General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

will the mighty t4 beat the mansize TT t38

Search this Thread

Old 22-05-2012, 01:11 PM
glockenspiel lover
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scoooby slayer
that is the exact reason i like them, less variables can only be a good thing when tuneing.
The good thing with a dd rr is there isnt any variables as its a fixed calculation..

If the car is strapped properly (which really isnt hard to do)then its not a problem either and a damn site quicker than taking wheels off etc..

I can see the pros and cons with both but at the end of the day id still always go towards the one that gave the better more realistic power figs but hey its a free choice..
Old 23-05-2012, 04:59 AM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

The fact remains we used the same hub dyno for the runs on the tall ones car
I only use the hub figures I am not interested in the pub talk estimated flywheel figures from any dyno DD or otherwise
We tried some new parts on the tall ones car the power was up 30bhp at the hubs
the tall one says it is faster now
The hub dyno says it's more powerful my arse dyno says it's more powerful the tight one says it's more powerful
so therefore it is more powerful
Perhaps you ought to try using a hub dyno before being so single minded
Aldi FTW lol
if you want to know the flywheel figures use an engine dyno, if you want to know the hub figures use a hub dyno if you want to know the wheel figures use a RR
simples really
RR's are also very good for generate massive heat on those cold winter days and make excellent work shop heaters roflol

Last edited by Turbosystems; 23-05-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Old 23-05-2012, 12:58 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by glockenspiel lover
The good thing with a dd rr is there isnt any variables as its a fixed calculation..

If the car is strapped properly (which really isnt hard to do)then its not a problem either and a damn site quicker than taking wheels off etc..

I can see the pros and cons with both but at the end of the day id still always go towards the one that gave the better more realistic power figs but hey its a free choice..

The choice of a respected sucessful tuner with a business that still does business or someone hiding behind anonymity

Old 23-05-2012, 01:02 PM
glockenspiel lover
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by It's Czech Mate
The choice of a respected sucessful tuner with a business that still does business or someone hiding behind anonymity

C.O.C.K!!!!

The dd rr is the choice of many tuners .

I take it your referring to danny again??

Did luke or ep do you any bad??if so i can understand your annoyed but you should remember although danny represented ep on here he was doing it for the good of luke and ep and not for his own benefits other than having his race car looked after..

Danny hasnt actually owned a business relating to tuning cars since 2008 and he isnt the type of bloke to hide behind anyone so if you have a problem with him just come out and say it because he is standing right beside me now and says he doesnt know you from adam??

Last edited by glockenspiel lover; 23-05-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 23-05-2012, 01:51 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Danny. Did you get your replica 'cossierich spec' engine built and mapped?

Last edited by CossieRich; 23-05-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 23-05-2012, 04:17 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by glockenspiel lover

from what ive read the only fixed calculation dyno is a dynojet as its the weight of the roller, dyno dynamics are electric resistance some how so in theory it is variable through calibration afaik.
Old 23-05-2012, 04:30 PM
v man
Zee Germans are coming

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in all seriousness who gives a shit

these are debates that will never stop so lets all move on to something else cos we are just going round in circles
Old 23-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

I wouldn't swap my DD for a hub dyno that's for sure And all the twats that slate rolling roads are normally the ones that can't afford to invest in one
Old 23-05-2012, 05:39 PM
glockenspiel lover
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Danny. Did you get your replica 'cossierich spec' engine built and mapped?
Its jd at mo rich as dan isnt here but he said to me on the phone just now that that engine was built mapped and all the graphs were posted when it was done and you even posted on thread to say well done..
It must be on here still if all threads remain??

It did 512 hp and 488lb ft i think he said..deffo std head just throats cleaned with std ports..dannys inlet cam and the rest the same as yours..
The engine is in a red escos rwd and a guy called adam owns it and its awesome..

When it first got fitted the map was tweaked more on the dd rr and it was doing 370 lb ft at 4k!!
Originally Posted by Martin-Hadland
I wouldn't swap my DD for a hub dyno that's for sure And all the twats that slate rolling roads are normally the ones that can't afford to invest in one
Thats exactly that..everyone that has had one wouldnt change it for anything..imo and many others the dd rr is the danglies..lol
Old 23-05-2012, 06:30 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JD/Danny,

Thats good then. I thought maybe he was going to be pushing it further after the initial power figures but then Danny disappeared from here. Glad its still going strong.
Old 23-05-2012, 06:39 PM
glockenspiel lover
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by CossieRich
JD/Danny,

Thats good then. I thought maybe he was going to be pushing it further after the initial power figures but then Danny disappeared from here. Glad its still going strong.
hello rich!!! its danny ere on jds account!!lol

We did push it a bit more on the rr but the power fig was still at 506 iirc on the dd and more ignition didnt help so we kept ir there..512 on engine dyno and 506 on dd rr..

We got the low down torque much better though and held on to it for a bit longer the peak torque was 488 iirc..

The car is prob the best all round road going conversions iv been in and iv prob had all conversions from 350 hp upto over 600 hp on the road myself let alone all the customers cars iv been in..

I see you sold yours mate?