General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

where to buy good window tint film from

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:22 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Default where to buy good window tint film from

i'v searched google and couldn't find any real usefull info on what are good brands and where to get them in the uk, i know everyone will say best to pay a pro but work is slow atm and i'm fairly good with stuff like this, gunna take all the glass out bar the back window but hopefully i can keep the rear screen looking tidy by hiding the cut behind the hatch trim, has anyone have any good info of where to get quality film, i don't wanna do a good job then find it fades within a year, also if i do a shite job i can have fun getting it off
Old 05-08-2011, 05:24 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I would properly recommend going to a pro to get it done. It's VERY easy to make a mess of it. Also, don't make the mistake of buying cheap film. There is a lot of rubbish on the market, including some stuff which actually looses its 'tint'`!!

Honestly, save up for a proper job as opposed to doing it yourself and regretting it!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:38 PM
burnzy
burnzy

i know thats why i'm trying to find who actually supplies good film, i just don't think i can stretch for the Ł200 it looks like it'll cost me to have dark smoke on the back and a very light smoke on the front 2 windows, it's only for my mondeo smoker, all the other parts i'v put on it i can take off and sell on but window tints i don't think will be of much use to anyone second hand, plus i'm needing to get my hands onto doing something constructive with work being quiet hence wanting to do it myself
i'm really not shunning your advice i'v seen a load of comments saying "just pay a pro it'll be alot less hassle" ect, it's just something i really fancy having a go at

at most i'd want to atleast do the door windows and contemplate having a pro do the rear screen as that does look tricky with the amount of curve in it, and reducing the cost at the same time.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:42 PM
S2=RSTmatt
iLovecaRS''
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Halfords! LOL
Old 05-08-2011, 05:49 PM
burnzy
burnzy

i might give halfrauds a miss thankyou
Old 05-08-2011, 05:52 PM
S2=RSTmatt
iLovecaRS''
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont blame you
Old 05-08-2011, 06:27 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

I use Suntek film, it's very good and heat shrinks nicely.