General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

BIG BIG THANKS TRO DOUG STIRLING AND BP !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BIG BIG THANKS TRO DOUG STIRLING AND BP !!!!!!!!

though im not sure they will like him

i wrote a nice email to customer services at BP sugesting there naming of there petrol ( i sound like quentin wilson ), saying that i was a plank and filled up with ultimate diesel in myn cossie as i never heard of it as i dont own a diesel but my local BP dont sell ultimate deisel either, just ultimate hence why i never checked as i had no reason it said ultimate and the diesel pump was on the other side with the unleaded in the middle blah blah blah

they have sent me a letter back ( remember this was tuesday, sent a email on wednesday evening when i had a spare moment from browing passionford , i recived in on friday and it was dated on the 10th too and they have said its clearly stated its diesel on the pump and the handle and the marketing colours are made so theres no mistake ( was reading here thinking this is a fook off letter at this point ), BP will not refund you the formula of ultimate you placed in ypur tank but as a gesture of good faith were are wiling to pay for any hardware damage that your engine may have recived and the drainage costs, flushing costs and all parts including labour and vat, all i gotta do is send em a reciept for the purchase to confirm it was diesel i stuck in the car and all the invoices for all the work carried out

thing is i never got a receipt ( i own a cossie and am always in petrol stations, dont wanna keep track of what i spend on the car as i will just cry), i stoped reading at that point and started to hit the work bench in the kitchen, fortunatly my missus took the letter and caried on reading, if i get in contact with the petrol station i can get a copy of the invoice and send em that instead or a credit card/debit card bill

now i gotta drive to east mayes ( where the fook is that, this was found by luck ) and then i can get payed out for all me parts

now what can i buy and stick on the invoce that could have been damaged by diesel

anyone know, i got plugs im gonna order off stu, fuel filter i need a invoice for if anyones got one , i fitted the one i bought off pops but he dont do invoices, well i payed fook all for it , what else, would i need a oil change if diesel was stuck in it

help me out

good on BP though , ill go back there again when i need anymore diesel
Old 12-02-2005, 11:00 PM
keithG666
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice one!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Remember a lass at work filled her new (petrol) fiat stilo with deisel, then sent a letter complaining that it wasn't marked properly, she got £10 worth of petrol vouchers!

Not up on the technicalities of what happens when deisel goes through a petrol engine though sorry

Nice one though, take em for what you car mate
Old 13-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Not up on the technicalities of what happens when deisel goes through a petrol engine though sorry
they dont start , the plugs get veryu black and you buy alot of jerry cans from the highway robbery place called the BP kiosk

30 fooking litres of diesel i drained out too

come on guys a list of stuff i should change to be on the safe side, imm not gonna be paying so im changing the fooking lot
Old 13-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Uncle Henry
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

excessive det caused by running your high performance vehicle on diesel damaged the cylinder head, pistons, block, valves etc etc...... I see an engine rebuild courtesy of BP!!

seriously though I dont know why they didnt tell you to fuck off! its your own fault no-one elses! good on em for offering to pay for draining it etc, I used to work for a breakdown company and we charged between £120 and £180 to drain and dispose of contaminated fuel!
Old 13-02-2005, 12:33 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

seriously though I dont know why they didnt tell you to fuck off! its your own fault no-one elses!
cause im not the only fooker to make the mistake obviously and i wasnt actually asking for the money for draining, just the fact they should rename there performance diesel OR dont use em on alternate pumps as when ya pull up t a garage ya loom as ya read, right to left, on the right pump its unleaded, diesel and ultimate and on the next it was unleaded, diesel and ultimate diesel, similer logos just slightly different colours , if they call em different names then there wont be any confusion as the petrol owners aoind gonna recognise the new perfomance deisel named fuel and read about it rather that at 1130pm pull up to a garage and stick in ultimate

im not sure about det though, ill speal to stu, if thats the case then i will deffo get it looked at, not sure ill send em the bill for that though , just a precation rather than anything else, but then there was no starting of the car , mind it did missfire though

well either way i say good on BP for being soo nice and wanting to keep good customer relations and susgesting it to me
Old 13-02-2005, 06:31 AM
pugo
Advanced PassionFord User

you will need a new wide band lambda sensor as the diesel will have fooked you old one, you will need a new sensors in your plenum, it may have damaged your fuel pump/filter and injectors as they were all not designed for diesel service

HTH

Pugo

PS i am sure stu will find a few things that may/will have been damaged
Old 13-02-2005, 06:57 AM
pugo

Remember a lass at work filled her new (petrol) fiat stilo with deisel,
how did she get the gun in the tank???? with a hammer

pugo
Old 13-02-2005, 07:44 AM
Disabled Account
Banned

Good news..................
Old 13-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

no doug great news as thinking about it i might need new injectors too , as my grey injectors are running out of fuel due to em being fooked, cheers for reminding me pugo

more boost after i get them
Old 13-02-2005, 09:46 AM
pugo