General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ripped off by a popular seller over here...part 2

Search this Thread

Old 30-10-2011 | 12:10 AM
RickDraper
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

TBH After the first post and MK offering free parts to the guy and sending him a full refund i thought it was all over. After this one now i would tell the guy to jog on he has had his refund and I would be sending him no free parts. Just seems to be stirring it up.
Old 30-10-2011 | 01:18 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Originally Posted by RickDraper
TBH After the first post and MK offering free parts to the guy and sending him a full refund i thought it was all over. After this one now i would tell the guy to jog on he has had his refund and I would be sending him no free parts. Just seems to be stirring it up.
+1, tell him to fuck himself MK, don't send him anything for free!
Old 30-10-2011 | 01:06 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

i think MF is waiting for said parts to arrive and then he will put p another thread saying how wonderful MK was

(unless there's something wrong and then he'll complain his free stuff wasn't as described )

thing is though, he's from another part of the world and their idea of good and bad service may be totally different so i would cut him some slack for that
Old 30-10-2011 | 01:49 PM
RigPig
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by dojj
i think MF is waiting for said parts to arrive and then he will put p another thread saying how wonderful MK was

(unless there's something wrong and then he'll complain his free stuff wasn't as described )

thing is though, he's from another part of the world and their idea of good and bad service may be totally different so i would cut him some slack for that
+1 ...........
Old 30-10-2011 | 02:09 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

I think people are missing the point that SIX MONTHS is a hugely frustrating amount of time to wait, a few freebees won't give the guy his summer back! But at least the refund is sorted now, mistakes happen & at least MK has sorted it!
Old 30-10-2011 | 02:16 PM
dojj

but he's already mentioned that he wasn't bothered with the waiting, just the bits

and as the bits were custom, they were going to take a while

if he was concerned with the time frame then perhaps he would have been chasing mk a teeny bit sooner?

we will all have differing views as to what is "wrong" and what is "acceptable" and so on and so forth so as long as the person who was doing the buying and the person who was doing the selling have come to an agreement then, quiet frankly, we shouldn't be gossiping about stuff that could potentially make or break a business
Old 30-10-2011 | 02:29 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

people in the motor trade seem to have a totally different approach to timescale from the rest of the real world. 2 weeks in reality means 4 months, 6 weeks means 6 months. then its the old "but im doing it for cost" excuse as if that means anything. i might be wrong but usually when someone pays for something they generally want it or need it asap.not when someone in the motortrade finally gets around to deciding they can be bothered doing something theyve been paid for long ago.
that business plan would work well in tesco. well take your money for your shopping, well deliver it sometime in 6 months , maybe.
or maybe ive just been unlucky in the past as well.

Last edited by fuzzy; 30-10-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 30-10-2011 | 02:45 PM
dojj

it really depends on what you are paying fo though

take rod for a nice easy, everyone can understand, comparrison, he can't say to mark "i need this by then" as it's a trial and error style time scale and he's not worried about how long it takes or how much it costs, as long as it's done
Old 30-10-2011 | 02:46 PM
Mark 3D

Originally Posted by RWD_cossie_wil
I think people are missing the point that SIX MONTHS is a hugely frustrating amount of time to wait, a few freebees won't give the guy his summer back! But at least the refund is sorted now, mistakes happen & at least MK has sorted it!
lol "a few freebies" you make it sound like its a couple of stickers and a pen!!

I think we all agree and understand the frustration of the OP but he has been compensated with a £280 set of pulleys worth over half the original order which has now been refunded.

I just thought after the other OP's thread where it all got sorted that there was no need to state this in the new thread

Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon
But I wanted the parts, I have waited almost 6 months and initially we agreed for the parts being delivered after 6 weeks. If he made a mistake calculating the expenses over the job was not my fault. Anyway he should refund just when he discovered that. It is childish in my opinion for a man to act this way. I had to tell to everyone on this forum that I was ripped off and than he refunded. The paypal address and my address was sent more than once, anyway I am happy that this was resolved.

when IMO this would have sufficed

Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon
hey fellas I wanted you all to know that MK motorsport has made the refund of 627 euros. The same amount I had paid last 5th May.

Also you will notice there is no mention of the extremely generous compensation that has been offered by MK Motorsport as way of an apology!!

Just my two penneths worth !!!
Old 30-10-2011 | 02:56 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by dojj
it really depends on what you are paying fo though

take rod for a nice easy, everyone can understand, comparrison, he can't say to mark "i need this by then" as it's a trial and error style time scale and he's not worried about how long it takes or how much it costs, as long as it's done
thats not the average case though. your paying for something,which more often than not is a well tried and tested known part, your going to someone whos apparently a professional who should know the realistic timescale these things take.
in all the years i was modifying cars, with engine conversions and the like with many custom parts ive never, not once, had anything back when i was told i would whether that be a minor service or custom parts or whatever.
it ranges between minor short hold ups from "suppliers" etc and the rediculous several months involving trading standards and 1 step away from night time visits with a can of unleaded and a match.
and people give the building trade a bad press.we built a £2.5 million house in a year, 6 half million pound flats in 6 months. 6 months to not quite manage to make a part for a car?

Last edited by fuzzy; 30-10-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 30-10-2011 | 03:11 PM
r.s.2000 ginger
PassionFord Regular

He wants to get a grip MK has given him 280 quids worth of stuff for fuck all and he still had to make a new post about it. There is no pleasing some people. MK if i was you i would send him 1 pulley and then he would have something to moan about. Ho and i would buckle the fucking thing.
Old 30-10-2011 | 03:16 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

yes,fair play hes done that now but he didnt do anything for the previous 6 months though did he?
the next thread will be a mk negative for the free stuff not turning up.
Old 30-10-2011 | 03:36 PM
boy-racer-1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by fuzzy
yes,fair play hes done that now but he didnt do anything for the previous 6 months though did he?
the next thread will be a mk negative for the free stuff not turning up.
yea i dont think you can really give him any + points for offering free items to compensate no matter what the value, as he didnt receive any items before hand
Old 30-10-2011 | 04:06 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

thats not the average case though. your paying for something,which more often than not is a well tried and tested known part, your going to someone whos apparently a professional who should know the realistic timescale these things take.
in all the years i was modifying cars, with engine conversions and the like with many custom parts ive never, not once, had anything back when i was told i would whether that be a minor service or custom parts or whatever.
it ranges between minor short hold ups from "suppliers" etc and the rediculous several months involving trading standards and 1 step away from night time visits with a can of unleaded and a match.
and people give the building trade a bad press.we built a £2.5 million house in a year, 6 half million pound flats in 6 months. 6 months to not quite manage to make a part for a car?
just a few points to high light

1.how many people worked on said house & flat ?fuck loads i would think .
2. he is only 1 man
3. he sent the refund request to mk a few days before he put a thread up on here & on the 3rd post named mk .usually when a thread like this is put up its a few days before there named ,its usually put up as a wake up call to let them know there not happy (not man enough to talk to him on the phone).

4. every post this falcon numpty has put up has the words RIP OFF in it even after the full refund ,an apology & free pulleys.

5. i personally think mk did cock up as he forgot to refund him when asked ,but he has more than rectified this mistake with the apology & pulleys but he is still not happy .if i was mk i would send him a great big f**k off for being a dick.
Old 30-10-2011 | 04:13 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

it doesnt matter if your 1 man or 100 men, service and promises are just that.if you cant do it dont say you can. mk did cock up, he admitted and held his hands up long ago. my post was a more general swipe at the motor trade and those in it going by my many bad experiences rather than being aimed solely at mk.

Last edited by fuzzy; 30-10-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 30-10-2011 | 04:38 PM
fezzaboyy
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcd

Originally Posted by zetec-Sam
Oh great, just what this thread needed, an illiterate fucktard shouting crap about something he has no idea about.

Fucktard lol
Old 30-10-2011 | 07:07 PM
dojj

it doesnt matter if your 1 man or 100 men, service and promises are just that.if you cant do it dont say you can. mk did cock up, he admitted and held his hands up long ago. my post was a more general swipe at the motor trade and those in it going by my many bad experiences rather than being aimed solely at mk.
understandable yes, but, at the same time, you should understand that sometimes, things just don't work out

if the op had this thing dragged out month after month after month then that list of emails and phone calls and stuff would make a good case, but it's been 3 days and 3 posts to make the call saying "i want my money back" and the original thread

not nearly enough time considering the circumstances

in my onion any case