doing?"
their reply was "we are stealing your car"
they got about 100 yards down the road before they gave up and left it but it didn't help that the coppers didn't turn up for another 45 minutes
there were 5 of them mind, and they had committed armed robberies and were looking to change cars several times, the car they were in was stolen and they left that at my house while they were trying to steal mine, before they stole someone else's further up the road
Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

the probable best solution would be say on a cossie to fit a tracker with command options then set up one of the options to isolate the power to the brake booster pump

The cunts would stack it hard when the accumulator runs out of pressure and only a detailed forensic investigation would discover such a fault with the electrical supply.

You would of course need to resend a command to the unit once you know its crashed to restore the power to the brakes. Then factory restore youre phone.

Again it would need a detailed forensic investigation to discover the tracking device and to realise what had happened. The police would need to suspect a brake failure first. initial testing of the brakes would show the system operational, so unless they suspected foul play (why would they) then they would be unlikely to look further than checking the brakes work.

however if they suspect foul play you are screwed as they would eventually discover the electronics and the tracker and recover the cellphone records showing you sent the command texts to kill the brakes. But that is unlikely.

A more sensible option is to rig up the command options to cut the fuel pump and/or the ignition relays/circuits feeding the cossie loom.

no engine, no go.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Java=Blue
BANNED
BANNED

....if they tow it, doesnt matter if its got an engine or not.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Dennis_Wiseman

Always thought removable steering wheels were a damn good determent.

You can't drive off with it if it hasn't got a steering wheel nor tow it. All they can do is lift it up with a crane.

There was a guide in one of the car mags last year iirc about doing a DIY tracker using a old mobile phone.

At the end of the day if they really want your car they will get it. All you can do is make it difficult.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Java=Blue
BANNED
BANNED

..put loads of rattly metal attached to a thin rope underneath the car so when theyre nicking it they wont see them... or loads of D-locks round the wheels.... theyre a bitch to get through.

Removable steering wheels get my vote though!! ..
Old 09-09-2012, 06:40 AM
booner999
Advanced PassionFord User

d locks on the car is fine until the owner forgets and causes thousands of pounds of damage
Old 09-09-2012, 07:47 AM
david 100

I live 10 miles from Chatteris and i have seen a couple of pikys where i live driving around in a white tranist van, i will have a ride round today and keep my eye open.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Shock..Bloody pikeys.At least the car is back to its owner.

Quick Reply: Mk2 focus rs stolen sandy this afternoon NOW FOUND