General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

ST170 low pad wear.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 02:25 PM
mcst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ST170 low pad wear.

I just replaced the front pads on my St170 and wondered if anyone else had the same problem.
For a week now they had been intermittently grinding as though they were shot, occasionally there was very little bite again as though there was low or no material. You couldn't make it do it everytime or predict it.
About 2 weeks ago the low fluid warning would flicker so i put a dribble of fluid in to cure it as i have done in the past and they pads have gone on for 1000's more miles.

I got a new set of pads to change them today, when i pulled out the old ones and held them against the new there was only about 5/6mm of wear and plenty of material. As is usual of course the inside has worn more and on one there was slight scoring on the pad. As i'd taken it all apart i figured it best to put the new in as i had them. In the short use today it seems to have cured it.

I can't remember when i changed them last and can't find the receipt but i done front pads and discs and rear pads. I used pattern discs and ferodo pads and when i changed them they were a lot lower than these.
The caliper isn't seized, theres no leaks anywhere, and the discs aren't warped.

Also on a side note, the ferodo pads had gone up by nearly £20 since i last done them!