General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Car got broken into

Search this Thread

Old 14-08-2011, 09:12 AM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CarlosST3
I'm fully comp with Brentacre. Will ring them monday morning and find out the score as they are closed over the weekend.

Thanks for that mate, any dramas I will PM you.
no worries, i think Brentacre are the broker, ideally need to know who the underwriter is, it normally says it on your policy documents/ cert?

most Autoglass branches are open on a Sunday, i know we are because that's where i am now . You could probably get it sorted today
Old 14-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Warren, similar happened at Montgomery Lines in Aldershot. Contractor quoted like £2m to take down the accomadation blocks. Once they started they found all sorts of ammunitions, PE, det cord, 7.62 link all over and god knows what else. The project ended up in excess of £10m
probably why most barracks are taken down to a shell by hand before the machines get bought in these days saves any such "explosive incidents"

Had i known i was getting med discharged when I was last up catterick or aldershot, i would have seriously taken advantage and would be packing a nice home stash as we speak. Shame
Old 14-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worst bit is you will keep finding random bits of glass for time to come yet! Where abouts in Blackpool is it you live? Roughly? Central? South Shore?
Old 14-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LHD220Turbo
no worries, i think Brentacre are the broker, ideally need to know who the underwriter is, it normally says it on your policy documents/ cert?

most Autoglass branches are open on a Sunday, i know we are because that's where i am now . You could probably get it sorted today
What time they open till? Can they sort everything or do i need to get on to my insurer?

Yeah they are the broker. I have to go pick the car up to move it from the Mrs sisters work garage. Got to go park it at the back of the Mrs mums house tonight which is a better area so it should be safe. While doing that I will get my docks out and get on to my insurer. Should of done it straight away yesterday and find out where I stand but was too pissed off to think sensibly, just wanted the car gone and safe.

Warren, at least you have a nice collection of breathing gear, respirator, axe, durex, rubber gloves and a large tub of Vasaline lol.

Rick, i live south shore mate.
Old 14-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

hahaha i have more than that!! that was what was just close to hand at the time for the clearly staged photos

Ive still got another 4 or so kit bags of kit in my wardrobe and shed that ive not gone in since i left. Just got to wait until my reserve time is over then ebay bonanza
Old 14-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Nightmare mate. We cant have owt these days.
Old 14-08-2011, 09:46 AM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

What time they open till? Can they sort everything or do i need to get on to my insurer?

Yeah they are the broker. I have to go pick the car up to move it from the Mrs sisters work garage. Got to go park it at the back of the Mrs mums house tonight which is a better area so it should be safe. While doing that I will get my docks out and get on to my insurer. Should of done it straight away yesterday and find out where I stand but was too pissed off to think sensibly, just wanted the car gone and safe.

Warren, at least you have a nice collection of breathing gear, respirator, axe, durex, rubber gloves and a large tub of Vasaline lol.

Rick, i live south shore mate.
PM me your reg and i'll have a look, i suspect Autoglass isnt your insurers preffered repairer but no harm in me looking

also PM me your post code
Old 14-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
hahaha i have more than that!! that was what was just close to hand at the time for the clearly staged photos

Ive still got another 4 or so kit bags of kit in my wardrobe and shed that ive not gone in since i left. Just got to wait until my reserve time is over then ebay bonanza
Christ! Probably get quite a bit for all your dodgy items Warren lol. I am waiting for another Afghan tour then I get all new issued kit, bang all that on ebay afterwards.

PM me your reg and i'll have a look, i suspect Autoglass isnt your insurers preffered repairer but no harm in me looking

also PM me your post code
PM'd mate, thanks for looking.
Old 14-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Christ! Probably get quite a bit for all your dodgy items Warren lol. I am waiting for another Afghan tour then I get all new issued kit, bang all that on ebay afterwards.
im annoyed that the MoD has dared to issue a new camo pattern. Makes all mine obsolete and worth less now

its great on ebay though, anything black you can put on ebay as "as used by SAS" etc even if its also issued to RMP,Mod plod, MGS, RN etc

You active reserve then carlos?? Im reserve by name and title and supposedly supposed to do my 40 days or whatever but havent done anything this year. They are stuck with me for another 2 years i think
Old 14-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

HUGE HUGE THANK YOU TO LHD220Turbo

Thanks to this fantastic gent I now have some one coming round today to fit a piece of perspex in the door! Which is perfect as I can then find out Monday if my insurance is effected by using Autoglass or not.

Really appreciate you calling me LHD220Turbo.

PF members at thier finest again
Old 14-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

excellent news
Old 14-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

im annoyed that the MoD has dared to issue a new camo pattern. Makes all mine obsolete and worth less now

its great on ebay though, anything black you can put on ebay as "as used by SAS" etc even if its also issued to RMP,Mod plod, MGS, RN etc

You active reserve then carlos?? Im reserve by name and title and supposedly supposed to do my 40 days or whatever but havent done anything this year. They are stuck with me for another 2 years i think
I am active mate yeah. I am a Tank transporter by trade and affiliated with a squadron down south. Its part of my contract for a civi firm, a hard one to explain like but I have a contract with a civi firm and also the Army but never in any way paid by the MoD.
Sponsored Reserve is the correct term. Or Sponsored Retard to some
Old 14-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

ahh ok. so when deployed your in uniform and paid by MoD with all the "protections" thats supposed to offer or a civvy contractor?
Old 14-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ahh ok. so when deployed your in uniform and paid by MoD with all the "protections" thats supposed to offer or a civvy contractor?
i am deployed as a squaddie with the Squadron. My civi employer pay my wages who then claim from the MoD my wage plus a percentage.
Old 14-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

hope you still get AFPS benefits when deployed. I bet a civi company wouldnt help if you got hurt when deployed.
Old 14-08-2011, 10:31 AM
dangerousbrian
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make sure the door is hoovered out properly. loads of lads i know dont take the mech of fully and just bend it back and a quick hoover..then fob the customer off saying the cant reach the glass cos its stuck between door strenghtener bar etc
Old 14-08-2011, 10:41 AM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Might sound soft and stupid but I can't risk that or a reprisal on the Mrs or her house.
Sounds perfectly logical to me mate. You know who did it, so at some point in the future once your missus has moved away, if the little scrote hasn't already been wiped out then you can pay him a visit.

Originally Posted by rsmat
Carlos feel for you mate.... As per my PM
I don't know what the PM said, but I could hazard a guess... good lad Mat.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 14-08-2011, 10:43 AM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

HUGE HUGE THANK YOU TO LHD220Turbo

Thanks to this fantastic gent I now have some one coming round today to fit a piece of perspex in the door! Which is perfect as I can then find out Monday if my insurance is effected by using Autoglass or not.

Really appreciate you calling me LHD220Turbo.

PF members at thier finest again
no bother, pleased to help

cheers, matt
Old 14-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

hope you still get AFPS benefits when deployed. I bet a civi company wouldnt help if you got hurt when deployed.
Yeah we get military benefits when deployed. My civi firm don't give a shit mate. I got IED'd in my wagon, after tour I showed the MD pictures of the wagon and he was surprised I survived and that was it. No questions asking if I was ok so was left to deal on my own after tour. On tour wasn't to bad as 13 of us got blown up so we had a bit of banter over it and kept each other on the go.

Originally Posted by dangerousbrian
make sure the door is hoovered out properly. loads of lads i know dont take the mech of fully and just bend it back and a quick hoover..then fob the customer off saying the cant reach the glass cos its stuck between door strenghtener bar etc
Its a piece of perspex going in so if not I will make sure it is hoovered proper on Monday when the glass goes in.

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Sounds perfectly logical to me mate. You know who did it, so at some point in the future once your missus has moved away, if the little scrote hasn't already been wiped out then you can pay him a visit.

I don't know what the PM said, but I could hazard a guess... good lad Mat.

Cheers,
Grant
Yeah, I think you have guessed correct Grant. Mat is a top bloke.

no bother, pleased to help

cheers, matt
You are a life saver mate. I'm proper made up, thanks.
Old 14-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice one LHD220TURBO seems to be a lot more people helping each other on here now
Old 14-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Less.
Nice one LHD220TURBO seems to be a lot more people helping each other on here now
Its great! Never spoke to him on here before and has sorted me out. So refreshing to know that there are good people like this around
Old 14-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Perspex in as they had no glass. A window is getting delivered tomorrow morning at 6am so tonight leave the car at the Mrs mums house.

Thanks again for helping me out and sorting this for me mate!

Also looking on my insurance docs I have protected no claims in case this effects my insurance. Find out soon enough.
Old 14-08-2011, 06:49 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Glad we were able to come out today and sort it for you. At least the perspex looks like glass and keeps the weather out.

lets just hope the little fucker who done it gets his comeuppance one day!
Old 14-08-2011, 06:51 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

also i'm 99.9% certain it wont affect your no claims
Old 14-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

Yes you guessed right guys.... But under the circumstances my help is not needed YET... Shit like this makes my piss boil... I don't have this where I live because people round here know what the end result is.
Old 14-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Mat, last night the Mrs was shattered but would not go up stairs in case I went out and had a pop at them (had a few pints so felt brave lol)
Then earlier today when we left to take my car to her mums (much better area) one of the little cunts was sat on a high brick wall smirking at me and tapping a metal bar on the wall as I drove by. Was expecting the house to be done over when we got back.
When she moves and I build up the minerals you will be first to know rsmat!

LHD220Turbo, said it a few times now but thanks alot mate! i was starting to flap a bit over getting it sorted. Taking the car to the center tomorrow to get it done at 9. Bloke that did the perspex made me laugh "my ex was the same colour as your car!" Sound bloke as well and great service.
Even cleaned all the glass from out the whole car as I didn't bother my arse as I was fuming.

Also I( can't add reputation to you, I must spread it around first. Have I added rep before?

Last edited by Carlos-Titx; 14-08-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 14-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

i agree with matts principals on this. but its your choice if you dont want trouble or dont want to get heavy with the cowards, cos thats what they are. Not met a genuine "hard" CHAV or delinquent youth yet.
Old 15-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Window now done so happy days. Lesson learnt not to leave things on display!

I'm kind of liking the idea of once moved throwing petrol over them.

Also, any one need an iPod cable as i no longer have use for mine
Old 20-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Carlos-Titx
PassionFord Post Whore!!

GREAT NEWS!

Got home from working away and work have decided to take a days holiday off me for the monday my window was fixed. Worst bit is I was on standby so not actually working.

Bunch of tossers! Fingers crossed I can get a job in Sierra Leone, find a decent well paid job or win the lotto so I can get the hell out of there.