General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

TWAT on M25

Search this Thread

Old 20-06-2012, 11:08 AM
tommytwotanks
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TWAT on M25

BMW in 140mph M25 chase

from the bbc news site

A car travelled at speeds of up to 140mph during a police pursuit on the M25 south of London.
Police cars and a force helicopter chased the BMW coupe as it sped from the Thames Valley area into Surrey, officers said.
A rolling road block was put in place at junction six, near Godstone, to slow traffic down before a stinger device was used to stop the BMW.
A 36-year-old man from London has been arrested.
He was being questioned on suspicion of failing to stop for police and dangerous driving.
Officers used a stinger - a strip of sharp spikes placed across the carriageway - to puncture the car's tyres before surrounding it with police vehicles and bringing it to a complete halt.
The motorway was closed for 10 minutes while tyre and wheel debris was cleared away.
A Surrey Police spokesperson said: "A silver BMW coupe had been pursued by officers in both Thames Valley and the Metropolitan Police areas in connection with criminal offences, when it entered Surrey on the M25 around 2:40am.
"Officers from the Roads Policing Unit, supported by the Surrey Police helicopter, pursued the car on to the M25 anti-clockwise carriageway, where it travelled at speeds believed to be around 140mph.
"Due to the danger posed by the suspect vehicle, a decision was taken to safely stop the pursuit as soon as possible."

Last edited by tommytwotanks; 20-06-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 20-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Beetlejuice
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He probably just had to show a Corsa VXR who's boss...
Old 20-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Java=Blue
BANNED
BANNED

Old 20-06-2012, 12:20 PM
E980VTJ
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Beetlejuice
He probably just had to show a Corsa VXR who's boss...

while waggleing his middle finger
Old 20-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Bet the driver gets off more lightly than me as well
Old 20-06-2012, 12:31 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Don't see why there seems to be mass media coverage on this on yahoo etc... Big deal stuff like this happens everyday on every major road. I bet about close to 100 times a day on the M25 alone.
140 is obviously illegal, however the fact it was in the early hours of the morning might not mean it's actually dangerous.
Old 20-06-2012, 12:59 PM
E980VTJ

Originally Posted by rog
Don't see why there seems to be mass media coverage on this on yahoo etc... Big deal stuff like this happens everyday on every major road. I bet about close to 100 times a day on the M25 alone.
140 is obviously illegal, however the fact it was in the early hours of the morning might not mean it's actually dangerous.

agree,what year was the speed limit set?cars today can do alot higher speeds safley than back in the day,I normally travel at around 70 - 90 mph maybe a tad more for a second but its the other fools on the road that make it dangerous,remember watching top gear a while back and it was like only 30% of accidents involved speed(not that speed cause the accident) ,only near missies I have had on ther motorway is when people dont check there mirrors and start pulling out but I feel like 1 man army that pays all these taxes and have no input what so ever on anything,what are poeple's thoughts about when on a motorway and its 2 lanes going into 1 and you get a right prat holding up the second line like he's a police officer,even though theres sighns saying use both lanes,Im 24 and hate driving,its a chour to me now get no pleasure in day to day driving,leting it all out today lol

Trending Topics

Old 20-06-2012, 02:07 PM
NoRubNoDub
McGarrity Motorsport

The only thing dangerous about driving at high speeds on the motorway is other drivers. At silly o clock in morning and the road is empty I'll drive at any speed I fancy. How many accidents are actually due to excess speed? Isn't it something like under 4%?
Old 20-06-2012, 04:31 PM
STAFFY OWNER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Love the way you both (E980VTJ & NoRub) think other drivers are the problem when driving at speed and nothing to do with you . Maybe you two should get together and write a book to guide all of us mere mortals in the art of high speed driving then hopefully we will cause you no further problems. Why do people always think they are better drivers than they actually are and then blame others when the shit hits the fan.

Last edited by STAFFY OWNER; 20-06-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 20-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

only 140? Didnt have the balls to hit the limiter then!
Old 20-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Fil
only 140? Didnt have the balls to hit the limiter then!
I can do that up the slip road & not change into 4th . His error was too run if your caught its a fair cop, if you cant do the time dont do the crime. Unless its at night & no copter, now who's done that .
Limit was set in 1967 for 3 months , I was driveing before that & a work day was actually a race day. Great days !!!
Old 20-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by STAFFY OWNER
Love the way you both (E980VTJ & NoRub) think other drivers are the problem when driving at speed and nothing to do with you . Maybe you two should get together and write a book to guide all of us mere mortals in the art of high speed driving then hopefully we will cause you no further problems. Why do people always think they are better drivers than they actually are and then blame others when the shit hits the fan.
ill do it

Once upon a time, a person who shall remain nameless got in his car, started the engine and proceeded to drive the vehicle.
Once he entered an empty three-laned motorway at 2.30am with little to no traffic about the car was given the full right foot and had its arse raped until the little begger wouldnt go any faster.
The driver then slowed down and carried on at 'normal' cruising speeds and didnt crash, kill any old people or animals, hit another vehicle, tree, house, lamp post or cyclist.

The end.

is that good enough for you?

Last edited by Fudgey; 20-06-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 20-06-2012, 09:33 PM
E980VTJ

Originally Posted by Fudgey
ill do it

Idiots guide

Chapter 1

Once upon a time, a person who shall remain nameless got in his car, started the engine and proceeded to drive the vehicle.
Once he entered an empty three-laned motorway at 2.30am with little to no traffic about the car was given the full right foot and had its arse raped until the little begger wouldnt go any faster.
The driver then slowed down and carried on at 'normal' cruising speeds and didnt crash, kill any old people or animals, hit another vehicle, tree, house, lamp post or cyclist.

Chapter 2

If you on a motorway and the speed limit is 70 and your in the overtaking lane at 60mph with nothing in the left hand lane GET OUT THE FU***KING way,and always remember to use your indicator when switching lanes,but always beware of the idiot in front.
is that good enough for you?
its a start

Last edited by E980VTJ; 20-06-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 21-06-2012, 09:17 AM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

If you on a motorway and the speed limit is 70 and your in the overtaking lane at 60mph with nothing in the left hand lane GET OUT THE FU***KING way,and always remember to use your indicator when switching lanes,but always beware of the idiot in front.
Chapter 3

Then along came the thread hero, who arrived late because he always checked his tyres, brakes, lights and oil before he left the house, and adhered to the speed limit since the tender age of 17 years.
He took great delight in typing his replies with one hand and a smile, while he simultaneously and genty massaged his man parts, lecturing other forums members on unsanctioned use of the accelerator, and hence this wonderful story was born....
Old 21-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Fudgey
Baby Cheesus

Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

this may or may not have been me, driving a nissan 200sx on the moon behind a bmw 330d.

i thought it was going well until the Bavarian motor works machine started to pull away

ps the moon is quite bumpy and dusty and i would not recommend driving at any speed over 3mph

pps no infants, monkeys, aliens or the good lord jeebus were injured in the taking of that photograph

i thankyou.

yes i am big, and i am clever.
Old 21-06-2012, 03:48 PM
NoRubNoDub
McGarrity Motorsport

Lol priceless! Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. It's a car forum which leans towards performance fords, who here can keep a straight face and swear they have never speeded or broke an auto motive law??