General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

One day of eBay scams...

Search this Thread

Old 17-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One day of eBay scams...

Thursdays must be national 'go home from work early and scam day' in Nigeria

Dear phils400,

Dear seller, Complement of the season,i have interest in buying your listed item for my cousin's birthday which is in 1 weeks time and it will take place in Nigeria and i want you to give me the total price and the shipping to Nigeria and i will be paying you by paypal or western union bidpay which is one of the best online payment and i want you to give me your full name and address including phone number and zipcode and i want the item to be shipped through DHL so that the item will get to me as soon as possible. I will be waiting for your reply soonest. Thanks.
Dear phils400,

Dear seller, Am intresting in this very item and i want to buy it for my fiance that lives in nigeria i will like you to tell me the total cost and the shipment via fedex, dhl or ups courier service and i will like to pay you through Western union money gram, okay. And if you agree with this i will like you to back to me with your contact address that i will use to make the payment and your full name with phone number. okay.I will like to hear from you asap.thank you God bless you.
Dear phils400,

hello i am willing to purchase your item and i will be paying you the buy it now price for each item ok so i need as much as possible quantity of the items available for sale ok and i will be paying via western union auction payment ok and once you receive an approved confirmation email saying the payment has been approved i want it shipped out today if you agree with my offer kindly send me your NAME,ADDRESS,QUANTITY AVAILABLE FOR SALE asap ok because of the urgent need of the item asap ok i await your reply. Regards
Dear phils400,

Hello there, How are you and your familly. i want to make an immediate purchase of this item at 350 pounds to my fiance in nigeria for his birthday coming up soonest and this has always been his dream present, and you know that the postage delivery might take some time. i want to know if i can make the payment via paypal and you will help send the item via special delivery REGISTERED ROYAL MAIL so that i can make the payment. let me know if i should go ahead with the payment, and also your paypal information. here is the shipping information of my fiance in nigeria. emmanuel sant 22 oyemekun street ifako ijaye lagos 234001 nigeria. i will be expecting your reply asap than ks
Dear phils400,

Dear seller, How are you , and how is buisness doing over there, am intrested in the immediate purchase of a piece of this item and will be paying the sum of 450 pounds plus shippment via DHL special delivery so as to save cost of shipping via bidpay money order and u will be sent confirmation and the total amount paid for proof.which you make enquires from the consult department ok,so send your full name and contcat address and the total cost , as soon as theconfirmations is sent, i will want you to ship out to the following address to my son given in the approval . pls i will want you to end the auction and send your datas for payment ok. regards
Dear phils400,

Hello, I am Sandra Jones,I live in US,Flushing to be precise.I'm relatively new to Ebay as you can see,I have never bought anything on this site.I heard its very convinient and easy thats why i'm trying it now.I like this phone and want to purcahse it as a birthday gift for my fiance up coming birthday.I will be paying you....... for this deal to be conclude very fast from my Bidpay account and i think it is better to have this transaction planely rather than me bidding for this item.I will appreciate if you can sell this item for me as matter of urgency as i realise people are ready to purchase it but i will pay you at a good price if you could sell this for me....you can reach me on sandrajs@patmail.com for better communication. Do get back to me as soon as possible. Sandra.
Also had two scammers bid high prices and subsequently had their eBay accounts deleted!

Be careful out there people, someone is always trying to steal what you have!
Old 17-02-2005, 04:41 PM
darren.cudd
PassionFord Post Troll

fucking coonts the lot of em
Old 17-02-2005, 04:43 PM
turbo.jon
Advanced PassionFord User

Had same thing last week they must think your stupid they want to make there mind up who they want to buy it for
Old 17-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Phil
Jeebus

Replied to them all and displayed the answers in the auction
Old 17-02-2005, 05:05 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Boredom threshold must be reasonably low in Nigeria at the moment
Old 17-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I feel sorry for the dude who's got 3 cousins birthdays and 9 fiances to buy for, killer month is Feb at the best of times ere in blighty let alone in the 3rd world
Old 17-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Gaaables
Advanced PassionFord User