General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

This is how profesionals footballers should be like

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 12:09 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is how profesionals footballers should be like

I support doncaster rovers and on the 27th october our forward billy sharp had a new born baby two days later the baby dies RIP. On the 1st november we played Middelsborough and no one expected him to play yet he he did. Makes you laugh at the likes of tevez chucking his toys out of his pram over nothing and players on 20 times less his wages come out and play still.

We lost the game but billy scored and was worth losing just to see him score and his reaction.

Quick vid of the goal and his respect to his late son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD0_R...layer_embedded

Some of his goals from last season#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcLB7q9cs9c

A lot of boro fans payed huge respect to him with comments like below

was one of the Boro fans at the game last night and must say that i have nothing but respect for Billy Sharp. I didnt know what had happened until we got in the ground but for that lad to firstly offer to play, and then score that goal shows what kind of a bloke he is.

' The respect within the away end was massive and the majority applauded his goal along with the man of the match award. Really puts everything, including the result, into perspective.

Good luck for the rest of the season, i really hope you stay up as your a credit to the championship.

RIP Luey Sharp '

Thought it was worth sharing to show not all pro players are arse holes. Billy is on 10k a week and could easily just disappear and not play again but huge respect to him.

RIP Luey Sharp
Old 03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I dont really see how playing in a football match has any bearing at all as to what sort of bloke you are in terms of grieving for a lost son.

TBH if I had lost a son 2 days before, that would be all I cared about and I dont think I would have any interest in a bit of leather going between a couple of bits of metal or not, its just a pointless game, where as being at home comforting the mother of the child would seem like a worthwhile thing to do.

Very sorry to hear about his loss though, even though I dont think that doing so and then scoring a goal somehow makes him a saint.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Camel Fiddler
Resident Camel Stalker

All over facebook this. Big respect to him as a professional and as a man. Sure he'd have dedicated his goal to his son.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

Legend, RIP to his son.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:29 PM
RickyLee53
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Sorry to hear of his loss.

It reminds me a bit of a story I ready in yesterday's paper.

Hugh Grant had a kid recently. It said, something along the lines "Hugh is pleased to be a dad and although he wasn't there at the birth he spent 30 minutes with his son and the mother the day after he was born before going on a golfing trip" WTF, i'd still class her as been a single mum!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:37 PM
opposite lock
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personaly think that is very good of him at such a time to still be part of the team goal or not. Its probably a case of rather play to keep things 'normal' and feels comfortable with it so why not? That goal is one of the best goals i've seen in a very long time, he didnt take his eye off the ball running at an angle with a defender next to him and hits the sweetest peach of a shot at the perfect moment , superb and any top player would die for a goal of this quality . RIP to his son .
Old 03-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Danny_h
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Billy played for us (Scunthorpe united) and he was everyone's favourite! Was so sad to hear about the loss and he did really well to play that match when just having a disaster such as that happen...Thoughts be with him and his family at such a hard time...

Old 03-11-2011, 01:29 PM
joffy
SLOW LEARNER

im with chip, fair enough hes got great courage to carry on doing what hes doing despite his loss, but i think his time would be better spent with his family, i doubt anyone would begrudge him a game off after losing his son
Old 03-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by RickyLee53
Hugh Grant had a kid recently. It said, something along the lines "Hugh is pleased to be a dad and although he wasn't there at the birth he spent 30 minutes with his son and the mother the day after he was born before going on a golfing trip" WTF, i'd still class her as been a single mum!
Different world
Old 03-11-2011, 03:11 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Part of the post was aimed at the likes of Tevez and premiership players who cause such uproar over something so trivial, Yet this player has such bad news and just gets on with life. Rightly or wrongly we don't know what was discussed in the family. I just thought it took great courage to play and these super stars in the higer leagues should take note and follow a true profesional such as Billy.

Sure was one of the best goals i've seen in a long time and the flick by El Hadji Diouf was awesome as well.

The Sharp - Keogh partnership was one of the best i've seen while at scunny would have liked Keogh to come to the keepmoat but will have to make do with El Hadji Diouf who just looks class in this league.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:30 PM
cesil
Virgin

Football isnt just about kicking a bag of leather around, those who dont play or follow the sport dont understand. Its full of passion and im sure he wanted to show the crowd( people at home watching) how much his lad meant. Dont see the point in comparing it with tevez, more of a personal thing to do
Old 03-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Its not realy a pointless game to him...its his job,unless you have lost somebody close to you..you will never know whats its like,it took me 2 weeks to get back to work after my brother was killed(but i was not myself for a long time),its something thats sits on your mind for a very long time and its very hard to conentrate on anything else.
Big respect to him and the goal was awesome!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:45 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
I dont really see how playing in a football match has any bearing at all as to what sort of bloke you are in terms of grieving for a lost son.
TBH if I had lost a son 2 days before, that would be all I cared about and I dont think I would have any interest in a bit of leather going between a couple of bits of metal or not, its just a pointless game, where as being at home comforting the mother of the child would seem like a worthwhile thing to do.
Very sorry to hear about his loss though, even though I dont think that doing so and then scoring a goal somehow makes him a saint.

My hero how many days you been back on this forum? how ever long its been it don't take you long to chat bollox

you won't understand because you don't play or follow the game its as easy as that

Luciano
Old 03-11-2011, 03:45 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Posted in the wrong section what a clown i am

The lads a legend in Doncaster all his footballing morals are right also not taking big money moves etc when offered. He has his head screwed on for such a young player so imagine the decision to play wasnt taken lightly either.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:50 PM
vroomtshh
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
you won't understand because you don't play or follow the game its as easy as that

What an idiotic comment.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:53 PM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

10k a week is still pretty good. I'd turn up for that, sad for his loss but don't think he's a hero, doin normal stuff must be his way of coping. Poor bastard loosing a kid tho
Old 03-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

All these people saying "All he did was kick a ball" don't get it.

It's him showing how much he loves the game and how much he loves the fans. It's also a two-fingers-up to Tevez and others who dont play for stupid reasons. Also, he dedicated the goal to his son and if you're football mad then that's a big tribute to give someone.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:19 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Forgot to add a big well done to the officials for using there common sense and not booking him for lifting his shirt over his head.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:23 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

WOW...Before the game he had 5500 followers on twitter he now has 38k. This story really has touched the footballing world. He is one of footballs nice guys and the courage he has shown is unreal.

Rooney, Tevez take note
Old 03-11-2011, 05:36 PM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

Damn Chip im gutted as your way off target on this one, Football is a game that involves a lot of loyalty, pride and passion, I was once a very die hard would not ever miss a game sort of fan for around 12 years in a row, and there was many times it landed me in trouble as was the scene in the 80s, and in teams & fans they become almost your family if you like, and you sort of grieve with them and scoring a goal in a game like that is the football world is almost like a tribute to his loss, A lot of people not into the car scene would not understand the way tributes were placed on the recent deaths of the car and bike racers, I think you have to take this one on chin Mr Chip
Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Chip

1-PD

I think that the original post implies that there is something wrong if someone were to not attend a match to grieve for their son who had just died, thats what I dont agree with.

For what its worth though, one thing I think is fantastic about this is the opposing supporters joining in the clapping to show their sympathy for him, makes a pleasant change from football fans being cunts about each others grief like all the munich and hillsborough taunts!

Last edited by Chip; 03-11-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:53 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip
1-PD

I think that the original post implies that there is something wrong if someone were to not attend a match to grieve for their son who had just died, thats what I dont agree with.

For what its worth though, one thing I think is fantastic about this is the opposing supporters joining in the clapping to show their sympathy for him, makes a pleasant change from football fans being cunts about each others grief like all the munich and hillsborough taunts!
I'm sorry if it read like that,But that isnt the case. Way of the mark.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by john
I'm sorry if it read like that,But that isnt the case. Way of the mark.

It doesn't read that way at all, just Chip trying to justify his off the mark reply.

Not a football fan either and can't fuckin stand it tbh, but him going on and scoring a goal is fantastic for him and his loved ones.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:16 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Watching the you tube vids of billy and donny has shown how far donny has come in just over 10 years from non league football to the 2nd tier. Just hope we can pick some points up quickly.

Look at the state of our old ground proper shit hole, Loved that ground fond memories. Proper ground, Proper atmosphere, Miss the old days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ksBk...eature=related
Old 03-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by Minirotty
It doesn't read that way at all, just Chip trying to justify his off the mark reply.
Nothing to justify mate, go and read my reply again, as it seems you have read something into it that isnt there, I just said in my opinion I dont see that playing a match or not make you any better a person than someone who didnt at a time like that.
Better footballer yeah, just no better person or better husband etc.

Anyway, the only bit that mattered about my reply, was that I feel deeply sorry for the bloke, cant imagine what he's going through and hope I never can!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Fullflush
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Great post John.

Some pointlessly negative people in this thread who seem happy to hijack a bright moment in a very dark situation to go on an anti football rant.

We could do without people like that really
Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 PM
opposite lock
PassionFord Post Troll

Some people dont really see it and thats fine also we all deal with it in different ways. We all have our own way and he has his way simple . I couldn't comment on what i would do as the situation isn't something i,ve had to face . Obviously he chose his decision and i respect the player for it with a nice brucey bonus of a fantastic goal which is nice . Fair play to the fella considering all.
Old 15-01-2012, 05:39 PM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just thought id pay tribute to the player mentioned again. He got offered a big money deal to another club this week and turned it down as a tribute to the fans and club of doncaster rovers of how they dealt with his sons death.

Top man
Old 16-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by john
Just thought id pay tribute to the player mentioned again. He got offered a big money deal to another club this week and turned it down as a tribute to the fans and club of doncaster rovers of how they dealt with his sons death.

Top man
Nice to see some proper loyalty to a club, rather than just to pound signs.

I was a wolves fan in my younger days and Steve Bull stayed despite lots of offers that would have seen him richer