General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Had engine mapped on scs dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
I was more getting at the first few pages when people were going ooooohh you can't do that on a .48/55/63 etc etc
Agreed, it might be that on some dynos you cant, the exact numbers to me arent really relevant a dyno is just about optimising the output and giving you a ballpark figure for comparison to engines run at other facilities.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:44 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then leave it be, why continue to pick at it? You both (you and Mike) have strong opinions with clear or possibly obscure knowledge to justify those opinions, so just leave it be, you're just not going to agree. Jimbo's even having to put his 2 pence worth in to give an impartial view because yes, SCS were being slagged off about their dyno results.

Last edited by COCHYN; 07-03-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by COCHYN
Then leave it be, why continue to pick at it? You both (you and Mike) have strong opinions with clear or possibly obscure knowledge to justify those opinions, so just leave it be, you're just not going to agree. Jimbo's even having to put his 2 pence worth in to give an impartial view because yes, SCS were being slagged off about their dyno results.
I dont want to leave it be because i dont want anyone thinking its an opinion, it isnt, its a fact, a .63 housing t34 can safely make more power than a .48 housing one can.

J1mbo knows this too, but is getting distracted by all mikes other blathering on so isnt replying as clearly as he otherwise would, plus is talking about things like drivability etc which we all know anyway and wasnt the point in question.

I dont want people getting the impression that to make more power reliably they should be using a smaller housing, as its NOT the case, larger housing will run cooler and more efficiently and safely make more power.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:01 AM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Quite simply Chip, if you carry on then you'll just look like a kid with a rattle trying to get attention....or a complete tit! We've all read what you think and what Mike believes, I personally prefer the .63 over the .48 because of how mine performs on it. But there's nothing else you can say except to go round in circles, which the next few pages WILL BE until a sensible moderator wakes up and closes the thread.

Just leave it be man, I'm sure nobody cares now

Last edited by COCHYN; 08-03-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Chip

You are making the completely incorrect assumption that I give a flying fuck what a bunch of people on a forum think of me, I dont at all.
I do however care if threads are accurate or not.

If someone leave the thread thinking im the biggest cunt ever to try and help people learn on the internet, but also thinking that a larger exhaust housing is a way to increase a turbo's ability to safely flow more air than thats a far better result IMHO than if they were to leave thinking I was awesome but that fitting a smaller housing would allow them to run more horsepower safely.

Surprises me after so long and so many posts on this forum that people can still fail to "get" me to that extent.

Totally uninterested in popularity contests, totally interested in correct and useful info.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:41 AM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Lets be honest though Chip, you always have something to say, be it positive or not (the latter mostly). Its the way you bring yourself across that makes you the Passionford troll. You might hate that title, but 9/10 you are at the start, middle and end of EVERY debatable thread that leads to the infamous arguments on this forum. With respect, maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself perhaps and allow people to make their own mistakes, its how we all learn isn't it

Last edited by COCHYN; 08-03-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Chip

Lets be honest though Chip, you always have something to say, be it positive or not (the latter mostly). Its the way you bring yourself across that makes you the Passionford troll. You might hate that title, but 9/10 you are at the start, middle and end of EVERY debatable thread that leads to the infamous arguments on this forum. With respect, maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself perhaps and allow people to make their own mistakes, its how we all learn isn't it
Interesting view, TBH doesnt seem to be shared by most people I talk to though.
Most people I interact with on here seem to realise my motivation on any technical thread is always just to do my best to make sure it is accurate.
Trolls want attention, I dont particuarly, I just want people to get the right info, I dont really care who it is from, me or anyone else is equally good IMHO.
There are only 2 times when that means a long debate, if I have made a mistake and take a while to realise it (happened once that I can think of so far but im sure it will happen again despite my best efforts for it not to, am only human after all) or when someone else insists on keeping on with incorrect counter information.
Also you make arguments sound like a bad thing, I disagree when they are informative, who wants to read a forum full of people too scared to say their honest opinion just because someone might get upset by it, would bore me to tears.
If you dont like longwinded debates/arguemtns whatever you want to call them, why are you on page 7 of a thread having one about not even the subject but about what you think might be the way one of its participants minds work? Surely that really IS trolling?

Last edited by Chip; 08-03-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:40 AM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Aaaaaanyway

Chip you're diluding yourself into thinking that your opinion is the only one that matters. Do you actually believe that everything you post should be taken as gospal, that you're always right? Have you ever thought that these people you talk to are just humouring you because they really can't be bothered with your "I know all" attitude?

Because that's how you always come across i.e. like the top suspension mount thread that you ruined because you refused to acknowledge someone (well many people actually) who knew better than you. And please don't bother trying to pedal that it's the "only time I was wrong" because then you will look like a right spanner

But alas, I stick to my original post, give up because this whole thread is all about the usual debate between the same people who will never agree on anything

Right, gotta get off this Blackberry now and get some work done on the ward... night...

Last edited by COCHYN; 08-03-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:01 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Also you make arguments sound like a bad thing, I disagree when they are informative, who wants to read a forum full of people too scared to say their honest opinion just because someone might get upset by it, would bore me to tears.
quite agree

Chip you're diluding yourself into thinking that your opinion is the only one that matters.
you still don't get it, do you? if it was just his opinion, he would put it acrosss and leave it, if it's a fact that someone has disputed he will keep on until they have accepted it as a fact.

if you don't like it, either don't visit the thread/forum, or put his posts on your ignore list and get over it.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:42 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed, it might be that on some dynos you cant, the exact numbers to me arent really relevant a dyno is just about optimising the output and giving you a ballpark figure for comparison to engines run at other facilities.
A dyno should be the most accurate way to measure an engines output.

A lot of big dyno places have to do correlation, so an engine runs the same cal etc, and has to be within a very small % tolerance on EVERYTHING - power, torque, temperatures, emissions etc
Old 08-03-2012, 07:35 AM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

If you believe that then you're as much of a diluded knob as he is to push and push...Chip never gives up until everyone believes he's God Just because he believes strongly in something, it doesn't make it true all the time. Wake up dumbass, form your own opinion and stop jumping on the band wagon

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
quite agree

you still don't get it, do you? if it was just his opinion, he would put it acrosss and leave it, if it's a fact that someone has disputed he will keep on until they have accepted it as a fact.

if you don't like it, either don't visit the thread/forum, or put his posts on your ignore list and get over it.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Chip

Aaaaaanyway

Chip you're diluding yourself into thinking that your opinion is the only one that matters. Do you actually believe that everything you post should be taken as gospal, that you're always right?

Again, I am amazed at how wide of the mark you are, its facts that matter not opinions, and the more thoroughly something is discussed the more likely the facts are what is left standing.

But alas, I stick to my original post, give up because this whole thread is all about the usual debate between the same people who will never agree on anything
Again with the missing the point totally, you'll find me and Mike for example agree on about 99% of things to do with cosworth engines etc, but there is no need for 5 pages of "yes i agree" for those 99% of times, so its only the other 1% of time that gets your attention.

I do think though if you personally want to talk for ages about a person you should go do it on facebook or whatever rather than on here, as if you think 2 people discussing turbos is boring when its so on topic for the forum, then imagine how boring most people are going to find you and me discussing me when thats so off topic.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
Indeed, OR until proved wrong of course, which is still cool cause it still means the end answer is the facts coming out which is all that matters.

Indeed.
Its quite ridiculous really that he apparently doesnt like repeating of opinions or people spamming threads, and then chooses to get that across by spamming a thread repeatedly with opinions about people, lol

Last edited by Chip; 08-03-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:23 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Porkie
Hands up who has an all singing all dancing mental spec engine on a gt** ad with nutty ported this and secret cams who now wishes they have saved their money and tried a std engine on a maxed out t34.48!!!!

I know I do!!!!

I did have a maxed out t34 but it blew so went GT30 on a relatively standard engine. Im glad the t34 went bang is all i can say. People need to try a GT on a standard engine and decent cam and get it mapped properly. Is mint

Quality 'PF, days of old thread' this is
Old 08-03-2012, 08:58 AM
CrOwSoN15
Ben

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

He probably would leave it be if you didn't continue to reply such daft comments about Chip, and nothing to do with the OP. Fair enough he's usually jumps into every debatable thread, but merely because he wants people to know the facts, not what average Joe thinks he knows about Cosworths. I'm pretty sure he knows a touch more than you, so why do you keep hating on him? Jealousy?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
I did have a maxed out t34 but it blew so went GT30 on a relatively standard engine. Im glad the t34 went bang is all i can say. People need to try a GT on a standard engine and decent cam and get it mapped properly. Is mint

Quality 'PF, days of old thread' this is
Good bit of selective quoting on Lee's comment Rich He does go on to say he's happy with his engine and I'd bet money that if we fitted a maxed out std T34'd engine to Lee's Westy he'd have it swapped back in a flash. THe beauty of a T34 is it's OE so very cheap, everyone likes cheap but not if it's at the expense of reliability.

Originally Posted by Porkie
Hands up who has an all singing all dancing mental spec engine on a gt** ad with nutty ported this and secret cams who now wishes they have saved their money and tried a std engine on a maxed out t34.48!!!!

I know I do!!!!

I actually love my current engine in westy! But reading this Bugatti muffed it... Quad turbos? Nah... You need ONE t34.48!

Last edited by Martin-Hadland; 08-03-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:08 AM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Ah don't insult my intelligence pal, there's plenty of info on this whole forum that suggests your a class A dick! Even in these (once again) countless pages of you on fine irritating form that doesn't supply info in a helpful way, but in an antagonistic drilling until people give up because of your ignorance and a thread that is once again ruined within 2 pages. So if anything, I'm surprised you're not tired of your own pathetic "holier than thou" behaviour towards everyone by now. I've always said that you seem to know what you're on about, but the way you do it ALL THE LIVE LONG FUCKING DAY isn't right...and you really think you're helping? Well then happy condescending troll boy

Again, I am amazed at how wide of the mark you are, its facts that matter not opinions, and the more thoroughly something is discussed the more likely the facts are what is left standing.

Again with the missing the point totally, you'll find me and Mike for example agree on about 99% of things to do with cosworth engines etc, but there is no need for 5 pages of "yes i agree" for those 99% of times, so its only the other 1% of time that gets your attention.

I do think though if you personally want to talk for ages about a person you should go do it on facebook or whatever rather than on here, as if you think 2 people discussing turbos is boring when its so on topic for the forum, then imagine how boring most people are going to find you and me discussing me when thats so off topic.

Last edited by COCHYN; 08-03-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Chip

If you want to talk about me rather than engines start a thread about it is your best bet rather than keep posting off topic in this one.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Mad Matt
Rally nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I find a shame is having pages and pages of stupid arguments just because someone posted facts. Looks like a french forum...
Old 08-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Martin-Hadland
1st to 200 without NOS

Received 119 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Matt
What I find a shame is having pages and pages of stupid arguments just because someone posted facts. Looks like a french forum...
Agree totally
Old 08-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Indeed, so long as you cant understand that boost control can be used to safely extend the .63 beyond what the .48 can manage there is no chance you being able to agree with me.
I understand that fully. The problem as I see it is that you are talking generically about turbos, where as I am talking about nearly 20 years experience of Cosworth engines (of various specs) specific comparing these turbos all on the same dyno (so a completely level playing field)....

Well I can say many more times thats up to the mapper, but as you arent one you dont seem to understand.
If you want 400bhp@6K rpm on a .63 you can have it, then tail the boost off after that to make sure the 400bhp doesnt get exceded at higher rpm and this will in turn manage the turbo speeds for you.
Get harvey to explain it to you, or j1mbo, im sure they will both know what I mean!
I understand it completely, it's you that doesn't .

You can't have a reliable 400bhp on a standard engine at 6000rpm with a 0.63 a/r turbine . You only have to look at the figures I have provided for you to compare of my heavily ported and big cammed engine to see that it doesn't even (quite) make 400bhp at 6000rpm, and that is with the wastegate as good as welded shut .

So if you used my perfectly specced / flowed engine / high lift cammed engine as an example and capped the boost past 6000rpm to keep the turbo safe, you would have a near 400bhp peak at 6000rpm and could hold that to 6500 and then it would drop like a stone to around 360bhp to be safe at 7000rpm. However, you lose 500rpm spool up compared to the standard engined 385bhp 0.48 a/r turbo and only gain 15bhp top end. Given the HUGE extra cost a cammed and ported engine costs over a standard one, it's not exactly value for money .

On top of that, all you have to do is extrapolate that BACKWARDS and figure out that capping the boost in a similar way on an engine equipped with a 0.63 a/r turbine with standard cams, standard ports etc is going to produce a reasonable amount less (and the reason where I got my 370bhp figure from ) - lets be conservative and say that the cams and porting only give 10-15bhp . NOW do you see where I am coming from?

Didnt realise you were after one Mike.
No problem at all, unlike you I am happy to just answer a direct question!

Its simply because the exhaust housing on the .48 increases back pressure enough that it hinders flow, so the boost required to make the engine swallow anymore air goes up and so in turn limits the turbos max rpm (385bhp on a .48 is at high boost level than require on a .63 to make the same power), where as on the .63 the engine can breathe more easily and hence the turbo can spin faster as it requires less boost for the same flow, so sees less resistance on the compressor side which acts like an air brake to limit shaft speed..

So basically "flat out" is a different speed for the shaft on the .63 than on the .48 (on a YB) Its that increase turbo speed which kills the bearings.

If you fit the .48 to a much better breathing engine, I am confident it too could then overspeed, but we're just talking about boat achors with asthma here of course.
That is what I have been saying all along .

Last edited by Mike Rainbird; 08-03-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Ima Racing
Advanced PassionFord User

The only facts in this thread is:

Chip is the definative troll
&
Rainbird is the definative homo

Old 08-03-2012, 10:50 AM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

anyway back to the .48 .63 debate
martin, what inlet cam do I need on a t34.63 with a std engine to make around 370/380 in a non road car application.. ie my race car lol

steve
Old 08-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Big Will_
Borg Warner EFR Equipped!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:05 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

To me chip comes across as a very knowledgeable poster on here with some very good input rainbird i dont see post much but again seems to know what he is on about! To be fair there argument go,s a little over my head but it seems obvious that the larger houseing will make more power safely! But to start slating someone on a personal level (no names mentioned) because you dont seem to like them or agree with what they are saying when there points come across as valid just makes you look a knob lol
Old 08-03-2012, 12:15 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by R4N S S
phh, rubish power,

Check out my T34.48 graph. 36psi peak,

I won most power of the day aswell, really pissed off all the vauxhall boys who all came out with under their claimed power
It was a vauxhall shootout day, i managed to grab a quick run lol.

Last edited by James @ M Developments.; 08-03-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 PM
carcollector
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

all of you in the naughty corner
Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

bloodyhell, you two are STILL catfighting?!

kiss and make up FFS the pair of you
Old 08-03-2012, 05:51 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

If you believe that then you're as much of a diluded knob as he is to push and push...Chip never gives up until everyone believes he's God Just because he believes strongly in something, it doesn't make it true all the time. Wake up dumbass, form your own opinion and stop jumping on the band wagon
i'm educated perfectly well to know what are facts and what is opinion in such matters, thanks very much. how about you?

i don't appreciate being called a deluded knob though, especially when you're too thick to even spell it correctly
Old 08-03-2012, 06:23 PM
slammed106
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by Mad Matt

depressingly, this is true........
Old 09-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
So if you used my perfectly specced / flowed engine / high lift cammed engine as an example and capped the boost past 6000rpm to keep the turbo safe, you would have a near 400bhp peak at 6000rpm
There you go then Mike, you got there in the end!
400bhp and safe as 385bhp from the .48 on the same engine.

Last edited by Chip; 09-03-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

What a topic! The OP's engine will be wicked and he will get a lot of enjoyment out of it no matter what the genuine power output is... a t34.48 well mapped on teh road in an old Sierra is enough for 95% of us.

The best part of this topic though, for me, was this little exchange:

So let me get this right he's ginger and drives an evo??pmsl says it all must of been bullied at school!!!!
Originally Posted by MadRod
So So funny.
Jay probably ate his enemies at school. He walks with a limp because he was shot in a gangland fight. He was an enforcer in a not very nice trade before he decided to clean up his act.
And the way the chap then totally ignored this reply and others, just hoping his earlier comment would go away... lol

Last edited by Stu @ M Developments; 09-03-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

There you go then Mike, you got there in the end!
400bhp and safe as 385bhp from the .48 on the same engine.
Where did you get THAT from ? The 400bhp @ 6000rpm is from a HEAVILY MODDED ENGINE (cams and a head fully ported by Nick Waples), the 385bhp is from a completely bog standard engine. They are NOT the same (one costs significantly more than the other . Your assumptions are based on your deluded view that you "think" you can get 400bhp from a standard Cosworth engine using a T34 with a 0.63 a/r. My factual figures (which I have posted up for you to look at) are based on years of viewing dyno sheets with these turbos on, so as I have maintained throughout, it is simply not possible to make 400bhp safely (for the turbo) on a standard engine with a 0.63 a/r.

You're just telling everyone what you "think" based on hearsay horsepower figures bandied around on the internet, when these don't stack up to what the engine dyno says .
Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Chip

Thread isnt about a standard engine mike, the 385 I was referring to was from this engine, and its this engine that im sure would do 400 on harveys dyno no problem with a .63 instead of the .48.

As I have kept saying though, dont get so caught up in exact figures, they will obviously vary from engine to engine, the KEY thing though is that any given YB will make more power safely on a .63 than a .48 yet you are quoting 385 as safe on a standard yb with a .48 but saying that will be brought down to 370 for a .63, which was and still is nonsense.

Last edited by Chip; 09-03-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:02 PM
carcollector
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by MadRod
So So funny.
Jay probably ate his enemies at school. He walks with a limp because he was shot in a gangland fight. He was an enforcer in a not very nice trade before he decided to clean up his act, hes now a pussycat with a lovely wife & works for X-Sport racing.
LOL @ Pussycat.....

still wouldnt wanna meet him when he has a bad day, although to me he has always been an angel !!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Gatecrasher
Not welcome...

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
The only facts in this thread is:

Chip is the definative troll
&
Rainbird is the definative homo

Agree 100% with this comment
Old 09-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Thread isnt about a standard engine mike, the 385 I was referring to was from this engine, and its this engine that im sure would do 400 on harveys dyno no problem with a .63 instead of the .48.

As I have kept saying though, dont get so caught up in exact figures, they will obviously vary from engine to engine, the KEY thing though is that any given YB will make more power safely on a .63 than a .48 yet you are quoting 385 as safe on a standard yb with a .48 but saying that will be brought down to 370 for a .63, which was and still is nonsense.
As I said, it may make 15bhp more, but because of the extended rev range it will be using, I don't think it would be safer. As YOU have said, the 0.48 a/r is safe because of it's natural restrictions. Remove those AND raise the working limit of the turbo by 500rpm and you loose the safety.

Combined with that, as you can see by the graphs I posted up, the 0.63 a/r looses HUGE amounts of power down the bottom end and would gain only 15bhp at the top and still be marginal reliability wise due to the extra rpm it is being worked to.

Your theory ONLY stands in an exact like for like scenario, including operating rev-range. As soon as you extend this (as you have previously admitted is the cause for the overspeeding when comparing 0.63 to a 0.48), you negate the reliability you have created by putting on the bigger turbine .
Old 09-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
As I said, it may make 15bhp more, but because of the extended rev range it will be using, I don't think it would be safer. As YOU have said, the 0.48 a/r is safe because of it's natural restrictions. Remove those AND raise the working limit of the turbo by 500rpm and you loose the safety.

Combined with that, as you can see by the graphs I posted up, the 0.63 a/r looses HUGE amounts of power down the bottom end and would gain only 15bhp at the top and still be marginal reliability wise due to the extra rpm it is being worked to.

Your theory ONLY stands in an exact like for like scenario, including operating rev-range. As soon as you extend this (as you have previously admitted is the cause for the overspeeding when comparing 0.63 to a 0.48), you negate the reliability you have created by putting on the bigger turbine .

I dont know why you keep banging on about the .48 being better lower down, I have driven and been passenger in rather a large number of these engines on both turbos you know Mike, im perfectly aware of that, you are making out like im saying the .63 is a better option, I dont think that at all hence I run a .48 housing myself, NO ONE in this thread has ever said the .63 is better at low rpm, so why have you now posted about 5 times arguing with thin air that it is

However what the .63 IS good for is safely making more power than the .48 can, as if you apply the same max turbo speed to both it will make more power for that same speed (whatever turbo speed you happen to choose as safe, which different people will vary on hence he pointlessness of specific figures).
Bottom line is the .63 housing allows you to run MORE power safely on any given engine, by improving the turbos efficiency at high flow rates and hence reducing EBP and EGT thus making the engine more efficient too, I really dont understand why you cant grasp that when its so very very simple for everyone else to understand.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Ima Racing
Advanced PassionFord User

I actually now see what Mike means, i have not read any replies until now as its boring LOL, he is saying on a STANDARD engine a .63 would need to run big boost to see 400bhp but with the .48 this fictional bollocks 385bhp is running safely because of the lower rpm peak....UNLESS u heavily modify the engine to accept the air flow the .63 can deliver to see 400bhp then would mean lower boost so safer.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
I actually now see what Mike means, i have not read any replies until now as its boring LOL, he is saying on a STANDARD engine a .63 would need to run big boost to see 400bhp but with the .48 this fictional bollocks 385bhp is running safely because of the lower rpm peak....UNLESS u heavily modify the engine to accept the air flow the .63 can deliver to see 400bhp then would mean lower boost so safer.
Standard engine - .63 can safely make more power than the .48 can
Modified engine - .63 can safely make more power than the .48 can

Mike though says the opposite, that the .48 can make MORE power than the .63 can, which is utter nonsense.

The rest of what he is saying is all fine

Quick Reply: Had engine mapped on scs dyno