General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Where does this hose go?

Search this Thread

Old 26-06-2012, 12:36 PM
AshleyH9194

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where does this hose go?

Having trouble finding where this vacuum hose is suppose to go...

i believe its the EGR valve? and this is suppose to go somewhere on the system attached to the exhaust manifold. Am i right? if so can anyone tell me exactly where on this system it plugs onto please? as i just can't find the bit for it.

A picture would be ideal if anyone can please?

thanks

Ash
Old 26-06-2012, 04:44 PM
steve4i
Regular Contributor

normally for a boost control solinoid like that one hose would go too your actuator and the other hose would go too the inlet or another source of vac ie inlet manifold or breather pipe from the inlet
Old 26-06-2012, 06:39 PM
AshleyH9194

Iv'e already put the bottom hose into the inlet manifold as thats where i knew it was suppose to go, think i may have found it under the system that is attached to the exhaust, think its called the EGR or PCV? one of them, it runs allot better now when cold although when warm it still hesitates when i tap throttle and when it returns to idle after quickly tapping the throttle and releasing it almost stalls, the canister pump for it appears to have a crack in it and im sure its hissing too, not sure if its just that which is the problem or not, ICV has been cleaned and i reset the ecu after doing so