General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regarding ebay and the mountain bike .. :(

Search this Thread

Old 28-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regarding ebay and the mountain bike .. :(

following on from https://passionford.com/forum/viewto...109&highlight=

ok, now it has gone to the next level, my neighbour has contacted the citizens advice bureau and they said this

To Mr. XXXXX. Thank you for your email. If this was a private sale, the buyer has very few rights against you, anywhere in the EU. If the bike left you in the condition that you described it on eBay, then you should say so to the buyer (in writing, and keep a copy).

Was this a sale within the UK? If the bike was damaged by the carrier, your duty is to chose a reliable carrier to send the goods. In UK law, once the buyer had agreed to buy the bike, it becomes his property. Once it is his property, it is covered by his insurance.

If you are in the UK a local Citizens Advice Bureau will be pleased to help you with advice, information and practical assistance if necessary. You can find a CAB convenient to you by looking in your local phone book, or by going to www.citizensadvice.org.uk <http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk> . If you sold the bike to someone abroad, please come back to us with more details of where the buyer lives and we may be able to advise you further

So, basically, I have said to him that I am staying out of it as it was just my ebay account that was used for him to bid with. I have provided him with my neighbours email address.

His argument is that its not as described, ebays "Significantly not as described" section, and its not going to be as its got damaged in transit, but it also looks like I could lose my ebay account completely!!!!!!

Any advice etc gladly appreciated!!

Old 28-02-2005, 08:29 PM
TrickyDicky
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i don't mean to be rude stu, but if the guys got e-mail address why couldn't he put it on ebay himself? to be honest i wouldn't put things on for other people due to this reason-to much hassle if it all goes tits up!

best i could suggest is offer him a full refundvia your mate) and learn from it, its okay to stand your ground and refuse but its your ebay account at stake not your neighbours-if you have lots of feedback then you'll know yourself that thats a selling point and not worth losing!

hth

Tricky
Old 28-02-2005, 08:30 PM
TONY C

YEAH, sign up for a new ebay account, lol
Old 28-02-2005, 08:33 PM
TrickyDicky

Originally Posted by TONY C
YEAH, sign up for a new ebay account, lol
Old 28-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Stu.H
10K+ Poster!!

tell ya wot tony, im well pissed off with the whole thing.

ya do someone a favour, and this happens