General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Do i need a new cluch for my ford mondeo ST24 V6?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 03:43 AM
floodyboy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Do i need a new cluch for my ford mondeo ST24 V6?

I have a ford mondeo st24 v6 2.5 litre R registration - 1998 i don't think it's been modified. When bought on 29th feb it was working fine and then a day later i went round a corner and it just stopped without warning you normally get a warning when the cluch is going but i could get gears but couldn't get cluch to bite, there was a little bit of smoke but nothing like a burnt out cluch and no smell like a burnt out cluch there was a little bit of smell but when a cluch burns out it stinks. I can get it started and put it in to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and reverse gears with foot on cluch but, when i take foot off of cluch to drive it won't drive in any gear. But i can sit and rev as normal as though it was not in gear. The car got an mot at the end of september 2011 and there was a new cluch fitted so it shouldn't be gone already as it has been hardly used. Will a whole new cluch need fitted or is it something else? Can someone please help/give advice. I need advice/help as every garage is telling me diffrent things such as new cluch, disks, full hydrolic cluch kit and fly wheel? And is it worth fixing? I know nothing about cars as im a heating and plumbing engineer so can someone give me guenuine honest advice please it would be much appreciated, thanks Ray my email is d4dog1978@gmail.com