General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone done 24hr pit crew?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Escow-Van
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone done 24hr pit crew?

I've had an offer of making up the numbers in a Britcar endurance pit crew this weekend at Snetterton. Anyone had any experience with this or similar?
I wouldn't have thought for a second I'd be in the pit lane, just a general hand I guess.

Just weighing up whether it's worth it - could potentially be fetching a project car this weekend, and had already told my GF I'd spend Friday/Saturday with her.

Cheers
Old 11-08-2011, 08:07 PM
DrewSS
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iv worked as pit support for a number of years now only done the Britcar 24Hrs once with another company I worked for. All I can say is if you can sleep on a cold painted floor and take monday off go for it as its great fun. I regularly do the 6Hr endurance race series's and love it theres nothing more exciting than see the car your supporting coming home to finish at the same time theres nothing more gutting than seeing it die in the first hour or the last 30mins!!

All in all go for it!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 PM
ram
Has a large member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I did it for last couple years for a race team i worked for (i do race car graphics so not a mechanic!) just as an extra hand in LMS, GTopen and British GT.
wheels and tyres, deadman on fuel, airjack operator, stop board guy, setting up garage etc.

Its proper hard work but is defo an experience you dont get to do everyday.

I work in F1 now but havnt been able to go away with the team yet, i actually really miss it!

If your not in the pit lane you'll be on wheel and tyres, washing, setting up garage. but do it mate its an experience.

What team is it?