General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Bluetooth Error?

Search this Thread

Old 30-07-2011, 12:07 PM
loonychippy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bluetooth Error?

I have just brought a Focus RS 2010 with a lux-pack 2, DVD SatNav, but
I cannot get the Bluetooth to work.

It has been into the Ford main dealers six times, they can get it to work as far as recieving calls and everything necessary coming up on the screen but unfortuantly there is no sound coming through the cars speakers .
They have tried swapping the pieces with another fully functioning RS, my unit works perfectly in the other car, but the unit that has been placed in my car, again does not work, showing Bluetooth. Cloning has also been tried between the two cars, and they now believe it is down to Canbus working problem?

Is anyone aware of anywhere in the management system where the Bluetooth could be turned off or on?
The dealer has offered to fit a parrot, but I believe this detracts from the future value of the car, and this causes some deal of annoyance as I wish to keep the car for many years with no adjustments made.

Is it something that people who remap ECUs, would know of a solution in this area? It's so far off, as if something has been turned off and needs to be turned back on.

It isn't a cost thing either, the car is under Warrenty, but they just seem to have gotten to a point where they are saying that it can't be done.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

cheeRS
Old 30-07-2011, 01:22 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

there is a fault with the unit wiring, but seeing as this is so complex it's got to be a ford fix, don't get fobbed off with the parrot kit as the big up radio option is not cheap
Old 30-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Hi, my name is bob the builder, I have come to fix the house I built for you in 2010. However after having a quick look I don't believe I can fix it as I do not have the knowledge to do so. Therefore, would you mind awfully if I insisted you lived in this little caravan for the duration to avoid me breaking into a sweat.

FUCK OFF.

Don't accept "we can't fix it for an answer", I certainly wouldn't.
Old 30-07-2011, 08:00 PM
RichieST
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 449 Likes on 397 Posts

Bloke I knew had a 7 series bmw, sat nav kept loosing signal all the time and resetting itself. Time after time again BMW couldn't fix it so gave him a replacement car.
Old 30-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Matt Baxter
Back in black!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Loonychippy
Who are you using, Inchape?

I,m having a problem with mine at the mo with it keep debonding my phone, so have got it booked in on monday for it to be looked at, they best not offer a parrot kit
Old 31-07-2011, 02:53 PM
loonychippy
Virgin

Default blue tooth problem

Yes it is inchcape .Its frustrating they go forward then they take everything off again you lose your car for two days at a time and it comes back exactly the same and them telling they are so close .Good luck with yours its so frustrating only want the car i bought to do what they said it should.

cheeRS
Old 31-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Matt Baxter
Back in black!

Im not going to hold out much hope mate although I was told the guy that does all the techy stuff was off when I tried to book in last week and his first day back was tomorrow, hence my car is booked in first thing really hope that it gets sorted,
good luck with yours mate, might be worth posting the problem on www.focusrsoc.com mate there are a few proper techy guys on there that might be able to help
Old 31-07-2011, 07:23 PM
loonychippy
Virgin

Default bluetooth problems

Funny that they told me steve is the electrical techy and he worked on mine last week may be worth asking, i had a chat with him seems fair enough bloke ,just not keen on giving up .
Is yours a white one?

cheeRS
Old 31-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Matt Baxter
Back in black!

Originally Posted by loonychippy
Funny that they told me steve is the electrical techy and he worked on mine last week may be worth asking, i had a chat with him seems fair enough bloke ,just not keen on giving up .
Is yours a white one?

cheeRS

I see sound like ive been lied to already then good start already

theres no way I will/would be giving up mate

Nah mines fastest colour BLUE mate whats yours then, green? have seen a few round Fleet,Farnborough & Aldershot area
Old 01-08-2011, 06:29 PM
loonychippy
Virgin

Default blue tooth problem

no mines blue also did they repair yours .joined the other rs site got a couple of replies from people with same problem or know someone who has had that problem .thinking about getting in touch with blaupunkt to try and get a diagram to let inchcape look at

cheeRS
Old 01-08-2011, 06:34 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds ridiculous, I'd be getting in touch with Ford UK to see if they can get something done.. I'd be looking at my rights as well, because you wanted and paid for Bluetooth and have gone above and beyond what's expected of you to let them rectify the situation, so I'd expect you have a rather good case for rejection of the car if it got to that stage.

Just keep a note of how many times (date/times) that the car has had to return to the dealership for them to look at it.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 01-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Matt Baxter
Back in black!

Originally Posted by loonychippy
no mines blue also did they repair yours .joined the other rs site got a couple of replies from people with same problem or know someone who has had that problem .thinking about getting in touch with blaupunkt to try and get a diagram to let inchcape look at

cheeRS

The best colour then!!

well I went to drop the car off at 0800 but when I got there they told me they had no booking for my name/ car reg, So not a good start

they called @ 11am and said it was all done,
When I went to pick it up they said they couldnt find the fault but have rebooted the bluetooth anyway,
Funny thing is I would have thought i would have need to re-pair the phone to the car if they had

Asked them to check the air con as it gets nowhere near as cold as my wifes BMW on the same setting, but all they said was its within the Ford spec

Asked them about a noise from the drivers door they said the adjusted the door latch but I know they didnt as the bilts havent moved so all in all a pretty poor effort imo