General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Guess what! Another boss e-mail!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 03:27 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guess what! Another boss e-mail!!!

If I wasn't getting the sack over the last e-mail.. I am now

Hi Adela

I do understand and appreciate your concerns and I will not dispute them. But I would like to explain why.

You are aware for the last few weeks I have been extremely uncertain on what my future will be with the TTA. I also believe that the decision has already been made that shortly after my review, I will be dismissed. It is no coincidence that my conduct is slipping the closer my review gets as I have resigned myself to the fact that it is a very real possibility that I will no longer have a future with the TTA after Monday and there appears to be nothing I can do to prevent it. As a result, I am very unhappy and have been so for many weeks now as I no longer have confidence in a stable future.

There are many things I have observed over the last couple of month that help support my suspicions. Team members are being assigned new projects to work on and not myself. Basic day to day work seems to have tailed off to the point where I struggle to find work to do. Constant e-mails concerning my work which all appear to be just a method of building up a case for my dismissal. A temp has been hired, despite the fact that I feel there has not been a substantial increase in the workload to warrant it and from which he has regularly commented on having nothing to do. There has been no discussion on any coaching or training to aid me in improving. The continuing monitoring and fixed hours despite that for two months there was a dramatic improvement on both these areas. In conversations Jeff and yourself it he has been suggested that I am no longer wanted on the team. Even the body language I receive from yourself and Jeff has contributed to my current opinion.

I always enjoyed my work and developed a passion for it. But over the last few months the atmosphere has become almost oppressive. Where even the smallest mistake is harshly punished even if it was a request for advice or guidance. This has let me isolate myself and I have lost any confidence I might have had in my abilities. How am I meant to have confidence in myself when even you have admitted that you do not trust me? I also believe that, quite to my surprise, you have begun to find me intimidating, hence the constant emails rather than verbal communication. It even appears to be the general consensus of members of the team I will not have a job after Monday.

I hope be proven wrong on this. But my own suspicions or be it paranoia has left me in a position where my own mental health is declining rapidly and lacking in any enthusiasm to make an effort. Once again I find myself sleeping on average 3 hours a night. Facing the shame of telling my mother and father that my job they were so proud of me getting now appears to be coming to an end. Having to explain to Friends why I can not make a financial commitment on buying a car and having to continue to rely on them for lifts to car meetings and motor shows as I don’t believe I will have a job after Monday. I believe the only reason I still have one now is because you are restricted to procedure.

Despite the improvement made since my last reviews I feel that nothing will be taken into account. I even feel that you all have just given up on me and this has led me to give up also.

I hope you understand my feelings on this.

Stu
Oops Think I was a bit rash with this one
Old 03-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe its on purpose.

Maybe they being coonts to make u leave or so you do somthing to give them grounds to sack you?
Old 03-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Sounds fair enough to me actually and at least deserves a response
Old 03-03-2005, 03:32 PM
dvid
PassionFord Post Troll

Yep id say thats fooked it but agreed a very valid case
Old 03-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Wazzzer
PassionFord Post Whore!!

sounds fair what you've written mate, you could have just said you're all bastards!
Old 03-03-2005, 03:38 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by Wes RS
sounds fair what you've written mate, you could have just said you're all bastards!
You have no idea how tempted I was
Old 03-03-2005, 03:47 PM
WutangRS
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I always enjoyed my work and developed a passion for it. But over the last few months the atmosphere has become almost oppressive. Where even the smallest mistake is harshly punished even if it was a request for advice or guidance. This has let me isolate myself and I have lost any confidence I might have had in my abilities. How am I meant to have confidence in myself when even you have admitted that you do not trust me?

i liked that bit, lay it on thick

be as civil and professional as you can and if you still get the sack you can wait for them in a dark corner of the car park with gimp suit ball gag

Trending Topics

Old 03-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Paddy
Legend

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep a record of everything that's said and done as well as all the emails.

If you are asked to leave, to resign or even sacked, you'll have a very good case for constructive dismissal, to take to the employment tribunal

Although they might bring up record of how much time you spend on PF during the day
Old 03-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Stavros
DEYTUKURJERBS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deffo keep recors of everything, its sooo much fun throwing it all back in their faces, esp if their Bosses sees, as you can be sure they make out to their bisses like its all your fault.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Andy-R
PassionFord Post Whore!!

What a letter, if personel dont get involved there is something far wrong, if you were presenting a doctor with half what you have said there you'd be off on the sick for a good while.

Best of luck to you, whatever the outcome.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:12 PM
John Laverick
PassionFord Post Troll

Seems a very resonable, well constructed e-mail. You should expect a response to that at the very least!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:37 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

Got a responce

Hi Stuart

Thank you for emailing me to explain how you feel.

In terms of your performance and other aspects of the email, I think we should discuss these things on Monday. I want to reassure you that everything which has occurred since your last review (both positive and negative) will be taken into account and that the meeting we are having on Monday is intended to be a discussion.

In terms of procedure, as I have said to you on several occasions before, no decisions have been made regarding what will happen after the meeting being held on Monday. As I have also said neither Jeff or I are responsible for taking any decisions. On Monday we will meet and discuss how you have progressed since your 3 Month Probation Review Meeting and I will recommend whether or not I think you have met the required standards. Once we have met, the papers from the review meeting will be sent through to HR who will do a report based on this and all of the other review meetings we have had. HR will present this to ******** who will make a decision on how to progress. As I have said before, please speak with HR if you want some advice in these matters as they are there to support all employees.

In your email you say that you have not been sleeping and are unwell because of this. I really think that you should speak to your doctor about any issues you have like this so please try and get an appointment with them – as I have said previously if you are ever unwell in any way you can visit your doctor during working hours if necessary. HR can also provide support, as can the confidential advice line I mentioned to you before, here is the number again: Care First Welfare 0800 631136

As always you know that I am here to help you with anything you need, so please ask.

Thanks

Adela
She is soo full of shit and she is putting it off untill monday... know what that means I am getting the sack and I know it.